TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

p. 624 - New Epic Universe details, including Isle of Berk!

^ If they go with the rumored Kuka's robotic arm based ride, they could possibly put it in Poseidon's place.

Mythos could possibly be re-themed into the Great Hall. Imagine eating your meal while ghosts float overhead! And the waiters could be dressed like house-elves.

I can see it becoming "The Lost Contient featuring Hogwart's." They can keep Mythos, Dueling Dragons, Enchanted Oak, and Flying Unicorn the same, but re-theme Sinbad's Bazar, the Sinbad show, and Posideon's Fury.

^^It would be hilarious!

I can see it becoming "The Lost Contient featuring Hogwart's." They can keep Mythos, Dueling Dragons, Enchanted Oak, and Flying Unicorn the same, but re-theme Sinbad's Bazar, the Sinbad show, and Posideon's Fury.

I doubt it. J.K.Rowling seems to be too invested in this. She has very specific ideas as to what this should be, if the rumors on Jimhillmedia are to be be believed.

But, IOA is intended for older crowds..I think they shouldn't make it TOO kid-friendly..

I think that's what they are going for because young kids will want to go there because of HP, they will bring their parents. Both will eat and drink... soda (Parents Beer... I forgot what they called that beer in the book but they'll probably sell that) and spend loads of money on harry potter wands, sorting hats, harry glasses, and so much crap... that it will make everyone sick...

^^It would be hilarious!

I doubt it. J.K.Rowling seems to be too invested in this. She has very specific ideas as to what this should be, if the rumors on Jimhillmedia are to be be believed.

She asks to much, imo.

I know a lot of us, including myself, don't really care for this move, but I'm starting to see this as a wise move. Children and teenagers aren't the only ones that love these books. I know tons of people my age and older that love this series. My twenty-four year old brother, who isn't the biggest fan of amusement parks, is ready to plan a trip down there in a few years now that I told them what they are doing.

I originally thought this was a dumb change because Harry Potter doesn't strike me as a series that will stay popular for years upon years. At the same time though, who's to say it's not the next Star Wars? These books are hugely popular among a fairly varying age demographic and the movies have been incredibly successful as well. Only time will tell really.

In twenty years, we may look back and say to ourself, "Self, Lost Continent was pretty freakin' sweet, but this was the smartest business move IOA ever made."

Man, I was nearly yelling at my screen multiple times while reading this board. There is so much I could say right now that would completely invalidify half of your arguments that this is a bad idea.

But I won't, because it would be pointless and I don't have time.

However, I will say this: Those of you who think that Harry Potter is for kids have obviously never read any of the books. Last year, I woke up in a cold sweat after a bad nightmare about inferi. I still have trouble thinking about dementors too much. These were family books when they started, but they've gotten much, much, much darker. These books deal with big teen issues, absolute terror, and death.

And quit your complaining about Deuling Dragons. Dragons pop up EVERYWHERE in Harry Potter. There's no reason to retheme it.

I'm sure it will turn out fine.

Man, I was nearly yelling at my screen multiple times while reading this board. There is so much I could say right now that would completely invalidify half of your arguments that this is a bad idea.

But I won't, because it would be pointless and I don't have time.

However, I will say this: Those of you who think that Harry Potter is for kids have obviously never read any of the books. Last year, I woke up in a cold sweat after a bad nightmare about inferi. I still have trouble thinking about dementors too much. These were family books when they started, but they've gotten much, much, much darker. These books deal with big teen issues, absolute terror, and death.

And quit your complaining about Deuling Dragons. Dragons pop up EVERYWHERE in Harry Potter. There's no reason to retheme it.

I'm sure it will turn out fine.

plus theres "snogging" lol

invalidify

invalidify

It's invalidate, homes. Or is that some sort of magic word that you read in Harry Potter.

In twenty years, we may look back and say to ourself, "Self, Lost Continent was pretty freakin' sweet, but this was the smartest business move IOA ever made."

That is basically my opinion on this whole thing!

Right now, I'm just amazed that of all ideas, HARRY POTTER???

You would think that the brilliant minds at Universal would at least come up with a unique idea.. (but then again, that unique idea wouldn't pull in the crowds as much as HP would!)

invalidify

invalidify

It's invalidate, homes. Or is that some sort of magic word that you read in Harry Potter.

Amazing how not everyone is perfect. I was in a hurry.

And why did you feel the need to make fun of me for reading Harry Potter?