TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Official "TPR In Europe" Ongoing TR Thread.

Glad to hear you guys made it back safely. Doesn't getting reassigned suck? Because, there's nothing more fun than sitting in an airport! It looked like you guys had a blast. I'm jealous of the UK-ness now... pre-jealousy. grawr

Rock "Wonders what kinda music they'll use for these vids" MacDaniel

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like they say... al good songs do come to an end...

It was great meeting you all

It was great following the trip in this trip report

It will be great to see the DVD (With this I place my order am I the first? Am I...)

Hope to see you in Florida (if our times would cross over in October)

And who know... I might bug you on your trip to the UK next time...

^You're gonna have a lot of tour guides in the UK next year!

^Well, I offered up all sorts of music suggestions, but I'm thinking they'll be ignored...

Dave "no Strapping Young Lad in the Europe DVD, I guess" Thomas

Damn, Oh My ------- God from "City" would have been awesome set to a Vekoma ride!

-Non-German Tom

Great trip report guys. This is my first post here even though I've seen your videos in the past. Glad you had a great time at DLRP, infact I was there at the same time! On the 3rd of July, it was my 18th Birthday and I was at DLRP for my first ever trip there. Also happened to be at the stunt show at the same time as you. I recognised Elissa from your ioa movie but I wasn't 100% sure it was you, and I was too shy to ask when I was stood next to you at cinemagique queue!

I've attached a photo of Elissa in her acting role at the stunt show! We also have a full video.

Oh and by the way, I'm also from Southport, glad you enjoyed Pleasureland!!!

lmaxedit.jpg.4430cbe30ecdc1fc1ecc9089bf10069c.jpg

Elissa in her staring role!

^ OMG! That is the funniest thing I've ever seen!

1. Because how random was it that there was someone from the site also in that audience and...

2. Because Elissa trying to "act" in that show was the funniest damn thing EVER!!!!

You should post a little video clip!

--Robb

^ OMG! That is the funniest thing I've ever seen!

1. Because how random was it that there was someone from the site also in that audience and...

2. Because Elissa trying to "act" in that show was the funniest damn thing EVER!!!!

You should post a little video clip!

--Robb

At first I thought, 'No it can't be', then I saw you guys at Cinemagique, right next to me infact, and I thought it might be, and now I know. It looked like you filmed too? I saw someone from your area with a camera. Well, if you filmed the big screen I was on that! I'll try and sort a video as soon as I've uploaded to my computer!

Robb

Nice to hear at Tonnerre De Zeus was back!! I have not been at a lot of parks, thats why i was so curious about how you liked this one. I have only been to Tusenfryd, Liseberg, Eurodisney and Parc asterix.

But now we want to try some new parks. Soon we are going on a 4 week car holiday from Norway to Garda/Venezia. As i have talked a lot to my girlfriend about " Robb & Elissa's fantastic trip!" lately. She said "why not ask them which of the parks they would really love to go back to? And only parks that is on the way to Garda." So Robb could you please range your favorite parks of 5 parks along our way. It would make her (and me) very happy.

This parks is right beside the highway on our route to italy. Dooh! As you already didn't know

1. Tivoli

2. Heide Park (Colossos)

3. Holiday Park (Expedition GeForce)

4. Europa Park (Silver Star)

5. Movie Studios Park (Canevaworld Italy)

Gardaland was between number 4 and 5, but it's gone now. And you know why

And please if you have any suggestions feel free to tell me about them.

Thanks a lot!

Well, you didn't ask me... but...

out of:

1. Tivoli

2. Heide Park (Colossos)

I'd rank them:

1. Europa

2. Holiday

3. Heide

4. Tivoli

5. Movie Studios Park

Keep in mind that all 5 of these parks though are in my "upper tier" of awesomeness! Also if you're going to be in Garda you might as well go to Gardaland since it is RIGHT THERE!

Elissa "I'd imagine Robb's rankings are pretty similar!" Alvey

Hi Robb & ElissaLoved reading your reports, sounds like you had an amazing holiday. Totally agree with you about the Motor Action stunt show and Big Thunder being better in Paris.

How did you cope with all those foreign languages?????

Suprised you didn't make it to Port Aventura?(From memory I don't think you've ever been) I guess it was just to far out of the way for you.

Now you may think this a totally insane suggestion, but it would be an easy add on to a U.K. trip. No, honestly stop laughing , it really is.

My Sister is currently working in Barcelona and we went over for the weekend in May. Loads of cheap flights from U.K. airports, then only

1 1/2 hrs by train direct to the park (has it's own station on the mainline).

Just a thought, and if you want a tour guide let me know.

Regards

Colin.

Well, you didn't ask me... but...

out of:

1. Tivoli

2. Heide Park (Colossos)

I'd rank them:

1. Europa

2. Holiday

3. Heide

4. Tivoli

5. Movie Studios Park

Keep in mind that all 5 of these parks though are in my "upper tier" of awesomeness! Also if you're going to be in Garda you might as well go to Gardaland since it is RIGHT THERE!

Elissa "I'd imagine Robb's rankings are pretty similar!" Alvey

Thanks Elissa!

This question was of course meant for for the two of you, my mistake

Tomorrow i will show this to my girlfriend so we can finish our trip planning. We will try to visit 3 or 4 parks of your ranking list. I noticed that you put europe on the top of the list. This place must be pretty good. We usually live at Etap or Ibis but i could not find any Etap hotels in italy. I read that you lived at Etap. Elissa how would you compare Tonnere de zeus to Colossos?

Looks like your favorite coster is Expedition geforce now Elissa, i can't wait riding it.

Thanks again for your help!

News!

Here are som info of a new Intamin launching coaster called "SpeedMonster". Its being built at Tusenfryd and its gonna be finished 23. april 2006. Its gonna be scandinavias biggest of its kind.

6.000 horsepower

0-90 kilometer per hour on 2,2 seconds

4 G

7 times weightless

40 meters height difference

69 seconds ridetime

Link http://www.dinside.no/php/art.php?id=218980

195649.jpg.b91eec8dbe49c482b3b8f9c7c13c3a9b.jpg

195651.jpg.8eb36803d53b65af75f7c838f0a46623.jpg

Colossos and Zeus are two very different rides. Colossos is all about the long floater airtime and is glass smooth. Zeus is much more about out of control laterals and airtime, but do not expect 'smooth' by any means. The way they both ran on our trip I might even put Zeus ahead of Colossos on my list! They are both top caliber rides!

As far as Etap's and Ibis', there are some Accor hotels in Italy, but they seem to be more expensive. Check it out at www.accorhotels.com and search Italy.

Elissa "You're going to hit some great rides on your trip!" Alvey

I don't know why we haven't gone yet. It is in our plans though. We will probably do a Mediterranean Cruise out of Barcelona and do the Spain parks either before or after.

Elissa "there are still a lot of places we need to go!" Alvey