TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

p. 375: Phoenix Rising family inverted coaster announced for 2024!

I don't think people are really complaining or whining...I just think it's amusing!

Like others have said...the two rides don't share any share the same market so none of the GP will even know. I can see it pissing off a few BGW Fanboys, but what's the problem with that?!?!

I like Sheikra a lot, I think the whole floorless thing is a bad gimmick. It really won't make a difference to me!

Jeff Johnson 2.0

I don't know if that is a complement or not? I haven't broken any kiddie coasters, but I do consider them to be credits...

I wouldn't turn down a ride on the Shamu Express if it meant that I would have another credit! I am a credit monger.

I think there needs to be some sort of defining factor that would constitute a ride being considered a new credit. Are Steel Phantom & Phantom's Revenge seperate credits? To this I would say yes, as there was modification to the track as well as the trains.

Just changing the trains doesn't qualify IMHO. In all actuallity I don't think it will change the ride experience at all. The height of the seats gave it a feel of floorless anyway.

Kraken used to have floors? I thought it was built floorless.

^^I admit that I count KBF's old Motorcycle Chase and Wacky Soapbox Racers as two credits, even though they follow the same track layout. I think switching from the "motorcycles" to log-like "soapbox cars" gave the ride a completely different feel.

I doubt that I'd do the same for Sheikra, though--I don't think the floorless trains will do much to change the "feel" of that awesome ride.

I don't think people are really complaining or whining...I just think it's amusing!

Like others have said...the two rides don't share any share the same market so none of the GP will even know. I can see it pissing off a few BGW Fanboys, but what's the problem with that?!?!

I like Sheikra a lot, I think the whole floorless thing is a bad gimmick. It really won't make a difference to me!

Some how I think the effects will be amplified for a floorless dive machine compared to the normal floorless coaster.

Wasn't too impressed with SheiKra when I went over last year, and tbh I don't think this'll add much to the overall experience... But then again I don't feel much of a difference without the floor on Kraken...

^I was responding to this statement. It appears that this individual has ridden Kraken with and without floorless trains.

^Some would consider the Motercycle Chase > Soap Box Racers as 8 seperate credits.

Like you I do consider those two as a seperate credits. Entirely different feel as to riding on something open to being enclosed in a car.

Much more fun on the cycles.

Agreed re. the cycles, but I did like how they tricked it up with new effects and scenery when they switched to the soapbox racers.

Sigh! Riding Steeplechase at BPB (my favorite coaster there) made me miss the Motorcycle Chase even more.

Now floorless soapbox cars--that would've been exciting!