TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Alton Towers Discussion Thread

p. 235: Nemesis Reborn announced for Spring 2024!

The towers are haunted. Hex has had many unexplained shutdowns. Also, Hex is based on a local legand. The tree it is based around can be found in the actrual village of Alton and if you ask around locals will probably give you directions. The park however recreated their own version of the tree in the parks grounds. Apparently they then found out about the real tree.

Corkscrew is haunted!!! either that or i managed to pop the restraints open a notch... talk about being fat!!! lol

Air is as well (or i'm a jinx, or someones out to kill me) got stuck on it for 1/2 an hour

lol i was with him that day, we demanded for pizza but all we got was a fastrack ticket to rita, nemesis, duel, runaway mine train, oblivion and spin ball whizzer!!! it was kinda cool for a ride breaking down, don't ya think???? and corkscrew hurt like hell!!!! we were stupid to go on it!!!! ouch!

P.S im his bro

Alton towers is apperantly haunted by 15 different ghosts.

Most of which reside in the old castle ruins.

http://www.towersalmanac.com/index.php?show_story=266

THey deffinitly helped me last week because myself and my mated queued for rita in the singlt riders queue for 20 minutes skipping and 80 minute normal queue and we got to get on the front together!!!We couldn't believe our luck!

• 2 months later...

It seems that Alton Towers will be unveiling two smaller attractions this season whilst preparing for the massive ride investment for 2008.

The first new attraction is a childrens playground for Old MacDonald's Farm and is called Dung-Ho (quite disturbing in my opinion "Hey mum can I go play on the dung?") This attraction will be built on the old animal paddocks that havnt been used for some years now.

The second new attraction is more to my liking and has been called The Haunted Hollow and will be a new path to the Forbidden Valley. A park spokesperson has stated: "The sinister trail will take visitors on an eerie adventure rooted in the history of the park and its original inhabitants, whose ancestors are buried within its grounds."

Finally it seems that there will be a return of some very popular events such as Chocolate Towers and the long anticipated Halloween spectacular for the end of season event. In my opinion the return of Halloween spectacular seems to be a result of the recent lawsuits against the firework spectaculars and also a financial decision in that they cannot afford to stage both events. However this will not bother a fan such as me who looks at American halloween events with jealousy.

Just like to thank TowersTimes and TowersNerd for the info!

NOO The animal barns are AMAZING. If i'm thinking of the right ones... They have loads of buttons in and you go round and press them all LOADS of times.

I love the farm, you can ride cocks all day long.

Yeah, theyve secured massive funding and submitted planning applications for rollercoasters which are projected for 2008 if my memory serves me well. The attractions opened this year are part of their ongoing sprucing up and cleaning the park, making it all look presentable after a few years of it falling into disrepair and looking tired.

The rumours for the new rollercoaster is that it might be a new water ride or maybe a woodie, personally i'd like another worlds first extreme ride because theyve neglected the thrill seekers of late whilst developing the park's family image and resort potential. I'm just happy that they're adding to Gloomy wood because theres so much potential in that location.

I heard that Alton was planning to build a wooden coaster of similar scale to Megafobia and also a shoot the chute (tidal wave style ride) in the near future. These two small additions to the park in 2007 are probably being introduced to add something new to the park but on a low budget to save money for these large investments in the near future.

^Eh? And you didn't go via all the other areas because? May seem longer but at least it's mostly level...

Not heard much bout this, the coaster is rumoured not only to be a wooden (which is the most probable, no more steel most likely now, too noisy for the Ropers...) but I'm more interested in this new pathway...Mainly on whereabouts and why add it in...

Theyre probably going to use the route of the old park railway which hasnt been used since 1996. The reason its been added is because they usually add something new each season to keep the punters interested in something new even if its only small scale. The walkway is probably part of their new initiative in advancing the theming all over the park which has been neglected over the past few years. As you probably all know Towers street is getting a make-over and I think they are getting rid of the frogs at the end.

I remember when Alton Towers used to be at the forefront of rollercoaster technology:

Nemesis - first suspended in Europe.

Oblivion - first ever dive machine.

Air - first ever flyer.

They need to get themselves back on to the theme park map...and fast. I was there a few years ago and the place was looking a bit tired and run down.

They need to come up with a great new coaster for 2008 and get people talking about the park again. No more crappy small rides like Spinball or even Rita.

Well it feels that what Tussuards have been doing lately is introducing a ride at AT and then refining it for introduction at Thorpe, hopefully this will stop now that AT is focusing on thrill rides again.

Is anyone else ecstatic about the possible return of the halloween spectacular!

As a recent visitor to Alton I have no idea what the park must have looked like before considering it was amazing when i went last summer. They also have an amazing coaster collection and ride collection in general. I would think it has to be among the top ten parks in the world.

^A bit pedantic surely?

I'm a little dissapointed by AT this year, from what was a lot of hype and secret projects, this season has given us a scary path and a crap playground. At least the rumors about the mine train weren't true!