Alton Towers Discussion Thread

P. 576: The Alton Towers Dungeon teased for 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

ALTON TOWERS IN 2007

Postby Bigdave » Sun Jan 21, 2007 6:32 am

It seems that Alton Towers will be unveiling two smaller attractions this season whilst preparing for the massive ride investment for 2008.

The first new attraction is a childrens playground for Old MacDonald's Farm and is called Dung-Ho (quite disturbing in my opinion "Hey mum can I go play on the dung?") :lolr: This attraction will be built on the old animal paddocks that havnt been used for some years now.

The second new attraction is more to my liking and has been called The Haunted Hollow and will be a new path to the Forbidden Valley. A park spokesperson has stated: "The sinister trail will take visitors on an eerie adventure rooted in the history of the park and its original inhabitants, whose ancestors are buried within its grounds."

Finally it seems that there will be a return of some very popular events such as Chocolate Towers and the long anticipated Halloween spectacular for the end of season event. In my opinion the return of Halloween spectacular seems to be a result of the recent lawsuits against the firework spectaculars and also a financial decision in that they cannot afford to stage both events. However this will not bother a fan such as me who looks at American halloween events with jealousy. :devil:

Just like to thank TowersTimes and TowersNerd for the info!

THE BOY

Postby Ed » Sun Jan 21, 2007 6:57 am

NOO The animal barns are AMAZING. If i'm thinking of the right ones... They have loads of buttons in and you go round and press them all LOADS of times. ::lol::

I love the farm, you can ride cocks all day long. :lover:

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby jappi » Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:37 am

wherent they planning to build a coaster?

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Bigdave » Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:58 am

Yeah, theyve secured massive funding and submitted planning applications for rollercoasters which are projected for 2008 if my memory serves me well. The attractions opened this year are part of their ongoing sprucing up and cleaning the park, making it all look presentable after a few years of it falling into disrepair and looking tired.

The rumours for the new rollercoaster is that it might be a new water ride or maybe a woodie, personally i'd like another worlds first extreme ride because theyve neglected the thrill seekers of late whilst developing the park's family image and resort potential. I'm just happy that they're adding to Gloomy wood because theres so much potential in that location.

Did my donkey title just change???

Postby Stealth » Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:03 am

I heard that Alton was planning to build a wooden coaster of similar scale to Megafobia and also a shoot the chute (tidal wave style ride) in the near future. These two small additions to the park in 2007 are probably being introduced to add something new to the park but on a low budget to save money for these large investments in the near future.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby IceDragon » Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:26 am

im glad theyre making a different route to get to FB, it took about 1/2 hour jogging to get down and up the valley!

i hope they do make an intense ride, maybe a coasterball... but then thats just one mans dream...

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby Nemesis Inferno » Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:55 am

^Eh? And you didn't go via all the other areas because? May seem longer but at least it's mostly level... :)

Not heard much bout this, the coaster is rumoured not only to be a wooden (which is the most probable, no more steel most likely now, too noisy for the Ropers...) but I'm more interested in this new pathway...Mainly on whereabouts and why add it in...

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Bigdave » Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:41 am

Theyre probably going to use the route of the old park railway which hasnt been used since 1996. The reason its been added is because they usually add something new each season to keep the punters interested in something new even if its only small scale. The walkway is probably part of their new initiative in advancing the theming all over the park which has been neglected over the past few years. As you probably all know Towers street is getting a make-over and I think they are getting rid of the frogs at the end.

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby AndyGiles » Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:07 pm

I remember when Alton Towers used to be at the forefront of rollercoaster technology:

Nemesis - first suspended in Europe.
Oblivion - first ever dive machine.
Air - first ever flyer.

They need to get themselves back on to the theme park map...and fast. I was there a few years ago and the place was looking a bit tired and run down.

They need to come up with a great new coaster for 2008 and get people talking about the park again. No more crappy small rides like Spinball or even Rita.

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby neovortex2k » Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:42 pm

Yeah didn't like rita that much.

Felt it wasn't well though out just plonked ontop of ug land without being blended in very well.

Not a great ride either.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!