TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I could see CP taking out:

Wildcat

Jr. Gemini

Disaster Transport

Meanstreak

Not all at once, and maybe not some for 5 years. But come on, Wildcat...please!

If they take out Wildcat, they would most likely give it to Geauga Lake and market it as their next step to a "Family Friendly Park". I hope we arnt the park that gets all of the other parks crappy family reject rides.

Sharktums wrote:"Not all at once, and maybe not some for 5 years. But come on, Wildcat...please!"

Yeah, I don't understand why a great theme park like that owns a coaster that looks like it should be at a traveling fair. It's time to remove it, it kind of looks out of place.

Talking about the post below mine:

Hmm, maybe because there are a lot of similarities between CP and SFMM, and now with SFMM taking some coasters out, it's normal to talk about other similar parks doing something similar!?!?

Just a thought.

Plus, I don't think people really care THAT much about Psyclone and Flashback so it's natural for the thread to digress.

Meanwhile, down reality road...Cedar Point ISN'T removing any roller coasters anytime soon. So why are you guys debating which Cedar Point coaster should be taken out...especially in this thread?

It'll be interesting to see how Magic Mountain decides to take down Psyclone. It'd be nice if one of us members happened to be at the park when a giant steel wrecking ball just levels the entire thing within a few seconds --- and taped it all. LOL

What would be the point of taking Wildcat out? It was a pretty fun ride,

For a traveling fair, sure! For Cedar Point, c'mon on!

it always has a long lines,

Because it's SH1T for capacity!

and what could they fit in there anyway?

A pretzel stand.

I always thought Corkscrew would be first to go, despite it's pretty corkscrews over the midways (with the fugly 70's supports looming there)

I agree about Wildcat looking out of place, but still, there are quite a few worse coasters than this (ride-wise) at Cedar Point.

You think thats ugly? I think it's art!

It'll be interesting to see how Magic Mountain decides to take down Psyclone. It'd be nice if one of us members happened to be at the park when a giant steel wrecking ball just levels the entire thing within a few seconds --- and taped it all. LOL

I would like to see the park sell tickets for people to take part in burning the ride to the ground!!

I always thought Corkscrew would be first to go, despite it's pretty corkscrews over the midways (with the fugly 70's supports looming there)

I agree about Wildcat looking out of place, but still, there are quite a few worse coasters than this (ride-wise) at Cedar Point.

You think thats ugly? I think it's art!

Yeah, but the Mona Lisa doesn't climb out from behind her bulletproof glass barrier and beat you up with a police rod.

Things I could see Cedar Point removing:

1) Wildcat. As fun as this is on the midway, it not only looks out of place in Cedar Point, it also has horribly long lines. They should remove this and put something else in its place, perhaps a flat ride (nah, Cedar Point has WAY too many of those, lol).

2) Mean Streak. No surprise. You could put a spinning coaster, a few flats, and some trash cans and/or some food stands.

3) Disaster Transport. Put a dark ride in its place, be creative with the area.

To be honest, I think Cedar Point should take a look at the general flow of its park. Last time I was there (okay, this was seven years ago, so I'm sure it's different), there were entire areas of the park where there were nearly zero people, like back where the Space Spiral is. Is it still like that?

Last time I was there (okay, this was seven years ago, so I'm sure it's different), there were entire areas of the park where there were nearly zero people, like back where the Space Spiral is. Is it still like that?

Seven years ago, there was no Troika, maXair, Wicked Twister, Giant Wheel back where the Space Spiral is.

So no, it's not still like that.

I'm guessing it will sit there for a year or two until they are actually ready to build something new on the plot of land (so they can lump the cost of the demolition in with the project budget). Not that I am complaining, but this decision totally reeks of a cost cutting move disguised as an improvement since Psyclone sucks ass.

But hey...as long as that money goes towards Metro and not just adding money to the bottom line, it works for me.

Last time I was there (okay, this was seven years ago, so I'm sure it's different), there were entire areas of the park where there were nearly zero people, like back where the Space Spiral is. Is it still like that?

Seven years ago, there was no Troika, maXair, Wicked Twister, Giant Wheel back where the Space Spiral is.

So no, it's not still like that.

Good, then. I remember there being a big, mostly empty games area, and some kiddie rides, and then there were a couple flats (Schwabinchen, pirate ship, and the Swiss Alps one). I'd forgotten they'd put all that stuff back there.

Using a wrecking ball on Psyclone would give SFMM a bad image. It's basically a stereotypical way to describe a bad coaster. Just because someone doesn't like it, they want it "torched" or destroyed "wrecking ball style"...if they actually did that, it would definetly scare people away thinking wtf? if it were your favorite coaster coming down, you'd be saying I hope they use plenty of comforters and gently take it apart for another to use. oh please.

ok, now that i got that out...

As of my writing now, it is official. (I've seen this on plenty other websites, claiming it's official, so I'll go for that) Psyclone and Flashback are being torn down. So SFMM is out of the race to be the park with the most coasters in the world. I did saw this coming I think.... Now Superman ain't at SFMM anymore, I'm starting to believe that their going for more of a family park.

Well I think Shapiro's attitude towards the race is dead on, imo, who cares? The park experience should have a focus on quality as appose to the quantity. What good is 17 roller coasters if half of them are broken or suck anyways? This means that they don't have to staff the park with so many people, nor do they have to waste any fraction of the maintnance budget on the attraction.

Your right about that. It's better to have just 3 rollercoasters, but their damn good, instead of having 20 rollercoasters but 15 of them sucks. They still got X though! Ow BTW, I forgot to say that Psyclone has the only wooden roller coaster trains ever built by B&M. Each train weighs 5000 lbs! That's why it's rough I think.

There is no one reason that Psyclone sucks...its best just to say everything about it contributes to its rough ride.

I am glad that they are going, it is a step in the right direction but for some reason it feels weird. I think it's the fact that I grew up with the park already having those rides and so the park's state during my first visit seemed permanent...as if they would never leave. Also, this is a new thing for me to see...instead of a ride addition its a ride subtraction.

Psyclone should not be dismantled it should be blown up with lots and lots of explosives! It caused a lot of people a lot of pain so it is only fitting to take it down in such a destructfull manner. Not gingerly take it apart piece by piece but drop some bombs on it-that'll get the job done!

Psyclone should not be dismantled it should be blown up with lots and lots of explosives! It caused a lot of people a lot of pain so it is only fitting to take it down in such a destructfull manner. Not gingerly take it apart piece by piece but drop some bombs on it-that'll get the job done!

Damn, your destructive...