TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

^I bet CP doesn't care, as thewy've always called themselves the "Park with the most coasters"...

Still, I'm really glad this is happening, because Flashback was an ugly waste of space and Psyclone was just bad.

Thank god I happened to get my Psyclone credit in December. I made it just in time! I think that the death of Psyclone could have had something to do with the Junk yard behind it being cleared out.

Nonetheless, I wanted to ride Flashback!

Anyway, with Psyclone, I'm just glad that I was able to enjoy my rides on them. I thought it was funny in the back seat to see all of the cars in front of you on the turns BASHING AROUND the riders, then riders getting off while we get on saying "They should tear this down!" or "I chipped a nail!" I'll miss the ride, but I'm glad other rides weren't torn down.

-Mike "Maybe I'll be showing up at the ERT in March, but doubt it!" J

Now that CP has room to drop a coaster and keep the redord, maybe they'll get rid of Mean Streak! An Intamin plug-n-play would fit well in that space, and probably with space left over too!

-Justin "Hey, a boy can dream!" Seabaugh

My take:

Psyclone is done; which is wonderful. It sucked big time. And can people stop calling woodies which the same design clones. Too many factors go into wooden coasters (weather, wear and tear, upkeep) to ever have a true wooden clone.

Whoever said GCI should retrack Psyclone (or any coaster) and put Millennium Flyers on it. Don't hold your breathe on it ever happening. At Rumblefest, the folks at GCI said Millennium Flyers will only go on GCI built coasters. PERIOD.

Flashback - How could anyone seriously but upset that it is leaving SFMM? It hasn't been open in 4 years. Get real people, if they left it SBNO for another 50 years you (and me) still wouldn't get that credit.

On SFMM becoming more family friendly, they could put whatever section they want in there but until they get rid of the riff raff, families will not go there in droves if they don't feel safe.

On Cedar Point's view - I'm sure they will be happy to include "most coasters" on their paraphernalia, but they know that doesn't hold any substantial value to them. With Flashback SBNO it was all a facade anyway. However, I wouldn't expect them to immediately rip out Mean Streak for an Intamin, maybe 5 years from now when Mean Streak is 20 years old. It costs $7.5 Million to build and I believe capital expense are amoritized over 20 years with Cedar Point. Then again, I was not very good in accounting class.

Now that CP has room to drop a coaster and keep the redord, maybe they'll get rid of Mean Streak! An Intamin plug-n-play would fit well in that space, and probably with space left over too!

Haha, I hadn't even realised that, but the moment you said it a soccer announcer in my head screamd, "FIII NAAAA LLYYYYYYY"...

Maybe we should speculate what else Cedar Point could remove.

Or maybe they could put in a nice floorless. Oh the possibilities!

This is fairly good news for MM. Getting rid of an outdated steel coaster and a woodie that they just didn't care about. And now they're getting what they really need, a family area and a time saving monorail. Good news for sure.

Haha, I hadn't even realised that, but the moment you said it a soccer announcer in my head screamd, "FIII NAAAA LLYYYYYYY"...

Maybe we should speculate what else Cedar Point could remove.

I don't see CP removing any of their coasters. Unlike Six Flags, Cedar Fair knows how to keep their rides in working order and dosen't let them sit in their parks and rot for about 5 years.

Flashback had some ugly trains! They looked like box's riding on a box track. For anyone who rode it: Was it hard to get any good views infront of you?