TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

PTR: Jahan goes to Disneyland!

^ I came up with that. Everyone who uses it owes me $500.

Do we also have to pay you $500 if we claim that our eveator goes to Norway!?

Laura "I get $500 for anyone who gets cell phone reception in the Twilight Zone" Huls

HAHAHAHA! I forgot about that!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Jahan , great trip report!!!!!

And yay for a Mexico reference!!!!

“Except this elevator leads you straight to……..Mexico!”

But I still dont know if its a good thing or a bad thing

Joel "but you had a tortilla " Saury

Its Terrible.

--------

Nice trip Report, Jahan! Like, i should really get my butt out to Disney and DCA oneday soon...

Heh... two feet.

well after seeing this PTR i thought I would be expecting the same kind of crowds yesterday. I was wrong, though it certainly wasn't crowded, but both parks were far from dead. So onto the main reason I went, Rockin both parks. I gotta say I like the Rockin Space Mtn idea, could it have been better implemented...hell yeah. But it was a fun change from the original version, and Higher Ground is one of my fav RHCP songs anyway so it made it that much better. Over at DCA. CA Screamin's overlay i liked a lot as well, the music wasn't exactly synched up but at least you could hear the music, those speakers were cranked up loud and we were even in the front and could hear every single thing. Only downside at DCA, was we were waiting to ride the sun wheel, when it broke down with only 2 people ahead of us, so that kinda sucked and i guess that had to do an evac on it anyway.

Just like when Jahan was there, in fact I ran into him last night before the fireworks, when they announced it, the fireworks were cancelled again due to "wind at higher elevations" i was lookin forward to seein the show again seeing as it's been quite a few months since the last time i did, but what are you gonna do?

overall it was a fun day, we had got on everything we wanted to and rode Space 3 times, each time loved it even more, but I still think nothin beats the "in the dark" version

oh yeah and i even saw some SFMM/KBF operations yesterday as well. Matterhorn was back up, but with the line wrapping all the way to Tomorrowland Terrace they never opened the second side, which pretty much made the line 40 min most of the day, way to go Disney

Okay, I like your trip report but...I strongly disagree about what you said about Rockin' Space Mountain ! I love that overlay! Sure, it's not as good as the orginial Space Mountain, but I loved it noneoftheless! I'm not sure what you mean by going slower...I still felt I was going pretty fast. The music was great! It was fun seeing the track structue and seeing the other rockets going by. Unlike most other people, I'm giving Rockin' Space Mountain a borderling B+/A-.

oh yeah and i even saw some SFMM/KBF operations yesterday as well. Matterhorn was back up, but with the line wrapping all the way to Tomorrowland Terrace they never opened the second side, which pretty much made the line 40 min most of the day, way to go Disney

Um, that's because the other side is down for yearly rehab. Be glad, usually they shut the whole thing down and say, "Sorry, come back in March". This year they seem to be doing it in pieces.

^ Yeah but how long is Matterhorn usually down for, cause it was closed back in November for rehab as well, wouldn't expect a rehab to last 3 months

...and on the topic of Rockin Space Mtn, the more I ride the more I love it, I actually like it more than the original version now, and i also agree that it doesn't feel any slower having the lights on

• 4 weeks later...

Hey i just got back from disneyland and im not sure if you had the same experience but space mountain was running with the lights on. Or at least most of them. i could clearly see the entire track and everything inside the building. i videotaped it and i plan on sending it in. Let me know if it was the same for you.

jamie