TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

How is taking out an old ride that doesn't get a lot of riders anymore and probably costs a crapload to maintain the 'craziest thing they've ever done'.

I love Intamin rides as much as the next person, but I'd much rather see a newer generation Intamin Drop Tower take that spot!

did anyone do the penny trick
Who hasn't! Did anyone use capitalizations and question marks?

I prefer these freefall rides better then any other. Because they feel like you are actually "freefalling". As opposed to the other ones which feel forced or you can tell you are on a track when falling. Also that little curvy bit adds a lot to the ride aswell!

The whole ride is a better experience to me then the other ones. This is the only freefall ride that gives me that funny feeling in my stomach when falling and when you hit that curvy bit it compounds that feeling! I just love it!!

Completely agreed, the 1st-gen Intamins were the only ones that felt like you were actually "falling freely", letting gravity do all the work - every other "tower"-type ride just doesn't feel right, like you're either going too fast or too slow, like you're being pushed or pulled, even when you're not.

Sure, you can be rocketed down, but that's not as scary as the feeling of going to sit down, and falling because the chair isn't there, ya know?

How is taking out an old ride that doesn't get a lot of riders anymore and probably costs a crapload to maintain the 'craziest thing they've ever done'.

I love Intamin rides as much as the next person, but I'd much rather see a newer generation Intamin Drop Tower take that spot!

Because it is a highly underrated ride have you ever even been on it.

Underrated = underridden = underutilization of the property it takes up.

I understand why they're getting ripped out. They can certainly use the space for something that would attract more guests. It makes sense financially.

Sure, it's a shame. The old freefalls are fun as hell. But it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone why they're being replaced.

I'm just glad I managed to ride one while there are still some around.

I think you need to look at the posting details of the people you are calling out....ie...SharkTums...site admin...5677 posts.

Anyway, I always liked the out of control feeling that you got on the ride, but seem to remember it going down at least for a portion of the day almost every time I went there. What I think is apparent is that it was the only drop tower, freefall, type ride in a huge park. If they are going to get rid of it, that is going to be a pretty obvious whole in their ride line up...At least they aren't getting rid of the Parachutes yet. It may not be the most intense ride, but it is getting to be rather unique in this day and age.

Yeah obviously this newbie knows nothing of me and my Intamin Fetish!

I would never want it taken out, I'm just saying I totally understand SFGAd's reasoning for taking it out. And with their record lately of putting in Intamin Rides, I trust them!

Shes practically been on almost every ride imaginable!! At least from what I gather!

• 3 months later...

^ You do realize that coasters get modifications all the time....for example, California Screamin' had his loop removed a couple of weeks ago....having a pieces of track replaced happens ALL THE TIME.

As far as I know, there haven't been any rumors of this ride being "modified" unlike SoB where those rumors were floating around for a few weeks before the pics of the loop being removed surfaced.

Until you actually hear something concrete, I wouldn't go around making a huge deal out of it.

--Robb "I really think you should change your topic title, but you don't know if it's really being modified." Alvey

Well, Robin's train did valley before and the back car of the train was stuck upside down in the zero-g roll. Also, because of the incident that happened to Chiller in the beginning of July this past summer.

So, that's a pretty good guess why the zero-g roll would be removed.

^^ I disagree. A train got stuck upside down on Demon and you didn't see a loop get removed.

I could see them taking down the zero-g to repair any damange that might have been done to the track because of the accident, but just because they have currently removed it, doesn't mean it's "gone."

Please do not jump to conclusions without having any concrete proof, and in this case, not even a rumor, as it will only lead to speculation which might very well be wrong.

--Robb

It's really more like half of the zero-g being gone, the last part of the twist is still there. They might be slightly modifying it or retracking that section, but unless they remove more track, they aren't going to remove the zero-g.

Actually the real reason for the Zero-G rolls being taken away is because of it being a major valley spot! Also, I believe it also has to do with the speed of the train as it travels through causing too much friction. And yes, it is definatly being taken out for Aitime hills.

-Dainan "Take my word on it." Rafferty