SFNO/Jazzland Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

J ,

Obligated? Yes.

Interested? No.

Trying to get out of the 75 year lease? You bet.

We already know for fact that it is locals who visit and support the park.

The population may never return to New Orleans to support SFNO.

If it does, it will be MANY many years.

We also know that this park was never supported by tourist's and never will be a destination park.

I was unofficially told 3 months ago it won't be back.

We can still dream though!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm really not sure if Six Flags is willing to rebuild New Orleans especially with them having a hard enough time fixing up the rest of their parks. Correct me if I'm wrong but I also think that it didn't bring in as much money as they had hoped and that may be something that pushes, or sways their decisions (sp) if you want to call it something like that. As for BTR I think it is very possible for them to dismantel and repair the ride and give it to another park, however, I don't know of any SF parks that don't already have a B:TR so they might just leave it there as well.

however, I don't know of any SF parks that don't already have a B:TR so they might just leave it there as well.

There's what 21 Six Flags branded parks, 8 of which have Batman The Ride's.

That leaves like 13 parks that could use SFNO's Batman. Many of which badly need a good ride.

Yeah, I can get pics.

I just have to decide I want to drive 45 minutes to do it.

If there will be work for a SF employee most likely I will get a call and be in the park again.

If i get over to get pics, I will post them soon after.

The actual news story is not posted on the web yet.

however, I don't know of any SF parks that don't already have a B:TR so they might just leave it there as well.

There's what 21 Six Flags branded parks, 8 of which have Batman The Ride's.

That leaves like 13 parks that could use SFNO's Batman. Many of which badly need a good ride.

Hmm, I guess you're right....I could've sworn there were more of them. Maybe its just since all of the SF theme parks I've been to except for one have had a BTR.

You also have to keep in mind how complicated this can be.

Acording to the lease with the city, if SFI bails out everything in the park becomes property of the city of New Orleans.

There could be major lawsuits and stuff in the future if SFI moves that ride to another park and fails to reopn SFNO.

Yeah, I can get pics.

I just have to decide I want to drive 45 minutes to do it.

If there will be work for a SF employee most likely I will get a call and be in the park again.

If i get over to get pics, I will post them soon after.

The actual news story is not posted on the web yet.

45 minutes? Do you need gas money?

I was driving nearly 2 hours each way for all those Eejanaika updates. With all the tolls it usually coast me nearly 100 bucks each time I went.

I don't think anybody wants to see you go out there a bunch of times, but rather just the once for a little visual confirmation, sad though it may be.

Please?

Incidentally, does the park need to reopen in any specific manner to meet the conditions of the lease? Could they concievably open just the kiddy area for one weekend and then bail safely?

^ LOL ^

Well, I am, or was SFNO seasonal MGMT and did odds and ends in the park during the off season. So that was " My Commute ".

True i like being in, working the park, and riding coasters. Just not that big o deal for me to get the pics.

I will try and if I do I will post them.

This was back in July but SFI made it clear what they did not want.

05:30 PM CDT on Saturday, July 1, 2006

Associated Press

NEW ORLEANS — The company that owns Six Flags New Orleans does not want to reopen the flood-ravaged eastern New Orleans theme park, but Mayor Ray Nagin said he wants to hold the company to its 75-year lease.

Six Flags Inc. has offered to pay the city $10 million to cover rent to the city and to give the city 66 acres of land the company owns next to the park. The company also is offering to give the city 20 percent of its insurance proceeds above $75 million. It is unclear how much insurance money the park will receive.