TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

p. 375: Phoenix Rising family inverted coaster announced for 2024!

I for one am glad John posted one picture in this thread, as I missed the other thread. As far as I know, Theme Park Review isn't about how many different threads we can start and how many people will look at your photos. Your topic discusses Python's removal, and thats exactly what that picture is about. And I highly doubt its spamming, as he's not going to get any money or anything like that if he has more views to his thread than you do.

I think the most gory of the pictures are gone. I would have felt worse about seeing a half a corkscrew. The supports on the old corkscrews and for the old loops like Lochness look really cool. I appreciate Python for being a classic historic piece. I could imagine the joy of patrons when the corkscrews and early loops were revolutionary. The coasters have jumped leaps in development and execution that make us more easy to dismiss our classic pieces. Python - Thank you for your service. It was hard to ride, but I'm glad I got the credit.

Certainly didnt take much care in its removal. I assume it is headed to a local scrap yard. Something like $10 a ton. It looks like either they used a metal bucket that will cut through the tubes and possibly they are torching. Looks like a machine just clamped on and snaped the track in half.

Oh well. Wish I could have gotten a better look but the construction fences they have are huge and cant see over them..

I rode that ride last summer, let me tell you its fun to look at but it sucked. I mean all old corkscrew models are fun to look at and some are nice to ride but this was just well.........sub par would be nice.

Its never a good sign when the station is empty and no one, I mean no one wants to re-ride.

I rode that ride last summer, let me tell you its fun to look at but it sucked. I mean all old corkscrew models are fun to look at and some are nice to ride but this was just well.........sub par would be nice.

Its never a good sign when the station is empty and no one, I mean no one wants to re-ride.

Its not that the ride sucked at all! I rode it in October and found it to still be very smooth! Its just not a popular or signature ride anymore! Its well over 20 years old! It was just time for the poor Python to be put to sleep. It served its days well and opened the doors to many new and exciting coasters!

Godspeed old friend, I still miss the "Arrow Air". (Overuse intentional)

Ah, I remember the first time I rode it back in May 2000. My friends and I rode it, got a good sized headache from it, and my dad who was a chaperone bought us some ice cream from Python Soft Serve (that tasted good). Hard to believe it was six years ago.

Ouch...

Busch should be ashamed of themselves by tearing down one of the all time classics in coaster history. I am really going to miss this ride. This ride even inflicted a little pain, which in my opinion is a good thing. Also, Sheikra had better not be getting floorless trains. I really enjoy the luxury of sitting up front and being able to put my feet on the floor.

No I don't know what will be taking Python's place. I don't care.

Thank you!!

Busch should be ashamed of themselves by tearing down one of the all time classics in coaster history. I am really going to miss this ride. This ride even inflicted a little pain, which in my opinion is a good thing. Also, Sheikra had better not be getting floorless trains. I really enjoy the luxury of sitting up front and being able to put my feet on the floor.

No I don't know what will be taking Python's place. I don't care.

Thank you!!

Yeah, how dare a theme park get rid of a 20+ year old attraction to try and update the park and attract more/newer guests. What the heck are they thinking?

As for Python being gone, the only thing that comes to mind is Na Na Na Na, Hey Hey Hey, Goodbye.