Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

P. 969 - Lone Star Revolution Announced for 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
FIRE HAIRED BOY

Postby krazekiddd » Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:31 am

This was in the Star-Telegram. Doesn't mean anything, but interesting reading.

Star-Telegram

Signs point to big top coming to Six FlagsBy Barry Shlachter, Maria Perotin and Jim Fuquay
Star-Telegram Staff Writers
\Is the circus coming to Six Flags Over Texas?

The Arlington theme park has sent out a holographic image of a bare-chested acrobat with purple leotard pants suspended from a crescent moon as part of an invitation to a news conference scheduled for 11 a.m. today.

While Six Flags officials declined to reveal details of the announcement after Arlington Mayor Robert Cluck excitedly told a room full of local business people about a “huge” deal at the park last week, a quick Internet search turned up an image of an acrobat in a similar flying pose (this time in yellow tights) performing in a Cirque Productions show.

Based in Pompano Beach, Fla., Cirque Productions creates “European, theatrical and cirque-style shows for corporate events, theatres and tours,” according to its Web site. Its Cirque Dreams show performed in Bass Hall last year, and the company opened a year-round permanent show in Branson, Mo., in 2004 called Cirque Branson.

And the company seems to be developing one of these shows for Six Flags’ 2007 operating season.

After reporters Andrea Ahles and Andrea Jares talked with several officials at Cirque Productions and elsewhere, the company said any questions about its new production with Six Flags needed to be answered by Six Flags spokeswoman Sandra Daniels.

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby jmccalip » Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:31 am

Haha, maybe it was just saying they thrilled you last year, and this year will be no different(as in no ride). :|

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby Jive » Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:24 am

I big circus could be fun. I wonder what the inside of a tent is going to feel like in August though.

Postby jmccalip » Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:31 am

Jive wrote:I big circus could be fun. .

You're kidding, right...?

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

New Cirque Show for SFOT in 2007

Postby coaster1 » Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:13 am

Official Release:

Cirque Productions Dreams Up a World of Fantasy and Lights For Six Flags Over Texas Guests In A New World-Class Show To Debut In 2007

"Coobrila” Highlights Park's "Cooler, Brighter, Later" Experience

(Arlington, TX) On the heels of its 45th anniversary season, Six Flags Over Texas today announced its plan to unveil a world-class spectacle of lights, sounds, imagery and unprecedented showmanship in an original production to debut in June 2007 exclusively at Six Flags Over Texas. Next summer, Six Flags Over Texas guests will be amazed, mesmerized and electrified by the park's new stage extravaganza, Cirque Dreams Coobrila!

"Cirque Dreams Coobrila will be like no other show we’ve ever presented at Six Flags Over Texas," said Steve Calloway, vice president and general manager of the company's flagship park. "This is exactly the kind of world-class entertainment our guests have been looking for — an escape that will transport them to another place and time. It will, quite simply, take their breath away!"

Cirque Dreams Coobrila will come to life in the 10,000-seat Music Mill Amphitheatre under the sultry Texas nighttime sky. The theater will be completely transformed and reconfigured with multiple stages and performance runways designed to connect the performers with the audience in an intimate and totally engaging experience. High above the theatre, an elaborate truss structure will accommodate special effects, brilliant illuminations and amazing displays of aerial artistry.

The word "Coobrila" was created by combining three key descriptive elements of the show — the outdoor performances will be presented at night when temperatures are COOler...illumination effects throughout the park BRIghter…and park operating hours LAter to maximize guest enjoyment. These elements also fuel the three principal characters of this new Cirque Dreams attraction.

"Cirque Dreams Coobrila is a fantastical journey into a world of imagination," said Neil Goldberg, producer and artistic director of Cirque Productions. "In the Coobrila dream, three personalities reign supreme…the 'cooler', the 'brighter' and the 'later'. When aligned under the light of a bright new moon, their inventive antics and acrobatic adventures will unfold to inspire, entertain and amaze audiences, bringing them to their feet, cheering and chanting 'Coobrila, Coobrila!'”

An international cast will perform this original production and showcase their diverse talents along with Cirque Productions' signature style of wildly bizarre and creative costumes, original music and unlimited imagination, all blended together to create the world of Cirque Dreams Coobrila, presented exclusively at Six Flags Over Texas!

Later Park Hours means Late Nights @ Six Flags

To complement the Cooler, Brighter, Later elements of Cirque Dreams Coobrila, from June 16 – August 19, Six Flags Over Texas will remain open until 11 p.m. Late Nights @ Six Flags will beckon park guests to escape from the humdrum of everyday life and discover a world of light under the moon! During the evening hours, the park will be filled with illuminated characters and a pulsating energy. Three uniquely different high-energy bands and nine performance groups will take to the streets and various stages of the park creating an all-out party atmosphere for families, teens, tweens and even senior citizens to enjoy.

"Once the sun sets, we're going to completely 'amp up' the wow factor," said Bruce Mather, Six Flags Over Texas entertainment and special events manager. "We're going to literally 'light up the night' with lasers, sky trackers and thousands of twinkling lights all over the park. Look one direction and you might see jugglers; turn in another direction and there could be street dancers; another, an alternative rock band. Even the uniforms of our park hosts and hostesses will have an illuminated element. This will truly be a different park after dark."

The Six Flags Over Texas nightly parade will kick off the Late Nights @ Six Flags event each evening featuring park performers, elaborate floats, the Justice League of America Superheroes and, of course, Bugs Bunny and Friends.

With the debut of Cirque Dreams Coobrila and Late Night @ Six Flags, the summer of 2007 promises to be a summer like no other!

Video Too:
http://streams.sixflags.com/Video/Nov10 ... ams_56.wmv

I'm the gyro!

Postby DerekRx » Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:24 am

Woohoo! And here I thought I'd have to try to cram in a trip to Texas again in 2007. Pfffew! That was a close one! Let's watch SFOTs attendance go thru the roof next year! :roll:
All clear....

Dispatch, enjoy your ride.

Derek

Postby jmccalip » Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:26 am

Lame. ::x

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:26 am

Official Announcement here:
http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/vi ... hp?t=30884

--Robb "Thread closed!" Alvey

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:35 am

Well, that sure makes more sense based on the guy flying from the moon Teaser Card than anything else.

Nothing against the 'Texas GP' but I really don't see this as a great idea for the park.

At the same time, it is good I guess to see Shapiro sticking to his vision, but let's be honest, is Six Flags really where you expect to see a Cirque show?

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby Primogen18 » Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:38 am

well they have a point when they say it adds extra hours to the day and what not, and the nighttime party atmosphere thing really sounds like a cool idea. Im sure itll be a big hit even if some of us may label it lame. I was thinking this would be a new ride or something as well, but this seems like a better improvement.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!