Walt Disney World Epcot Discussion Thread

P. 269 - Epcot is getting a makeover!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby razoredge » Thu Mar 10, 2005 6:37 am

I hope they do something good with the 20k site. That was my favourite ride :(

Elissa's Mom!

Walt Disney World Epcot Discussion Thread

Postby neverride » Tue May 03, 2005 5:34 pm

Visited Epcot today and rode " Soarin" The entrance is in the old Land Pavilion downstairs . The line said 1 hour 45 min. wait and the fast pass machines were not yet working. The ride op said to go on the stand by line which we did and there was only a few minute wait which was mostly taken up by the tunnel like long, long entrance pathway. The ride officially opens on Thursday but we were told but it is already very popular and said to be the new favorite at EPCOT. They were doing something while we were riding and there seemed to be some kind of fuzzy thing or dirt on the projected image on the IMAX like screen. Hopefully they were fixing it. I'm sure that this ride is very tame for most coaster types but It is very smooth and a great family attraction. There was some kind of height limit for the ride but then they said that smaller guests should put the seatbelt through the plastic strap between your legs- like a baby carseat- I guess small kids or the mentally challenged could fall out if not supervised. No adrenaline rush but people are going to like this ride and even Elissa's mum can ride it...............
Last edited by jedimaster1227 on Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:08 pm.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Tue May 03, 2005 5:55 pm

I am so mad at you guys for going to Disney without me!!!!

Elissa "glad you had fun!" Alvey

Me is Smart

Postby Coasters 4 ever » Tue May 03, 2005 6:02 pm

^It was only one trip. I bet you go to Disney like 3 times a year!

What's with the donkeys anyway?

Re: Soarin over CA in FL at Epcot

Postby BoardwalkandBaseball4Ever » Thu May 05, 2005 4:57 am

neverride wrote: No adrenaline rush but people are going to like this ride and even Elissa's mum can ride it...............

Well, I rode it in a preview, too. I found it a bit boring honestly. The "bouncing theater" attractions have never really impressed me -- although soarin' is probably one of the better ones. Still, it seems like a cheap-o attraction for Disney -- especially since the film itself is all from Disneyland California.

I was disappointed with it. This is the best Epcot can do? A recycled Disneyland attraction? One that doesn't even really fit in with the Land pavilion at all.... The theme of Soarin' would have worked so much better in the defunct World of Motion pavilion!

Heck, the new renovations on The Land are such a hodge-podge -- it now looks tacky. At least the old look of the pavilion (while dated) actually matched its surroundings... I can't believe they kept the hot air balloons mixed with the weird retro theme. Just a strange mix.

Disco Stu doesn't advertise!

Postby stew560 » Thu May 05, 2005 6:52 am

BoardwalkandBaseball4Ever wrote:I was disappointed with it. This is the best Epcot can do? A recycled Disneyland attraction? One that doesn't even really fit in with the Land pavilion at all.... The theme of Soarin' would have worked so much better in the defunct World of Motion pavilion!

Didn't you see the commercial? Mickey and Goofy and Donald were wishing for attractions from other parks...

I really don't like that they presented it that way in a national advertising campaign. How many people would honestly know that the new rides were just copies from other parks?

Do you know where your wife is?

Postby PhishyBrewer » Thu May 05, 2005 9:33 am

I wonder on how people will respond to riding Soar'n, and seeing beautiful California? Makes me kind of nervous. California is packed with people already. That's it, I'm calling Arnold. CLOSE THE BOARDERS!!!!!!!!!

Where's Davis when you need him? :wink:

WDW's Newest Tigger

Postby RCTfan » Fri May 06, 2005 5:44 pm

I happen to love Soarin'. I think its a GREAT attraction. The line is quite awesome too. Fastpasses are up and running now, no worries. People seem to love that ride. I ask people in Turtle Talk how they liked it, and Soarin' is a popular answer as of lately.

Yesterday we had a big celebration for it. It was SO much fun. There were celebrities and booze. Not for me of course. I stood outside of Living Seas for the most part and got to see people. I only saw Ashanti and the Soarin' Pre-show guy. I saw Carlton from Fresh Prince today at the Grand Floridian. Sweet.

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby JT3000 » Fri May 06, 2005 7:21 pm

stew560 wrote:
BoardwalkandBaseball4Ever wrote:I was disappointed with it. This is the best Epcot can do? A recycled Disneyland attraction? One that doesn't even really fit in with the Land pavilion at all.... The theme of Soarin' would have worked so much better in the defunct World of Motion pavilion!

Didn't you see the commercial? Mickey and Goofy and Donald were wishing for attractions from other parks...

I really don't like that they presented it that way in a national advertising campaign. How many people would honestly know that the new rides were just copies from other parks?

I haven't seen those commercials being aired here, actually.

The Resident Smart-Ass

4 Year Old Child dies after passing out on Mission:SPACE

Postby CoasterFanatic » Tue Jun 14, 2005 6:28 am

http://www.magicalmountain.net/WDWNewsDetail.asp?page=1&NewsID=861

(All Headline News) A 4-year-old boy on a family vacation died Monday afternoon after he passed out on a ride at Disney's Epcot Theme Park.
Disney officials reported that the incident happened around 3:30 p.m. on the Mission: SPACE ride. The ride simulates a launch into space by exerting g-forces on occupants.

According to reports, the child passed out on the ride and paramedics responded. Witnesses reported seeing the boy's mother carry him outside to a nearby bench, where paramedics were able to briefly revive him - the boy died on the way to the hospital.

The ride was closed for the rest of the day. Officials have not made a statment on when the ride will reopen or how long they plan to keep it closed. The ride, Mission: SPACE, opened in October 2003.

The ride has a minimum height requirement of 44 inches. The local sheriff's department said the boy met the height restriction.

The boy was on vacation from Pennsylvania with his family.

Disney released a statement saying, "We are providing support to the family and doing everything we can help them at this time."

There is still speculation on what directly caused the child's death.
Ted

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!