Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT BGA Discussion Thread)

P. 807: Tigris track installation now complete!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 8 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
BANNED FOR BEING A DICK

Postby munkyknum » Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:30 pm

Not only do I live in Florida, I live in the Tampa Bay area. I go to Busch probably once a month and I've ridden Python 3 times since I got my passport when I was 16. I'm now 21.

I understand the nostalgia factor, but honestly, who is going to miss it? Not me and 95% of the people I know. The Python has just become and overlooked area on the way from Sheikra and Kumba.

Text me about my Delorean - (559) 940-3525

Postby Ryan King » Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:43 pm

Ok,

So I rode it, Enjoyed it very much!

Im glad I got my credit in! Its really not going to be a sad or missed coaster! Its practically a walk on! 2 corckscrews...end ride! They will put something MUCH more entertaining in there im sure!

And since this is the only corkscrew coaster in Florida, it might have the chance of being relocated...

To Fresno?

-Ryan

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:50 pm

^I wouldn't count on something better for us 'coaster people'. I think it's been speculated that it would be either an animal or kid (same difference no?) area.

Personally I think a Huss Land of the Giant Flat Ride area is what the park needs, but I'm not expecting it!

Donkey eat mullet pump.

Postby Johnny Upsidedown » Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:43 am

http://www.sptimes.com/2006/10/28/Busin ... arde.shtml
The latest.

TAMPA - The Python - touted as Florida's first looping steel roller coaster - will be quietly retired in a few days and dismantled, ending a 30-year run at Busch Gardens. The black-and-yellow double corkscrew will disappear behind a construction wall when the theme park closes Tuesday.

"It will not run again," said Gerard Hoeppner, park spokesman, confirming a Times report a month ago when the park took out a demolition permit for the area around the Python. "It will be replaced by an experience you won't find anywhere else, but it's going to be 2008 before the construction fences come down. This will be the biggest expansion of an area of the park we have ever done."

The Python opened as a thrill ride, but in today's can-you-top-this environment, it's considered by most coaster fanatics a tame ride down memory lane. Many coaster enthusiasts were introduced to the genre from the Python.

The ride provided enough lift to Busch attendance that the park built six more coasters, if you count Gwazi's twin mirror-image wooden tracks as two coasters.

The Python's unceremonious end comes as Busch begins an overhaul of the Congo area that includes its Claw Island white Tiger exhibit.

After renovating five other African-themed activity centers in the park as well as the parking lots and front gate, Busch officials made it clear the Congo was next for an upgrade . But they've been secretive about what's coming beyond new state-of-art habitats for the tigers and an orangutan displaced by SheiKra, Busch Gardens latest thrill ride.
Johnny Roller Coaster Website with Roller coaster related: events, trip reports and construction photos. http://www.Johnnyupsidedown.com
Manta Construction http://www.johnnyupsidedown.com/manta.html

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby Mark Rosenzweig » Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:45 am

SharkTums wrote:^I wouldn't count on something better for us 'coaster people'. I think it's been speculated that it would be either an animal or kid (same difference no?) area.

Personally I think a Huss Land of the Giant Flat Ride area is what the park needs, but I'm not expecting it!

A Giant Frisbee would make for an ideal anchor, but how about some kind of dark ride? It didn't hit me until my visit this past September how little the park has in the way of indoor attractions. In a rainy climate like Florida, it amazes me that the park has gone on like this for so many years!

-Mark

Keeper Of The Carnivorous Bees!

Postby Meteornotes » Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:58 pm

There is one obvious choice for what needs to go into this space:

A theater for daily showings of Control-Alt-Deceased.

dt
Always trying to keep YOU entertained! Now with more Ice Bat!
The world would be a better place if Dave programmed our iPods - Derwood

Now with Extra Retarded Flavor

Postby Guy T. Koepp » Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:08 pm

^ :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Say no more!

Python will be missed. It is a fun Arrow ride. I'm glad I was able to pay my respects last week. :cry: :cry:

Non-German Tom

Postby Shockwave » Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:10 pm

I didn't think it was that bad! Certainly didn't beat the crap outta me like a lot of people say. It wasn't smooth by any means, but I've been on a lot worse rides.

But it's had its day, time to put it to rest now.

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:13 pm

Its worse than an SLC. Lets just say that... My ears still hurt from my ride three weeks ago! :cry:

Now with Extra Retarded Flavor

Postby Guy T. Koepp » Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:28 pm

I don't have a problem woth Arrow restraints as I am fairly tall and they don't bash my head around. I will miss it. :cry: :cry:

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!