TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Alton Towers Discussion Thread

p. 235: Nemesis Reborn announced for Spring 2024!

Depends where you live.

In Florida, you might find a few people who know about Superman, but beyond that they've never heard of a flying coaster.

Most people don't really think about these things. They just hear about things third hand, and might only recollect a little.

So for people who live near a park, that's the most famous coaster of whatever type you're looking at. Most probably don't even think that other parks might have 'em too.

And if it's a type that's not found very near where you live (like my Superman example. Or to me more extreme, Floridian knowledge of 4D coasters) -- you might find a few who know about it. But they couldn't tell you much of anything in detail. And most just wouldn't know what the hell you were talking about.

Depends where you live.

In Florida, you might find a few people who know about Superman, but beyond that they've never heard of a flying coaster.

Most people don't really think about these things. They just hear about things third hand, and might only recollect a little.

So for people who live near a park, that's the most famous coaster of whatever type you're looking at. Most probably don't even think that other parks might have 'em too.

And if it's a type that's not found very near where you live (like my Superman example. Or to me more extreme, Floridian knowledge of 4D coasters) -- you might find a few who know about it. But they couldn't tell you much of anything in detail. And most just wouldn't know what the hell you were talking about.

you have totally right becuase for five years ago i did'nt know what Millennium Force was.

In my opinion, Tatsu, hands down. Especially since X is closed...all of those people trying to get on X say, okay, since we can't get to X, let's go to Tatsu, making the line REALLY long, like down the hill, and that was on a sunday and a thursday when I was there....I dont know too much about Air anyway, so I can't say for sure.

In my opinion, Tatsu, hands down. Especially since X is closed...all of those people trying to get on X say, okay, since we can't get to X, let's go to Tatsu, making the line REALLY long, like down the hill, and that was on a sunday and a thursday when I was there....I dont know too much about Air anyway, so I can't say for sure.

What does X being closed have to do with Tatsu being more known world-wide than Air?

Air is also different from the other flyers: it is the only flyer that has some track where you lay on your back instead of the usual flying position (yes I know that that's also the case in those pretzel loops but I mean laying on your back for a longer period then 2 sec. or so).

air4.jpg.ba9673a0f738b1a80a4bb2b9007fe558.jpg

This is what I mean with laying on your back

Air is also different from the other flyers: it is the only flyer that has some track where you lay on your back instead of the usual flying position (yes I know that that's also the case in those pretzel loops but I mean laying on your back for a longer period then 2 sec. or so).

You've obviously have never heard of BORG Assimilator, X-Flight, and Batwing.

See...thats a valid point. On AIR you do spend MORE time on your back then you do in the "Flying Position". I personally have had the privledge to ride AIR, And I didnt much care for the whole on your back experience. I guess its the whole going through inversions on your back deal. BUT...I perfer Tatsu Over AIR because Tatsu IS A Flying Coaster...You are more in the Flying Position, unlike AIR. Just my personal opinion...

-Ryan

You've obviously have never heard of BORG Assimilator, X-Flight, and Batwing.

This thread basically discusses wether Air or Tatsu is the best, so my statement applies to those 2 only.

^ Hummm...sounds like someone knows something...

It does. But 118 feet tall? I'm thinking seventy feet at the most, with alot of terrain utilization, and like a 100 foot or so first drop into the valley, or maybe a 60 foot or so first drop, then a helix or airtime hill, then a big drop into the valley

Do you think scaled down size could equal:

Length: 3510' 6"

Height: 118' 1"

Inversions: 0

Speed: 55.9 mph

Duration: 2:08

Max Vertical Angle: 70 Degrees

???????

That sounds about right for a woodie for me!

Yeah, i believe Bald0r is on the plans

I honestly can't see it going through, not so long as the ropers live anywhere near the place.