Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

P. 1207: $5.5 million in investments planned for 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:30 pm

Since we're all enthusiasts, I changed the toilet to a food related bowl!

Hope this makes you cringe less Paula!

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby Jive » Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:41 pm

Dang! I like the old name.

The descent into the bowl looks like a doozy (not to be rymed with twozy). ;)

Yummy! I just ate donkey!

Postby spaminacan11 » Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:04 pm

I have been on one of those candy bowl slides before. The Revolution at Waterworld in Denver. That is, if I am correct, what Elissa is talking about. I thought it was kind of boring myself. It wasn't a bad ride, but it wasn't worth the 30 minutes I waited for it...

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Location: Christiansburg, Virginia. Closest theme park is......more than 2 hours away...

Postby Footballteen58 » Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:15 am

Ah a Proslide Mammothbowl. Im gonna sound stupid but I didnt know that Tilt a Whirls were made anymore Carowinds should get one.

That Conceited Jerk

Postby Calaway Park » Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:48 am

West Edmonton Mall has a "Candy Bowl" type slide indoors, but its a body slide, no mat.

THis one looks like tonnes of fun.

And also, Tilt-A-Whirls are one of my favorite flats :)

Flight of James: Ride of Steel the Revenge

Postby jamesdillaman » Sat Sep 09, 2006 3:50 pm

Paula, I can understand how you must feel. I've been going to this park for years (Ever since Raven opened) and am simply amazed at the growth in this time period. I don't know how you manage to keep the atmosphere of a small park when in my book HW is fastly becoming one of the major themeparks in the midwest. Even some of my non-coaster loving friends have even heard of it on television and have been asking me about it. I do agree you should pass the word along for a nice carousel ;) ;) ;) I'm sure many people would say build a steel coaster, blah blah blah, but with the family atmosphere of the park, I think a carousel would be great. I am not a "fanboy" but I regard myself as a fan of the park, and it warrants at least a visit per season from my friends and I.

-James "Can't wait to ride the Turkeywhirl!" Dillaman

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Calvin » Sat Sep 09, 2006 4:01 pm

I'm really looking forward to how the Tilt turns out.

Site Admin

Holiday World tops One Million in attendance

Postby robbalvey » Sun Oct 08, 2006 3:11 pm

This just in from Holiday World:

SANTA CLAUS, IN-----For the first time in its 60-year history, Holiday World today exceeded one-million visitors in a single season.

“It took us till the final day of the season, but we did it!” says park president Will Koch. “This is quite a milestone. We’re very grateful to all the families who came to visit this season.”

With a final count of 1,005,000 Guests, this is the first year Holiday World & Splashin' Safari ended the season with attendance figures topping the one-million mark. Koch credits the season’s 15-percent growth to the addition of The Voyage roller coaster along with continued concentration on cleanliness and friendliness.

“So much of the credit goes to the incredible service and hospitality provided by our outstanding Hosts and Hostesses,” Koch says. “It doesn’t matter how great your rides are if the employees are rude and the bathrooms are filthy. We are very appreciative of our hard-working staff.”

In August, Holiday World & Splashin' Safari were awarded four coveted “Golden Ticket Awards” from Amusement Today magazine. The publication’s readers, who are well-traveled park enthusiasts from around the world, voted the southern Indiana parks the world’s #1 Friendliest and #1 Cleanest again this year. The “Best New Ride” award went to The Voyage, which was also ranked the #2 Wooden Coaster, and the “Best New WaterPark Ride” designation was given to the new Bahari River in Splashin' Safari.

Koch says the parks’ strong growth pattern should continue next year with the addition of Bakuli family water slide and Turkey Whirl, a new themed tilt-a-whirl. The $4.5 million expansion is expected to increase attendance by another five percent and create an additional 50 seasonal jobs in 2007.

Holiday World, the world’s first theme park, will open its 61st season on May 5, 2007. For more information about the parks’ news rides plus discounts for 2007 Season Passes, visit www.holidayworld.com or call 1-877-Go-Family.

TPR's Movie Freak

Postby knottslover77 » Sun Oct 08, 2006 3:16 pm

That's great for them, I knew this happen.

--Jay
I Love Brent <3, GhostRider is my #1 Coaster
total coasters:74

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby Gnome » Sun Oct 08, 2006 3:18 pm

“So much of the credit goes to the incredible service and hospitality provided by our outstanding Hosts and Hostesses,” Koch says. “It doesn’t matter how great your rides are if the employees are rude and the bathrooms are filthy. We are very appreciative of our hard-working staff.”

Isn't that the truth. *Looking right at you SFMM*
Anyways, congratulations to the management at HW on meeting thier goals. They have a better attendance then some CF and SF parks. :Pr

Note: Please spell check your posts. The Google toolbar has a GREAT spell checker tool for forums.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!