TR Preview Photos: Tokyo Disney Resort, Spaland, and MORE!

Just f***ing beautifal...
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

TR Preview Photos: Tokyo Disney Resort, Spaland, and MORE!

Postby kayoss » Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:00 am

:lmao:

I'm still on vacation so this one will be brief. I've taken over 1000 photos of TDR, and plan to update my blog with 100 or so of them every night (http://web.mac.com/okwhatev/iWeb/disneysea). Anyhow, I just got back from Nagashima Spaland today, and plan to do FujiQ, Yomuriland, Universal, Parque Espania and more before I'm gone. Steel Dragon 2000 was absoutely awesome, and in general I was *REALLY* impressed with Spaland!!! The place was SPOTLESS, newly repainted, and all coasters were working. More later, but I have to say I had a great time...

No other words... we all know Tokyo Disney Resort is pretty incredible. Here's just some preview photos I took from my trip (which I'm still on). Hope you enjoy!
HPIM3088.jpg
*gasp*
HPIM3023.jpg
amazing
HPIM3028.jpg
I mean...
HPIM3031.jpg
Holy crap!!!
HPIM3036.jpg
!!!
HPIM3072.jpg
your jaw hurts from constantly hitting the pavement in this place...
HPIM3079.jpg
whales on lithium...
HPIM3103.jpg
beautifal
HPIM3091.jpg
better then the real thing...
HPIM3136.jpg
Stormrider is (imo) the best Simulator ever, but it still is just a simulator... however the in-building effects (a much more elaborate take on the Armageddon crushing room stuff from Disney Studios Paris) makes it really fun in my book...
HPIM3152.jpg
Unquestionably the most beautifal theme park on earth...
HPIM3193_2.jpg
I mean.... there's a freakin' volcano!!!
HPIM3196.jpg
non-pixar cars!!!
HPIM3302.jpg
non-crushable castles!
HPIM3475.jpg
mega super-sized Splash Mountain!!!
HPIM3497.jpg
by far the most elaborate version of the ride...
HPIM3541.jpg
OMFG how insane is this park!?
HPIM3551.jpg
the entrance to my hotel, Disney's MiraCosta...
HPIM3607.jpg
TOT's elevator has seen better days... but not better theming
HPIM3642.jpg
wow...
HPIM3671.jpg
amazing detail on TOT
HPIM3699.jpg
just outstanding
HPIM3711.jpg
!!!
HPIM3714.jpg
Some 'almost Indy' stuff in the TOT line...
HPIM3778.jpg
due to the level of beauty distracting you at DisneySea, you could take a dump in your pants and probably not notice. (no, this isn't a reference to ACErs...)

Do you know where your wife is?

Postby PhishyBrewer » Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:24 am

LOVE the TOT photos! Do you anymore to share? Thanks for posting!

Good to the last drop

Postby ECZenith » Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:30 am

TDS never ceases to amaze me. Awesome photos! Then again it's kind of hard to take a ba dphoto at this place. ;)
-Sean C.

FORMER DISNEYLAND ATTRACTION OP

I saw, went and conquered Steel Dragon 2000. It's still crap!

Postby wrebbit » Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:38 am

Wow ToT just looks amazing :shockr: . Your photo's are also very good

Can't wait for the Nagashima Spa Land photo's, esspacialy now you've said you were impressed with it :) That right up my alley :lolr:
:evil: Incurring the wraith of the title fairy :evil:

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby CoasterCrazy » Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:41 am

Thanks for posting the Awesome pictures!!! =)

My That's A Big Drink!

Postby rollermonkey » Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:05 am

I'm glad you're having a good time here in Japan! I find your itinerary order a little odd, but however you make it work!

Agreed, fantastic pictures, but as has been said before, TDS is a beautiful park!

Postby kayoss » Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:03 pm

rollermonkey wrote:I'm glad you're having a good time here in Japan! I find your itinerary order a little odd, but however you make it work!

Agreed, fantastic pictures, but as has been said before, TDS is a beautiful park!

I really wanted to see the area near Spaland, and honestly it's only 3 hours from Shiodome (via bullet train) which travels a route I had never seen before (which was BEAUTIFAL). From now until Friday, I'm checking out the rest of the Tokyo area parks (including hitting DisneySea after 6PM two more times) before heading off to Osaka area for the remaining Nagoya/Oaska area parks through Tuesday (then off to Hawaii)

MUCH more photos soon!

Postby kayoss » Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:14 pm

rollermonkey wrote:Agreed, fantastic pictures, but as has been said before, TDS is a beautiful park!

Thanks so much! I try, anyhow... :)

I made a special point to have my TDR photos be of things I've never seen online before. There's a billion photos of the Volcano but like none of some of the (equally) impressive other regions. I think you all will be surprised when I post them...

Being that I took so many photos.... there's only so many I can post here without taking too much of my valuable trip time, which is why I've created a photo blog specifically so I can add 100 or so photos each day for the rest of the month, using the 'click and upload' instant photo page feature built into my MacBook.

For example... I just added over 80 photos of just Arabian Coast (for today's blog) and tomorrow's blog calls for my photo essay of Fortress Explorations. I've shot of 3 hours of video too (including ridethroughs), some of which came out VERY well.... and others that will need attention.

So..... after each photo update here, even more will be available at my blog just to save time during my trip. Thanks everyone for your comments.... and keep 'em coming! (any specific requests should be done NOW since I plan on going back to both Spaland and TDR to reshoot a couple things.

Oh yeah, the address for my photoblog is:

http://web.mac.com/okwhatev/iWeb/disneysea

Postby kayoss » Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:15 pm

PhishyBrewer wrote:LOVE the TOT photos! Do you anymore to share? Thanks for posting!

How's 383 of them? :)

I have to edit/color correct a few... but I'll get 'em up here... along with extensive video.

Postby kayoss » Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:40 am

Per request, my Tower of Terror photos (including the exterior, interior, surrounding area, and fantastic gift shop) are now available to view on my latest blog. There's so many photos there that I had to split the gallerys into two parts!! They both should be up now, so enjoy! Be sure to leave your comments so I know what you all think!

http://web.mac.com/okwhatev/iWeb/disneysea

Next

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive