TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 467: Loch Ness Monster Update Tour

^^^That photo (yes photo is spelled with a "ph") looks great. Let's hope the real thing looks as good as the mock-up. This coaster is most likely going to be my first dive machine, as I have almost decided that this will be one park I have to drive to next year, with a stop at Dollywood on the way home maybe. Bravo, Busch Gardens, and thank you.

-James "It could have been a kiddie coaster " Dillaman

Here's a few fresh pics for you fans of holes, rebar, and blue metallic cylinders.

1711563476_Griffon3.JPG.8c964cad199f3ecc5a35e6028b3c7daa.JPG

Another shot from the train--look at them purty blue pieces on the right.

797165037_Griffon2.JPG.1d97219011d2950de0943e75205ef0cd.JPG

The Griffon site from the train--the ornage netting is for your safety, of course.

1633467693_Griffon1.JPG.fd830e4a5a7602a9ccf89470559d7248.JPG

Mmm--rebar! Piles of rebar! And black pipes! Oo-o-o-o . . .

I cant wait to ride Griffon May 12th is the day I go over the edge. And April 14th is the day I dont see light at the end of the tunnel.

You better pray it is open by May 12th!

I am kinda disapointed how very slow construction is going.

I remember BGW closing day in 1998 (Halloween) they had Apollo's Brake run, transfer, station, lift and most of the footers done.

Scroll to bottom

http://www.themeparkreview.com/photos/bgw/apollo.htm

I am thinking Memorial day Weekend (but hoping ASAP)

Hey Chuck, did you see any track or supports?

JEFF

^Jeff, the blue cylinders were the only "possible" pieces I noticed, but that doesn't mean that they aren't stashed somewhere nearby out of guests' view.

No, those are not Griffon pieces. They are water pipes for draingae or possibly for the splash pool area.

I will check it out Friday

JEFF

/\ Most likely they will use a standard floorless system for the parts around the wheel assemblies, and possibly the use of a rising floor for the outer seat area. So most likely a 4 way rising floor. I dont know for sure just a best guess.

I will be going next month for a view of the construction.

????

Which side of the train should I sit on for the best photos and view of the construction site..

Thanks,

Its doubtfull that vertical construction will be in the process but figured had to at least try to get some construction photos.

Anybody remember where they stored the track for AC or ALPie during the construction process.. I just wonder ir the track has been seen yet. Maybe its still in the production process.

As for construction I would think that track work wont start for another couple months. With out a tunnel and with the park closing at the end of Oct. I would figure construction will take off in Nov. Sheikras main track work didnt get going until Dec. but that is with the tunnel.

Oh well, wish I had some conections with BGE to make a winter construction trip for photos. Hopefully BGE will give us lots of updates on there site but dougbtfull as BGA did with SHeikra with very limited photos.

Alpengeist & DF's track was kept in the Employee parking lot. (I assume this is where Griffon's will go too)

Which is virtually impossible for the gp to see except from the very top of Alpengeists lift.

Apollo's track was kept right there in the Germany Lot with no gates or anything. I took a few pics in 1998.

That was one Nice thing about AC, it was right there by rt. 60 so construction pics were easy. I have only seen one construction pic of Alpengeist taken from a helicopter.

JEFF

APOLLO2.JPG.5f0fff7e041a19ebdca78f845b74dd32.JPG

Yo, help me put this in my truck =)

APOLLO1.JPG.aad53248f1461e7360f3e6a1104ddc61.JPG

Park right next to it!