TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Lagoon Discussion Thread

I remember someone saying in the other thread that it could possibly be industrial themed, maybe that's what they're going for.

But it doesn't even look like they poured footers, just shoved the poles into the parking lot.

Lagoon was built on a swamp so they have to go very deep to get bedrock. The rusty looking pipes are supports from the station and possably the scenery. The parking lot wont be torn up. I don't know weather its part of the scenery but parking lot seems to fit in with the industrial theme. Roller coaster supports are supposed to go up on Sep. 16. A saturday. It makes me think that is when they will release more information (name, stats ext.) I just hope lagoon does it right.

I hear it's going to be a Aqua Tra... oops, wrong thread.

Seriously though, it's good to see parks around the country building new coasters each year. Can't say I've heard one peep about any Six Flags park getting a new coaster next year but I'll let them slide this time with all their debt woes.

Is Lagoon losing the mouse for this coaster? I saw in the latest issue of Amusement Today that a mouse fitting Lagoon's description was up for sale. Anyone know anything about this?

--Robb

Not that I know of. It will go from the tennis buildings in the south and almost to Roller Coaster.

Lagoon isn't going to be selling thier Wild Mouse. They just got it in 1998. Lagoon is family owned, so they're pretty stingy with spending money. They wouldn't just buy a coaster then almost 10 years later sell it. They'd also have to move Colossus too if the new coaster was going to cause Wild Mouse to be torn down. Since Colossus is the only looping coaster Lagoon has, they wouldn't dare touch it.

Mike 8)

Lagoon isn't going to be selling thier Wild Mouse. They just got it in 1998. Lagoon is family owned, so they're pretty stingy with spending money. They wouldn't just buy a coaster then almost 10 years later sell it. They'd also have to move Colossus too if the new coaster was going to cause Wild Mouse to be torn down. Since Colossus is the only looping coaster Lagoon has, they wouldn't dare touch it.

Mike 8)

Lots of parks sell coasters after only having them for a few years. SFMM got rid of the Bobsleds and Shock Wave after only just a few short years. Busch Gardens moved their mouse after 7 years, WildWood moves around coasters all the time. It's not unheard of.

The Wild Moues that Lagoon has is a portable version of the ride, and when we saw this ad in Amusement Today, especially with the ride being available after September (after Lagoon's season ends) we thought it *might* be a *possibility* that they *could* be selling it.

There isn't any other "park" that has a mouse that fits this description unless it's a version owned by a traveling fair.

THAT is why I asked. But since you seem to be SO SURE about it, I guess you must be right.

--Robb

lagoon_mouse.thumb.jpg.bb2d8a53049ca54620bd39c2d67099eb.jpg

What mouse is this for sale if it's not Lagoon's version? A traveling fairs?

Interesting idea about the mouse moving. My contact at the park in the electrical department says the mouse is staying as they spent upwards of 120k this spring upgrading the power to the area, including new dedicated lines to The SPider and the Wild Mouse. Seems a waste to run a dedicated line to a ride that was potentially moving after the season.

I agree that the Spider and the Mouse are very similar, yet they both still draw really well. My hunch is that the mouse in Robb's add is not Lagoon's.

^ That's pretty much the kind of information I was looking to see if anyone had. So it sounds like it's probably a traveling fair model that's being sold, but you can understand why we thought it might have possibly been Lagoon's when we saw that ad.

--Robb

Yeah that is not Lagoons. Lagoons doesn't have the flame lights and that type of wild mouse sign. Its most likely a fairs like you said.

Just FYI - That's also not a picture of the Mouse that's actually for sale. Not sure if you get Amusement Today or not, but often times when a ride is up for sale, they use the "stock" photo from the manufacturer, not the ride itself.

--Robb

^ That's pretty much the kind of information I was looking to see if anyone had. So it sounds like it's probably a traveling fair model that's being sold, but you can understand why we thought it might have possibly been Lagoon's when we saw that ad.

--Robb

In the ad it states 8 cars. However, Lagoon's version only has a total of 5 cars, including the one on transfer.

This is what I've gathered threw visits and pictures.

New rumors are coming in that lagoon’s new 2007 coaster’s station will be the parks first real life queue house with dimensions of 62' x 124'.They could also be raising the station so the "under ground" section isn't really under ground It's just under the station. Other rumors suggest that the roller coaster wont be a parking lot theme only that the parking lot will stay under the station and everywhere else it will be torn out. So we have our fingers crossed.

• 3 weeks later...