Photo TR: shesaidboom and 307 do La Ronde, TGE, SFNE, more!!

Part 4/5: Lake Compost, days one and two, top of page four!!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby shesaidboom » Sat Sep 09, 2006 4:29 pm

shesaidboom AND 307 GO TO MONTREAL AND NEW ENGLAND IN SEARCH OF THEIR 200TH COASTERS AND A BUNCH OF OTHER CRAP!!! PART TWO OF ... THREE? FOUR? WHATEV.

When we last left our intrepid coasterites, they were driving as fast as possible away from Montreal with their middle fingers held high. As with the first day of driving, this was a day full of rain. The boarder crossing also yielded a search of the trunk for narcotics, aliens, aliens on narcotics, or Mexicans stuck in the glove compartment. Yes, those can be found by looking in the trunk. Don't ask me how. It's like a sixth sense for boarder guards.

Two hours later, the rain was still raining, but we had arrived at our next destination: The Great Escape. Jer had already been to the Great Escape in 1997, and had a lot of fun riding Comet. However this time, there were new credits to enjoy. Yay new credits.

The rain was a double-edged sword. On one side, it repelled crowds, leaving the parking lot practically empty. On the other side, many rides were closed - including three credits [all three which would've been new to Jer - *including* the bobsled, Nikki's most looked-forward-to ride at the park]. Shortly after arriving, we were told that the park would be closing. Damnit! We had but two hours at the park, and managed to ride only Comet, Boomerang, Steamin' Demon and Canyon Blaster [my only new credit]. So much for 200 on this trip for Jer. :(

Without further adieu, onto the pictures, this time - with 100% less bashing of the city!
048.jpg
This picture rocks. LOLZ.
051.jpg
Look, it's the Great Escape. Fortunately, not too many people were escaping here today. The rain, however, was.
052.jpg
Batman was scared to go out in the rain. I guess that suit isn't water-retardant. He also seemed less than happy about my "HI BATMAN. PRETTY CRAPPY WEATHER, HUH?" greeting.
054.jpg
I already had the boomerang credit, so I let Nikki ride by herself. The ride ops were quite friendly and spent most of the time attempting to get me to ride.
057.jpg
...it worked, unfortunately.
055.jpg
Boomerang brings the pain, especially since I knew I didn't *need* to be on the coaster.
056.jpg
At this point, we still had no clue what was open or closed. Thank God Boomerang wasn't our only credit.
062.jpg
Yay, a good coaster!
059.jpg
Apparently everyone else was too busy not riding Comet to ride Comet.
060.jpg
There were five or six people who just kept going on it over and over again, but otherwise, it was just us, the rain, and wood, glorious wood.
067.jpg
The rain stung Nikki's face. Hurt!
063.jpg
"No! The rain *hurt* face."
068.jpg
Some of the pictures were ruined because, well, they were being taken in the rain.
069.jpg
Nikki also liked to not put the camera in her pocket and just let it get more wet :P
070.jpg
Despite all the rumours we've heard about how the ride has been completely neutered, it was still a lot of fun and was really smooth and speedy.
071.jpg
Jer + elephant ears = the white Dumbo
072.jpg
While Nikki took pictures of Comet, Jer decided to run around and splash in puddles. It was more fun than Boomerang.
073.jpg
First one to guess what's going on in this picture gets a silver dollar. Hint: We're not making origami.
074.jpg
Nikki was deeply saddened by the lack of bobsled. She stood in front of the queue for 20 minutes with a sad puppy-dog look on her face.
076.jpg
Ever the sympathetic boyfriend, Jer immediately began taking pictures, pointing and laughing.
078.jpg
After awhile, Nikki lost all control of her emotions, and ran up to the trough, hugging it as if she'd never see it again. And she won't!
080.jpg
This snail was my broseph from back when I was reppin' west side.
085.jpg
Nikki wants to govern things, but her pencil and notepad are glued to the desk. Someone must be playing a "welcome to office" rib on her. I'm really not doing too well with captions today.
081.jpg
Jer fits in with this picture a little too well, don't you think?
082.jpg
Something we had to endure far too often at the park.
086.jpg
Holy god did this ride suck. They're going to tear down the bobsled but keep THIS?! The monsters.
084.jpg
The Princess was wandering around the park all day getting absolutely soaked. We think this picture sums up the day effectively: it's wet, has a bad Arrow in it, and the only people in the picture are park employees.
083.jpg
Omg donez. We had a lot more fun during our abbreviated two-hour, half-open park stay at the Great Escape than we did in our entire two day stay in Montreal. Take *that*, Canada.
llama.jpg
PS here's a llama

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Calvin » Sat Sep 09, 2006 4:40 pm

PHOTO TR SUMMARY: rainrainBATMANrainrainrainGONNA TEAR DOWN THE BOBSLEDSrainrainrainLLAMA

Parks are nice after it has rained, but not nice before it has rained and after it was going to rain. Parks are also nice before it has rained, and before after it was going to rain.

Glad to see that you had fun in the puddles.

I'm Skinny

Postby trustkill22 » Sat Sep 09, 2006 5:10 pm

Toronto smells bad
At least we're not Hamilton
Rancid Kraft Dinner!

Hey at least Hamilton doesnt have a bum every corner and shootings every week.

Thats a good TR and I guess most Canadians think the same about Montreal. Boy do I hate it there.

Non-German Tom

Postby Shockwave » Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:15 pm

Great trip report Nikki & Jer!

I've been a bit sick since Sunday so I've not been able to respond about the awesome haikus, and how bad the weather looked at Great Escape!

Get your crunk on!

Postby Zoltan_Kodaly » Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:50 am

Hmm this is very odd, I've only ever known Canadians that loved loved loooved to visit Montreal. Maybe you're visiting the wrong places? I guess it's also in what you're doing while visiting, and what your interests are. I've never been there, but it can't possibly be dirtier, dingier, more pretentious, or more SMELLY than TO, where every street corner smells of rotting sewage. Yum!

"Nunavut gets shaft"
My personal quip to quote
Made me laugh so hard.

And also, sorry but I just have to ask - do you work at She Said Boom? Or is the name shesaidboom related to something different and I've just asked the wierdest question ever?

Flight of James: Ride of Steel the Revenge

Postby jamesdillaman » Sat Sep 16, 2006 11:04 am

I just hope this doesn't resurrect the haiku thread Guy made from back when Tatsu was being built...

-James "Boy some of theose were ugly" Dillaman

p.s. Nice TR, and Loveland Sucks just FYI

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby shesaidboom » Sat Sep 16, 2006 11:05 am

We didn't do much in Montreal as we were really there to just go to La Ronde and were only there for a day and a half, but what we did encounter wasn't fun! Most of the people I know who love Montreal are really into the club scene, and they seem to have a blast there. Neither of us are really into that, so that could explain it. I know there's much more to do in the city than that, but I did most of it when I was younger and had the same thoughts then. I can't say I'm a huge fan of Toronto either, so I'm not going to try to say it's much better. I do know that we were extremely happy when we left Montreal though.

It's not related to the store, I didn't actually know there was a store called She Said Boom until about a month ago when someone on another message board asked me the same thing :P

We will finally get around to doing our SFNE update tonight. So more pictures soon!

Get your crunk on!

Postby Zoltan_Kodaly » Sat Sep 16, 2006 12:28 pm

^Ah, there you have it - I also hate nightlife, and the people who told me of the wonders of Montreal spoke only of the wonders of the nightlife. At least French Canada invented poutine, and complaining.

308, 309, 310 .....

Postby 307 » Sat Sep 16, 2006 3:21 pm

I actually was *at* She Said Boom a couple of days ago, and hadn't heard of it beforehand. So I was like "HOLY CRAP" when I noticed the name of it when I walked by.

So uh I guess it's pointless to tell you that I saw the store with your screen name. :( There goes my story.

308, 309, 310 .....

Postby 307 » Sat Sep 16, 2006 5:44 pm

I don't feel like putting a post at the bottom of a page - so uh bump so I can start a new one!

PreviousNext

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive