Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 1436: Hagrid's Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure news
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I'm the gyro!

Postby DerekRx » Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:41 pm

I vote for a "My Name Is Earl" simulator where you gotta try to help Earl cross something off his list while keeping Randy and Joy from screwing everything up. Then you could add a restaurant next door called the Crabshack and have Darnell working there (hows it going, Crabman!)
All clear....

Dispatch, enjoy your ride.

Derek

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby ChrisFL » Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:48 pm

Electerik wrote:
knottslover77 wrote:Dueling rocket coasters themed to The Fast and the Furious would be sweet!

About a year ago, I participated in a supervisor training program in which we were each given two hours to come up with a new ride for either USF or IOA and then pitch it to a panel of upper management types. Of course, it was just "for fun." Nothing that would ever get built. But it was still the coolest training exersize ever.

Anyway, of the dozen or so people in the program, three pitched almost identical "dueling rocket coasters themed to The Fast And The Furious," and all placed them behind BTTF.

Me, I pitched an indoor swinging ship with a Viking theme between Mythos and the Enchanted Oak, and emphasized how affordable it would be to build.

I won, too. (At least, that part of the program.)

I have no real point. Except maybe that the whole "dueling rocket coasters themed to The Fast and the Furious" thing is a bit pedestrian. :evil:

I came up with a different idea...F&F Drifting ride....take something like "the whip" where your car is on a track and at different points it whips around, or drifts for a few seconds on every turn...could make for an interesting ride.

TPR's Movie Freak

Postby knottslover77 » Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:08 pm

^Sounds cool!

--Jay
I Love Brent <3, GhostRider is my #1 Coaster
total coasters:74

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby downunder » Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:13 pm

I really don't like those old school simulator rides, I hope they do a real ride. I'll be at Universal in sept near the end of my trip, I won't be going on Back to the Future if it is still open.

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby obeygiant » Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:37 am

I just want to get one more credit on BTTF before it closes..even if it does give me a slight concussion

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby sfmmFREAK » Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:21 pm

that would be so b*tchin' if they changed the simulator cars to homers pink sedan! :lolr:

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby disneyfan1313 » Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:53 am

After months of not commenting on rumors of the attraction's demise, Universal Orlando on Wednesday confirmed that the 16-year-old simulator ride will be closing to make room for an as-yet-undisclosed new attraction.

Universal spokesman Tom Schroder would not give a date for the ride's last run, though employees at Universal said they have been told it would close Oct. 1.
From todays Orlando Sentinel

It looks like it is official! Does anyone have POV? I'm trying to remember if they allow video taping of the attraction. I for one am sad - even though it was rough it felt like a part of my childhood. I remember the countdown clock to opening that was near where the store was now.. :(

The classic!

Postby dr.gumbo » Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:11 am

^ I've got it

Back to the future video

Mayby it should be adressed as back to the past now :cry:

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby Adriel » Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:47 am

But why? It's a classic ride! It's not so bad? I wish if they remove it the new attraction will be a real big hit! Hope it's not Snoopy coaster like in Japan.

BANNED FOR BEING A DICK

Postby munkyknum » Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:58 am

Na na na na, hey hey hey, goodbye.

I know a lot of people will argue or disagree with me. But I have never liked the ride.

I'm just not into motion simulators, which is probably what the new ride will be. So, I won't like the new ride any better.

edit: Woohoo, second post. I'll go back to lurking now.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!