Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 4740: Cedar Points Nights 2019 details released!
Users viewing this topic: Google Adsense [Bot], Pedrinho and 20 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
BANTRONNED

Postby goleafsgo » Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:02 pm

is there another video availiable? because the youtube one has been removed...

Insert Clever Title Here

Postby TheArchfiend » Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:06 pm

goleafsgo wrote:is there another video availiable? because the youtube one has been removed...

I'm sure the second there is another video it will get posted here a bagillizilteptillion times.
Jersey Girls rule!!

Aqua Trax Count: 0 :cry:

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby redfoot12 » Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:06 pm

Just keep on trying. It comes and it goes.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby asr » Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:42 pm

Is this the video everyone is talking about? I doubt it, but it is a cool video;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzuRUVRllII

If it isn't, has anyone found the video again?, What should I search for too try and find it?

The Resident Vegetarian Hippie

Postby Hercules » Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:58 pm

No. That's not it.

The best thing about TPR is the donkeys.

Postby Kenny » Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:14 pm

For the love of god and all that is holy, did anyone save that video? Please PM me if you did. I am going to bed and am going to have a hard time sleeping and I have a Drafting and Drawing test in the morning for my A&P Tech classes.

have you heard CP is getting a coaster?

Postby black562 » Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:16 pm

Psst, did you hear Cedar Point is getting a new coaster?
:lolr:

Sorry, just had to be done. I wonder how many people will claim "I told ya so" come tomorrow? Not that it matters...the bottom line is they're getting a new coaster and that's gotta rock!!!

The most interesting thing is that on coaster fanatics, there are actually people who have it added as one of their coaster credits....hmmm?
Joe Black

The Resident Vegetarian Hippie

Postby Hercules » Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:18 pm

Calm down. It is only a few hours away. And then if you can't see it the exact minute it is announced, here is a thought, wait.

Patience. You don't have to be the first one to see it when there are going to be thousands of people that know about it right after you.

Jay "For the love of God and all that is holy" Willis

Frutilicious!

Postby KrakenKing » Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:18 pm

I have the link still up and the video plays (But it doesn't play for my friends).. it sucks because I don't know how to save videos from YouTube, I don't think you can. I tried filming it with my video camera, but my video camera doesn't want to work correctly, oh well...
Signature.

Site Admin

Cedar Point's Maverick - Park's 17th Roller Coaster

Postby robbalvey » Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:20 pm

NOTE: We've updated the Maverick Construction Photos Update Page on Tuesday 1/09/07:
http://www.themeparkreview.com/cedarpoi ... verick.htm

This time thanks to our friends at www.coastercrew.com for the new pics!
Thanks guys! =) --Robb

Maverick - the park's 17th roller coaster - Announced!
http://maverick.cedarpoint.com/

Cedar Point has once again set itself apart from the rest of the amusement park industry -- and named its new, one-of-kind coaster accordingly.

After nearly one year of speculation, the park revealed early this morning that Maverick -- a $21 million terrain-hugging coaster that whips passengers dangerously close to the ground -- is the mystery ride being build in the northwestern corner of the peninsula. The Western-themed roller coaster will open in May 2007.

Maverick -- which means independent in thought and action -- will carry riders along the 4,450-foot-long course by way of steam-era styled trains.

Linear synchronous motors will propel the train to the top of a 105-foot-tall first hill. From there, it's more than straight down.

Maverick will take riders down at a 95-degree angle at speeds up to 57 mph to within a few feet of the ground, deceiving the riders into thinking they are going to hit the rocks.

In comparison, former record-breaking roller coasters, Millennium Force and Top Thrill Dragster, have angles of 80 and 90 degrees.

"A lot of this coaster is going to be close to the ground," said park spokesman Bryan Edwards. "This will be a very themed coaster. There will be rock formations and valleys."

While Edwards acknowledges some people may have been expecting a 500-foot-tall coaster, some were expecting something as unique as the Maverick -- an original ride and design that no other park has, he said.

"This is a different ride experience," Edwards said. "We have been building taller and faster, and taller and faster doesn't always equal more fun, according to the guests," Edwards said. "We are going in a different direction. There are people who look at Millennium Force and Top Thrill Dragster and say, 'No Way.'"

What Maverick offers that is more special is that just when riders think it's over, it's not, Edwards said.

Throughout the two-minute, 30-second ride, passengers will also experience eight airtime-filled hills, three inversions and a second launch through a dark tunnel while reaching speeds of 70 mph.

"This will be the most heavily themed coaster we have ever done," Edwards said.

Being built on 5.5 acres between the Mean Streak roller coaster and Thunder Canyon water ride in Frontiertown, Maverick will be Cedar Point's 17th roller coaster -- more than any other place in the world, Edwards said. The addition of Maverick will also bring Cedar Point's arsenal of rides to 69.

Maverick will operate Six 12-passenger trains with three cars, with four seats per car, per train. Tiered seating on the coaster's cars for better viewing (similar to stadium seating)

All riders on Maverick must be at least 48” tall to ride. Because of this height requirement, Maverick is a coaster that the entire family can enjoy.

MaverickPOV

maverickPOV.wmv [ 6.93 MiB | Viewed 83287 times ]

Maverick Aerial Video

maverickaerial.wmv [ 6.24 MiB | Viewed 83193 times ]

PreviousNext