New Universal Orlando Rumor...

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
2 + 2 = donkey!

New Universal Orlando Rumor...

Postby obeygiant » Fri Sep 01, 2006 4:55 pm

Okay, I double checked. It’s September 1st and not April 1st. The reason is that this rumor is kind of big and may be hard for some people to swallow, but it makes perfect sense if true. Screamscape sources tell us that a preliminary deal has been signed between Universal and Blue Man Group for a permanent show location within Citywalk. Well, technically it isn’t currently within Citywalk... the plan is to completely transform the old Nickelodeon Studios building into a new theater for the Blue Man Group and build a new entrance pathway for the show building somewhere between the Hard Rock Cafe and the USF exit plaza. Of course the new building will be completely blue and the outside will be completely renovated to give it more of a presence. The show itself may be a copy of the new Las Vegas show and obviously it’s clear to see that this is being done to compete with Disney’s Cirque Do Soleil offering at Downtown Disney. From the sound of things, the new show could open by next year so things should start to happen quickly if the final contracts are signed.

Sounds like the old Nickolodeon building *could* be turned into a permanent building for the Blue Man Group. I really don't understand why they would do this...They should gut the building out and put a ride in there. Universal needs a new thrill ride.

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby thefitness » Fri Sep 01, 2006 4:58 pm

I agree they need more rides not shows!
but if its true atleast they are trying to expand!

Site Admin

Re: New Universal Orlando Rumor...

Postby robbalvey » Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:22 pm

obeygiant wrote:Universal needs a new thrill ride.

Didn't Universal just get Mummy? I think of anything IOA needs a new thrill ride. Or at least another "E-Ticket" family ride.

--Robb

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby thefitness » Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:34 pm

Ill be happy if either one gets a new ride!

If USF did get The Blue Man Group do you think people would pay to see it? I would much rather see Cirque Do Soleil a few miles away!

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby CD » Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:43 pm

After seeing both shows, BMG and O by CDS in Las Vegas, I actually prefer the BMG. It was vey weird, cool, interesting, and amazing and I think UO would be making a GREAT descicion by putting this in. It would be much better than an empty lot and I think the BMG would fit perfectly in UO.
- Come visit me at Test Track, Mission Space, and Spaceship Earth in EPCOT over at WDW, I would love to meet some more TPR members!

2 + 2 = donkey!

Re: New Universal Orlando Rumor...

Postby obeygiant » Fri Sep 01, 2006 6:38 pm

robbalvey wrote:Didn't Universal just get Mummy? I think of anything IOA needs a new thrill ride. Or at least another "E-Ticket" family ride.

--Robb

I meant Universal in general (either IOA or Universal Studios), not just Universal Studios.

He's kind of sad and pathetic

Postby BarryH » Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:04 pm

I would pay to see the Blue Man Group.

The old Nick buidling is huge, so I can see the BMG occupying one part of the building. The other part can be a BMG gift shop!

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby tinhead » Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:14 pm

I just saw the Blue Man Group in London they are amazin, i think they would be a good asset to universal....

Elissa's Instincts Are Strong!

Postby steel » Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:29 pm

*coughWicked: The Ride -- Defy Gravitycough*

WDW Monorail Fanatic

Postby BeemerBoy » Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:44 pm

Cirque, and now possibly BMG? What's next, Barry Manilow, then Elton John, and finally hordes of low paid workers passing out hooker cards on the streets of Citiwalk? :roll:

Scott "please leave Vegas in Vegas, thanks" B.
Displaying "Online Enthusiast Morality" since 2006, with 99.9% more sarcasm.

Next

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!