TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

p. 375: Phoenix Rising family inverted coaster announced for 2024!

^^ Haha yeah, hopefully they'll remove Kumba or Montu instead. (Dripping with sarcasm, for those who couldn't tell)

Maybe they can sell Python to some small park and those with Arrow Corkscrew fetishes can still get their fix. I can't imagine who would want it though.

^^ Cypress Gardens

First we're losing the Screw Coaster and now Python is facing a similar fate.

I got to ride it with Erik Johnson last weekend, and took a few pictures and a little bit of video. When we got to the ride, it was closed due to the rain, but we were on the second train out when it opened back up. Anyone here want to work on a Python tribute video?

First we're losing the Screw Coaster and now Python is facing a similar fate.

I got to ride it with Erik Johnson last weekend, and took a few pictures and a little bit of video. When we got to the ride, it was closed due to the rain, but we were on the second train out when it opened back up. Anyone here want to work on a Python tribute video?

I would LOVE to! Ive got some footage of it, and I think Ill get some more this weekend if I go. Well now I guess the rumors are true, Im sad now.

Colin C

I rode Python in July 2002 when I was there. Identical to Knott's old Corkscrew; short, but a fun ride nonetheless.

Whether it stays or goes is apparently up in the air, so it seems. I can understand taking it out. It is old, and newer rides have certainly supassed it in terms of thrills. And the space could be used for something new, though I'm not sure a playground is the best use.

Eric

^ It does seem odd that some people have a map that shows Python cleared out, and others have maps that still show Python. My guess is that you're right, Robb.

I've seen the same thing at SFMM, too. They've given me maps from the previous year because they had 'em left over.

Eric