The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

P. 5296 - West Coast Racers Coming in 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 12 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I know more about donkeys than women!

sfmm updates

Postby coasterjunkie91350 » Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:48 am

Hey elissa

I got a question are you guys doing anything for halloween if so let me know cause it might be another boring one here at my house thanx.

Telling it like how it is

Postby Mr.Six » Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:22 pm

X is still down today as well.
_six

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby sfmmFREAK » Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:34 pm

when i was at HH, i saw a guy inspecting flashback's trains and control panel. idk if its a regular thing or not.

This 16 year old puts you to shame

Postby socalMAN123 » Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:27 pm

So the update from Sunday:

-X was closed (which sucked)
-Tatsu sucked up all of the guests (as usual)
- Scrambler, Circus Wheel, and Flashback was pretty much all that was closed
- I got denied my Goliath Jr. credit, AGAIN
- We got on 14 out of the 17 coasters (the ones we didn't go on were either not open or we couldn't go on them)
- The left side of Superman is SO much better than the right
- Pennies hurt when you throw them off the top of Superman
- Riddler's Revenge broke while we were on it and they let us ride twice (which absolutly MURDERED my legs)
- There were some people in the station of Flashback, but I couldn't tell what they were doing

That pretty much sums up the day. Oh yeah, Mike, I wondered if you noticed me walking by in Bugs Bunny World.
---Brent =)
Disobey

Telling it like how it is

Postby Mr.Six » Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:03 pm

I was operating planes when I saw you walk past. I thought it looked like you, but I wasn't sure. Then your back was facing me and I saw the TPR donkey.
_six

Fire Alarm Boy!

Postby arrowfanman » Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:44 pm

*sigh*....its in the next post.

-Jahan

Fire Alarm Boy!

Postby arrowfanman » Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:44 pm

8/29/06 Mini-Update

Ok folks, I'm back again, and with another update. The pictures were all taken yesterday (8/28), but I'm sure that you'll still get the just of it. ::)

Well, yesterday was yet another day when I had witness the very routine burning of land adjacent to the Santa Clarita Valley. Unfortunately for you guys, the blaze was a good 5 miles away from SFMM. ::lol::

*sigh*...this is really getting old.

Anyway, while I was out and about grabbing some shots of the fire, I found out that TJ and our friend Julian was at the Mountain, so I thought I'd go hang out for an hour or two. As my camera was already on me, it came quite natural for me to make an update out of it.

Yay! A pretty cool display was set up for Fright Fest. I'm just glad to know that we actually get one! ::)

Ok, so I got in and TJ was up by Tatsu, so I figured I'd take my time...go check out the Orient Express, see how its doing.

Pretty much the whole lower station has almost been completely-painted. This process has only taken about 4 months now. *sigh*

Yea...still not done. And of what is done, it looks like a rather "quick" job. I wonder why its taking so long!

A look into the unit itself. The floor is now missing.

Your going to like this shot, because I looked like a stupid-ass balancing on Revolutions support trying to get it!

I thought I'd never see the day when graffitti would find its way into SFMM.

Ohhhh, yeessss....Whose a dirty little train! You are, BABY! :wink:

Then I headed on towards X and Viper. As I expected, I got this...

::(

Yes, X is STILL down. I'm no maintenece worker or mechanical engineer, but problems like this dont just "happen" with proper maintence. Your lift doesn't just blow up like this! You really got to ignore a small problem for quite some time to do this sort of damage! Just like how Goliath's lift blew up earlier this summer!

Well...Shapiro is trying to match Disneyland...perhaps in maintenece too. ::lol::

Oh dang! For a second there I thought X was on fire!

Onward to Tatsu!

*sigh* C'mon guys! This is getting to be too easy! I mean, at first I was looking out for it, but now...they seem to come to me! At least he was nice enough to semi-look up as a guest asked for a water.

They finally have begun to re-construct the games-awning that faces the Tatsu crew.

Recently I had been getting lots of people ask me about the status of Freefall, a ride mere weeks from reopening. Well, as for the status...

its still weeks from reopening!

The car has slowly made its way further and further up...when it drops, the ride reopens! Its like a long and boring New Years celebration!

The second car has been sitting here for quite some time now. Its even hooked up to be transfered on....but it hasn't been.

There is also a third car, now sitting in pieces behind Batman.

Yay! They put BACK the "Exit Here" sign! You cant deny progress when you see it. :wink:

Whats funny, is shouldn't the "Exit Here" sign be facing the other way, facing where people get off the ride and wonder where to exit? For all we know, some stupid guests exiting Riddler's will think to exit INTO Freefall.

And lastly...Image

Yup folks. Now not only have the local area high schools returned in session, so has College of the Canyons (the local community college)....which means that exect every ride to pretty much be closed now! Good thing the internationals dont leave until the park goes to weekend-only operation, or else they would have three rides open...and one of them isn't X. :wink:

Well...there's another quick update. Hope you liked it!

-Jahan

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Tmcdllr » Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:50 pm

arrowfanman wrote:Yes, X is STILL down. I'm no maintenece worker or mechanical engineer, but problems like this dont just "happen" with proper maintence. Your lift doesn't just blow up like this! You really got to ignore a small problem for quite some time to do this sort of damage! Just like how Goliath's lift blew up earlier this summer!

Well even if you have the best maintenance program in place and it is followed by the letter you can still have odd, unexplained, or major mechanical failures. Mechanical things wear out-that's a fact. But proper maintenance and inspection can reduce major breakdowns from happening by repairing a small problem BEFORE it turns into a MAJOR one. I work in maintenance (not in the coaster industry but the maintenance idea is the same) and I see this kind of thing all the time. If you let little things go which at the time may not seem like much or cause the ride to close, they will only get worse until finally something fails and the ride does not work at all. If the time and effort is taken to follow this procedure the likelyhood of a major breakdown is greatly reduced.

I'm not sticking up for anybody just stating the obvious.

I don't think it is a coincidence that two major coasters in the same park that are not really that old both have had their lifts 'blow up' within the same season. When was the last time you've heard of this kind of thing happening.

Coincidence? I think not.

Bad luck? Maybe.

CHOO CHOO Ride Op

Postby lapseofreason » Wed Aug 30, 2006 7:15 am

socalMAN123 wrote:So the update from Sunday:

-X was closed (which sucked)
-Tatsu sucked up all of the guests (as usual)
- Scrambler, Circus Wheel, and Flashback was pretty much all that was closed
- I got denied my Goliath Jr. credit, AGAIN
- We got on 14 out of the 17 coasters (the ones we didn't go on were either not open or we couldn't go on them)
- The left side of Superman is SO much better than the right
- Pennies hurt when you throw them off the top of Superman
- Riddler's Revenge broke while we were on it and they let us ride twice (which absolutly MURDERED my legs)
- There were some people in the station of Flashback, but I couldn't tell what they were doing

That pretty much sums up the day. Oh yeah, Mike, I wondered if you noticed me walking by in Bugs Bunny World.
---Brent =)

As for the Flashback thing.... who knows what they were doing. Taking more random parts, probably. :lmao: I won't believe anything's happening until someone actually sees it testing or something. Although I still would like to see it up and running; it's the last credit in the park that I need. :)
"I reject your reality and substitute my own." -Adam Savage (Mythbusters)
2008 Cedar Point Ride Op (May-September)
COASTER COUNT: 53 (42 Steel, 11 Wooden)
#53: Phantom's Revenge, Kennywood, West Mifflin, PA

KidTums' personal piano player

Postby wrs28330 » Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:55 am

I am not sure where the people were seen in the Flashback queue, but be aware that we are starting themeing in the park for fright fest, and Jokster's Hideout is right there. We are refurbishing many of our mazes now.

PreviousNext