Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Page 912 - Delirious (Larson Looper) Flat Ride Announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Kumba9 » Mon Jun 05, 2006 4:05 pm

^^ yes, I posted those comments/track-color on the BAZ site. But, I am only making the assumption for the BGE ride. It could be for another park, but based on the timing on the Busch ride (to begin construction) it kind-of makes sense at this point that some track/supports are already in production. I also stated there were a set of dark-blue supports on that (Ohio) site as well, but not sure if that is the color-scheme. The orange-beige track color(s) appear a bit faded, so I can't be sure if that is the final color-coat or a primer-base (and the final color is similar).

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby alpengeist04 » Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:27 pm

^OK thanks, Kumba9.

Everybody likes an S&S!

Postby Thrillrider15 » Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:57 pm

So what are we guessing that this could be. My guess would be that B&M Valleyfair! has always wanted to get. Because from talk around, they say that the roller coaster would be inverted (or floorless), and would be around the water park. Of course, this is just what is flying around. :?r

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Kumba9 » Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:36 pm

Screamscape has reported the rumor was a B&M Invert slated for Valleyfair for '07. But, the report was dated back in '04 and that was over 2 yrs ago.

http://www.screamscape.com/html/valleyfair.htm

It would make some sense if that is the case, but I'm wondering if it could be another attraction (flat ride) and the coaster idea is now pushed back to '08 (perhaps it may afffect attention away from CP new "ride/coaster" as well as park attendance. Unless plans are already in place for the mega-pass on the Paramount/CF aquisition).

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby Warlord694 » Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:38 pm

http://www.wucc.org/colorcodes.html

uniform color codes for locate markings

Locates are required for all excavations to protect the contractor/utility co.

They could be putting a flower box or doing core samples?

2 locate markings do not make a coaster project.
Only time and the undercover covert TPR spies will tell.

The Resident Vegetarian Hippie

Postby Hercules » Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:09 pm

Who cares what this is.... it's only ValleyFair! ;)

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby the_rock401 » Tue Jun 06, 2006 4:21 am

In construction, orange marking paint means communications (phone, cable, fiber optic, etc), and yellow marking paint means a petroleum line (natural gas, oil, propane).

Thrillrider15, I'm not sure where you heard that bit about a potential invert working around the water park, because this is the first I've heard of it.

The Minnesota TPR delegation will keep you abreast as we accidentally stumble upon things.

Paul "VF ain't THAT bad" Miller

Elissa's Instincts Are Strong!

Postby steel » Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:38 am

Hercules wrote:Who cares what this is.... it's only ValleyFair! ;)

Who cares what happens to Hercules? It's only Dorney Park.

My bet is actually on a woodie. You never know.

The Resident Vegetarian Hippie

Postby Hercules » Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:28 am

Ouch. Low blow. I hope you realize I was just kidding. :smile:

Site Admin

Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Postby robbalvey » Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:52 pm

Valleyfair Announces Renegade – A New Wooden Roller Coaster For 2007
http://www.valleyfair.com/public/attrac ... negade.cfm

(Shakopee, MN) September 21, 2006 – Twists, turns, speed and the Old West are top features of Renegade – a new world-class wooden roller coaster to debut at Valleyfair in 2007.

Designed by Great Coasters International, Inc. (GCII) of Sunbury, Pa., $6.5 million Renegade combines the best features of out & back and twister coasters. Renegade will be the park’s seventh roller coaster. It is the first all wooden coaster to be built at Valleyfair since the High Roller was introduced in 1976.

“There won’t be a dull moment on this ride,” states Alan Schwartz, Valleyfair’s vice president & general manager. “This will be a lively, smooth ride and an exciting addition to our collection of roller coasters.”

Guests will experience a two minute adventurous ride including a never-before-experienced twisting first drop, a low-to-the-ground high-speed S-turn and a high-speed station fly-by.

Renegade will stand 104 feet tall and will drop 91 feet. It will reach a top speed of 52 mph. It will be 3,113 feet long. Two high-performance Millennium Flyer Trains will accommodate 24 passengers each (four riders per car and six cars per train).

Renegade will be located in the northwest quadrant of the park – back in the wooded area north of the Thunder Canyon water ride. Guests must be at least 48 inches tall to ride.

[ Play Quicktime file ]

Renegade POV Video - Quicktime version

renegadePOV.mov [ 7.02 MiB | Viewed 20814 times ]

Renegade POV Video - MPEG Version

renegadePOV.mpg [ 6.76 MiB | Viewed 26118 times ]

RenegadeOffride.zip
Renegade Offride Video - Quicktime Version
(6.58 MiB) Downloaded 980 times
Last edited by larrygator on Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:19 pm.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!