TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Elitch Gardens Discussion Thread

I don't know, it just seems strange to me.

It's not that strange. They don't want to announce a new attraction until they are ready to. We do the same thing with games we are currently working on.

--Robb "Who can't talk about his latest project either!" Alvey

Yeah, just feel lucky they told you they're getting anything at all. Usually they don't respond to emails, or they just tell you no final plans have been made for next year. At least they acknowledged they're getting some sort of attraction. You're just gonna have to wait like the rest of us....well, most of us

^Come on Robb, why can't you tell us about "Call of Duty: Pizza Hut Delivery Edition"?

I don't know, it just seems strange to me.

It's not that strange. They don't want to announce a new attraction until they are ready to. We do the same thing with games we are currently working on.

--Robb "Who can't talk about his latest project either!" Alvey

It's about a couple who spend their time traveling around cool places, riding cool rides and meeting cool people. "Rob & Elissa The sims"

• 2 months later...

Ok, so some strange things have been going on, or at least that I think so, have been going on at Six Flags.

Driving along I-25 the other day, a friend said that Tower of Doom (Intamin drop) was running, but with people on it.

Also, driving by on my way to Arizona, non of the lights were on. This is strange because usually because every time I drive by at night, there are usually lights on Mind Eraser and Twister, but nothing this time.

Also, if their new attraction was going to be a coaster, wouldn't you expect construction to begin by now? Or even an annoucement?

I didn't notice any cranes, but hopefully I'll see something more when I pass by on the 30th or 29th.

Also, driving by on my way to Arizona, non of the lights were on. This is strange because usually because every time I drive by at night, there are usually lights on Mind Eraser and Twister, but nothing this time.

Have you been by the park much in the winter? I know during the summer, CP always has lights on TTD, but during the winter they have them turned off. I would imagine they are just saving money on the electrical bill.

Every one of the coasters added since Boomerang I believe didn't get track or start construction until like March. Sure it is a short timeline but the problem is that you can face big problems with winter construction.

Besides we aren't that likely to get anything big enough to take more than a month or two to put together.

My guess is that they might have a chance at some of the small rides at Astroworld and might be considering those for placement in the park.

Personally I hope that we get something good from Astroworld. Maybe one of the coasters and a few nice flats but Elitches seems to be the red headed step child of the "flagged" parks often.

I see Elitch's as more of a "test grounds" for coasters and rides. Like Halfpipe, and The Flying Coaster, etc. I wouldn't be suprised if it were something new or something that has never been built.

Something that I think could possiably happen is a wild mouse. Like a portiable one, like Cheeta Chase at The Lost Continent.

• 7 months later...