TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

A couple of things to keep in mind:

1.) SFMM is getting a new coaster for 2006. Don't give up hope on them just yet

2.) Six Flags likes to purchase rides for one park and then move them to another. Maybe the wooden coaster will be for another park???

With it being so early, ANYTHING is possible.

Anyone taking bets that this will open before Kingda Ka?

I know, lets pick a name. Knowing Six Flags, I'm going to go with the New Jersey Cyclone. Who's with me!

Seriously, I haven't been on Balder or good Colossos yet, but those Intamin woodies look yummy.

-Don "Did i just say yummy woodie?!" Dashel

Anyone taking bets that this will open before Kingda Ka?

I know, lets pick a name. Knowing Six Flags, I'm going to go with the New Jersey Cyclone. Who's with me!

Seriously, I haven't been on Balder or good Colossos yet, but those Intamin woodies look yummy.

-Don "Did i just say yummy woodie?!" Dashel

Ka is opening this week. It's been running fine for the commercial shoot the past 2 days.

I'd wait til actual digging and pier placement begins. SF has done that before, namely with Fiesta Texas the year Superman opened, they were supposed to get a Zierer Medium Tivoli coaster, it was all on site .. it sat and sat until being shipped to Spain in 2002.

I'm just sharing the rumor mill. Believe you me, I still can't even believe that Six Flags would give us 2 coasters back to back, especially after all the work that was done this year! Agreed though, All I am expecting is a new woodie, anything else will have to wait for confirmation.

Can't wait to see some Intamin wood in the US. I have heard Colossos was amazing. If we are talking world records, then this is gonna be a lot of wood. wOOt!

Katie

is that not a bit extreme, getting a new coaster when they are already have one that isnt open?

I think they are trying to over come CP. With this new coaster it would bring their coaster total to 13. Cp has 16 right? At this rate, SfGAdv are going to over-take CP.

I heard that Six Flags, in conjuction with the Glactic Empire, are constructing a new Vekoma Death Star (called 'T3') to target and destroy Cedar Point once and for all.

Take that those of you who say that even though SF and CF are in different markets which cater to the public, which has now idea the other exists, are in direct competition.

Oh, and Intamin wood, whoo hoo.

-Jeeze

• 3 months later...

Some stuff for the new Intamin woodie has started to arrive at the park in the last couple of days, in which the park has been closed.

Here is a teaser pic of sort that someone took, but there will almost certainly be more pictures tomorrow when the park will be open to public:

........wait for it.....