TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

That sucks. Soon all the first gen intamin freefalls will bite the dust.

Well, maybe they will put some new flats in its place, but with SF being in all this bankruptcy and considering to sell some parks, I don't think any Six Flags park will be getting anything new for a while, but who knows.

I think that it is that they are also really painful..Last time I rode mr hydes nasty fall I swear the brakes didnt engage right because we hit so hard you could feel the safety catch engageand we were stuck..Then one of the ride ops ran up and frantically asked if we were ok..I joked and said no i think I broke a rib and she started getting nervous..I felt bad and told her I was joking..But ya thats my oppinion..They are painful and cost to much to maintain

Six Flags plan to return to profitability involves tearing down as many rides as possible and replacing them with souvenir kiosks or crappy midway games at 5 bucks a pop.

I hope there's a new ride coming; this end of the park is getting pretty dead. The Huss frisbee was pulled a few years back and never replaced, the Enterprise is gone, the Chiller is always half broken. Maybe it's part of a bigger multi ride Intamin deal, perhaps a new drop tower. I just hope it's not another overpriced record breaking Intamin monstrosity that sucks cash away from other things this park could really use. There's a lot of empty concrete pads that need rides everywhere.

^what a shocker, a 14 yr old praising the demise of a classic. I remember when this ride had 2 hour lines when it opened and famed Hollywood stuntman Dar Robinson filming ads for the park. Luckily I rode this early this season for the first time in about 15 years. That drop still provided the great sensation of "freefalling". Amazing that I had forgtten how loud the ride was.

Wow, I just realised that I was only five when I rode The Edge at Great America.

didnt "the edge" go off the edge I though I heard my dad saying how it closed down because It went to far or something

The Edge fell down the lift hill and collided with a waiting car below. A couple of years later, SFGAm sold it to Rocky Point Park (defunct Rhode Island park). When RPP closed in 1996, the ride was sold to Premier Parks (Six Flags) and was installed at Geauga Lake as the now scrapped Mr. Hyde's Nasty Fall.

• 1 month later...

I am seriously going to send letters to six flags to try to get them to keep it before they tear it down. Please help me in this if you really care about this ride. This is one of the craziest things they've ever done!

If you need thier mailing adress, email adress or phone number it is on this link:

www.sixflags.com/contactus.asp

Please help me out with this and tell other ride enthusiasts.

I actually like Intamin 1st gens alot. While I prefer the newer drop towers, the older ones are just... different and worth saving. It's too bad a company couldn't redesign the first gen style (that curve sat the bottom) to add some kind of gimmick or some height to the design to compete with newer type freefalls.

Sad to see another one go...

(remembers Rocky Point's well)

freefall.jpg.be02b01d5d477f2c2ba7ce54fb80f773.jpg

Sob....