TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

In my 23 rides, I've been stapled more times than not, and I'm honestly thankful for it. Even when stapled I have been completely lifted from my seat. I've ended the ride sitting in a different place than I started when stapled. I don't buy the "stapling dampens the airtime" argument because when I wasn't stapled it felt the same. IMHO, it really does not matter at all.

^it is difficult when the ride ops jump up and down on the lap bar

Sorry to hear that. I went on El Toro 4 times last week and didn't get stapled. It was a snug fit, but not stapled. I was able to fit my hand between the lap bar and my thigh.

My first ride on Toro I did what alot of people say to do and just sat forward so when they push it down I can sit back and have an inch of space and wow! I felt like I was going to fly out of my seat! What an intense rush it was, and I also went on it yesterday but staple myself in to see if there was a difference. Nearly the same airtime without the feeling that I was going to die. Just awesome!

When the Ops checks the bar, I just slouch and stick my stomach out so it pushes on the bar. I make sure the Seatbelt is slightly loose as well.

This way you can come out of your seat and enjoy the ride more.

Before you all say i'm fat or over weight, I weigh 11.5 stone and just under 6ft tall.

^That's what I did, and I got the mose extreme airtime on any ride I had ever been on, especially on the first drop . 3 out of my 4 friends that had gone with me did not ride it because it looked "boring". I was just like...wow. But me and my other friend just bragged about it the whole way home. They missed out on the best ride in a long time.

^Rich here is a comparison. Not as good! First they completely staple you in on El Toro, you still get air but it is not the free air you get on Balder. The last 1/3 twister portion is good. However, the turns are too far apart to enjoy the overbanked turns yet too close together to make for a good trick track.

Keep in mind I'm one of the few from the UK Trip that doesn't have Balder as my favorite woodie, it is my 5th favorite and I'd put El Toro at #12. I'll be riding a couple of times this summer so that opinion may change.

Thanks for the comparison Larry. But only #5 for Balder, how sad. JK. The more I rode Balder the more I loved it. Added to that, the cool ride ops, the "set your own height on lap bar" and the "warm welcome, ie. beer, bags, hammer and nails, crane and 2.5 hours of ERT" surely helped me come to my decision that Balder is my favorite. In a way though, that's a bad thing since it is SO far away! But at least that makes it elusive to most everyone else in the US! Cheers Larry

Guys....PLEASE ride it before making judgements!

Toro is by far my #1 woodie, blowing out my now #2, Boulder Dash. It has airtime that feels twice as intense as S:RoS', each hill's airtime is sustained for longer than S:RoS' 3rd camelback, and Toro is an overall VERY intense coaster that is non-stop speed and airtime. And when you're not flying out of your seat you're getting pinned down to the trains by heavy G's in the pullouts and turnaround, while being engulfed in headchoppers...it's amazing. The twsiter section is also crazy lat-wise, especially in back row.

I you prefer the traditional feel of a wooden coaster, it may not be #1, but it does NOT feel like an Intamin mega. If you love crazy ejector airtime (just slide up a tad in seat while the push down on bar, you will have lots of room), intense positive G's, very close headchoppers, constant speed, and heavy lat's, you'll LOVE El Toro!

Nope, all we're saying is ride it before saying what it will and what it won't be better than. Back in OCTOBER I had a top 5 down in my head which included Toro/Voyage (riding in August)/etc... I had Toro at #3, below Voyage and Boulder Dash...guess what? Toro totally exceeded my expectations, blew out Boulder Dash, and is now right up there with S:RoS at SFNE for my #1 overall.

Well, it's going to take i while before i can ride El Toro, maybe never, but hey, think positive! I did Colossos, the other Intamin Megawoody and that gove some pretty sick ass airtime! So i hope this coaster is just as good as Colossos! I just love Intamin!

i have ridden this beast ten times and let me tell you gives you a lot of air time. i will be riding the voyage next week. i also have a video of el toro that i took the day before media day. here it is

Nope, all we're saying is ride it before saying what it will and what it won't be better than. Back in OCTOBER I had a top 5 down in my head which included Toro/Voyage (riding in August)/etc... I had Toro at #3, below Voyage and Boulder Dash...guess what? Toro totally exceeded my expectations, blew out Boulder Dash, and is now right up there with S:RoS at SFNE for my #1 overall.

Ok. But you are basically doing the same thing. You were speculating on how you would like the ride. That is all everyone else is doing. They are speculating that the ride doesn't look that great to them or whatever they are saying. Let them go through the same process as you. You don't have to keep telling them to ride it. Let them find out for themselves. Just chill out. You made your points, now let it be.

• 5 weeks later...

Screamscape reported a rumor that the last day of operation for the Freefall ride at SFGAdv was Sunday, and while at first I was doubtful since it had just been brought back online after an extended rehab/downtime, I just received a couple of "unofficial" confirmations from people in the know at the park that it is down for the rest of the season, and probably for good.

Farewell old friend:

I suppose you all are correct....

But coudn't they make a new version that's smoother, makes less noise, and is more reliable? Possibly taller? I mean, it's such a good ride experience, and so much different than other freefalls.