Knoebels Discussion Thread

Pg 415: 2019 flat ride announced Tumbling Timbers
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Photo Update

Postby bob256 » Sun Apr 16, 2006 5:05 pm

It was such a nice day today that I decided to be good to my camera and take it for a ride. We ended up at the Flying Turns project. I have posted more pictures of the progress. Knoebels is taking its time and doing it right. Some of the pix show the complexity of the layering of the trough. You can also see the wireless webcam system. I'll provide more pix as the progress warrants it.

http://community.webshots.com/user/knoebelspix

Full Fledged Bi Enthusiast

Postby okinawaboy11 » Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:46 pm

Would someone be nice enough to please explain the Figure 8 section?

It just lookes so confusing.

Elissa + Hangman Fanboy

Postby FlippyTrick09 » Sun Apr 16, 2006 7:00 pm

^ Uhh... It does a figure 8 Haha Ok how to explain this... I think it does 1 "half" turnthen into a 180 into another "half turn" and then one more 180 and continues doing "half" turns for the rest of the ride.... If you know what I mean

Full Fledged Bi Enthusiast

Postby okinawaboy11 » Sun Apr 16, 2006 7:03 pm

Ha, thanks...I think? :?r

lol I kinda get it now.

Giggity, Giggity, Giggity!

Postby TwistedTrack » Mon Apr 17, 2006 12:59 pm

So many small little strips of board! That would take forever!

Former Knoebels Flyer Operator

Postby RCoasterny » Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:20 am

I was just at the park Easter Sunday and took pictures.. I'll put them up as soon as I get them off my camera and resize the pictures. While walking around the park I ran into John Fetterman who was there with his family! I mentioned to him that the layout that was posted on the website and the actual footers don't match. He said that he hasn't seen the online version yet so he didn't have an answer for that. I asked if he was using the Ecluid Beach FT layout, and he said, no- they are using the Riverview FT blueprint. As for when the ride will open, it was a big question mark. It may be this year, it might be next year. I think it's best to expect this ride as a "new for 2007".

I just checked the webcam which was down for the past few days and OMFG!! A huge bent is going up! :omg:

I will try to post a TR tonight.. I just realized that the taxes are due in the mail today and I haven't printed them yet! :wtf:

Can I park my donkey here?

Knoebels has been flooded again...

Postby stevenpensacola » Wed Jun 28, 2006 6:33 pm

http://www.knoebels.com/flood.htm for photos. Sure hate to see this.

I'll have red wine with my slice of donkey.

Postby mforce79 » Wed Jun 28, 2006 7:02 pm

I noticed much of New England was getting soaked this week, I was hoping not to see anything like this in a theme park. Is this something that happens often near Knoebels (the title makes it sound like it might happen frequently)?
:arrow: Chris

Teh Rockness Monster

Postby BiCoastal Kid » Wed Jun 28, 2006 7:05 pm

I wonder how this is going to effect the flying turns? Like, do you think the treated it well to prevent warping?

I'm the gyro!

Postby DerekRx » Wed Jun 28, 2006 7:11 pm

Wow, yeah, that looks like the same situation my parents are going thru right now too. I sure am glad I purchased a house on a hill/slope. Not too tough to navigate in the winters, and no flooding in the summers.

I'd also suspect that poor Bushkill is also under water, as our rivers here have crested at 14 feet.
All clear....

Dispatch, enjoy your ride.

Derek

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!