Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 1066: Finnegan's Flyer POV video
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Bonafide Donkey Expert

BGE make an "OFFICIAL" announcement on LeMans Race

Postby Kumba9 » Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:38 pm

BGE has officially announced that the LeMans Raceway attraction will "officially" close on July 5, in preparation for a new attraction slated for 2007.

Credit Link:

http://www.4adventure.com/bgw/ftp_press ... aspx?ID=33

Farewell LMR! I worked maintenance on this ride for about 6 months (mostly offseason checks/rebuilds) and it is one of a dying-breed of classic rides for the entire family. Anyone ever have a waterballon fight w/managers on the ride? *guilty as charged here*..lol

Anyone care to share some fun/interesting stories on the historic ride?

Attn Mods: I had posted the message on the BGW "next attraction forum". But, I also posted this message on a new thread, because the announcement was made official and essentially not-related to the proposed ride for BGE-07 (and someone else will eventually begin a new thread anyway). If it is deemed necessary to merge the two threads, by all means you are free to make a judgement call

Former captain of the Arrow bus.

Postby Erik Johnson » Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:28 pm

Well I heard the rumor so we did end up riding the ride a few weeks ago. Yes, plenty of photos and video were taken.
DSC07625.JPG
So what are they going to do with the bird?
DSC07636.JPG
It was a pretty decent car ride.
DSC07637.JPG
Even Dar liked it.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Kumba9 » Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:38 pm

Poor birdie. It just received its eviction notice and will have to find a new que-house to live in. I hear there is an opening for a 7,500 sq. foot "house" coming on the market by 07...lol

Bonafide Donkey Expert

WE have a TEASER SIGN!

Postby Kumba9 » Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:51 pm

A-B has barely ended the reign on LeMans raceway and is now beginning its next course of action with teaser signs within the park. An eerie feeling of (hopefully) proving my theory on the color-scheme too-I reported on that site.

Credit (from friends at BGEscape site): http://www.bgescape.com/

Teaser Photo: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v162/ ... 0_0496.jpg[/b]

Good to the last drop

Postby ECZenith » Fri Jul 07, 2006 8:00 pm

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/vi ... hp?t=26648

TPR Member "cfc" has uncovered the first major clue as to what the theme of the ride will be. Thanks for that, by that way cfc.

SheiKra immediately broke into my top 10, I love the concept of dive machines, this clue pretty much puts the last nail in the casket to any other type of coaster with a dive machine at it's sister park.
-Sean C.

FORMER DISNEYLAND ATTRACTION OP

SLC's Rule!

Postby kennywood!007 » Fri Jul 07, 2006 8:58 pm

This sounds like its gonna be a cool ride. :P

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Kumba9 » Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:01 pm

Yes. I already seen his post after the post I put on this thread. I just put it on this one to keep it all consolidated (similar to the Tatsu thread) and not have all of the posts all over the place. But, I already posted on that thread and I guess the mods will figure which is best (or combine them eventually). Thanks for the info.

Full Fledged Meat Enthusiast!

Location: Phoenix, AZ, San Mateo, CA, A Southwest 737, a Continental 737, A United 737...

Postby QueerRudie » Fri Jul 07, 2006 10:58 pm

Another Bird/aviary themed ride- Well gosh-diddly-iddly-arn-it, there goes my idea for a great name- Guilliotine- Can you imagine the 'splashdown' ending?

Oh well- can't wait for another Beemer in BGE(w)!

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Sat Jul 08, 2006 7:14 am

Kumba9 wrote:Yes. I already seen his post after the post I put on this thread. I just put it on this one to keep it all consolidated (similar to the Tatsu thread) and not have all of the posts all over the place. But, I already posted on that thread and I guess the mods will figure which is best (or combine them eventually). Thanks for the info.

It might be time to start an "official BGE's new ride" thread.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby alpengeist04 » Sat Jul 08, 2006 7:42 am

^I agree, I don't know which thread to post in. :?r :lolr:

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!