Photo TR: shesaidboom and 307 do a bunch of parks

Now up: Idlewild, Lakemont, Del Grosso's; page five.
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
308, 309, 310 .....

Postby 307 » Sun Jun 18, 2006 9:12 pm

colincoon wrote:Wow nice Photo TR! I liked the Dells when I went up there, it was like one giant theme park with crappy hotels and expencive nothings all over the place! Oh, and has that second turn on Avalanche gotten any better? When I rode it beat the crap out of me, but I still rode it 57 times!

Colin C

There was another turn that really beat me up, too. Maybe it was the third turn? I don't remember, but I braced myself every time we went around it. It didn't help, but you know.

Also, our hotel was just off the "souvenir store boulevard" portion of the Dells, and it cost about $55 per night, which I figured was a great rate - especially with the nice room we ended up with!

I taste better with A1

Postby TheStig » Sun Jun 18, 2006 9:26 pm

Yeah, I stayed at the Holiday Inn and it was like sleeping in an ash tray, even in a non smoking room! I'd go back in a second though, I really liked it up there, but thats not going to happen for a few more years, oh well. Did you by any chance stop at Little A-Merikk-A for some good ol credit whoreing?

Colin C

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby shesaidboom » Sun Jun 18, 2006 9:32 pm

If you do go back, the Black Hawk Motel was a good deal..like we mentioned like five times already :P Did you notice how every pool outside the motels in the area had weird double water slides shaped like dolphins and whales? Every single one. Maybe I'm the only one who finds this amusing.

We were going to hit up Little A-Merrick-A but decided against it at the last minute. We thought it was on one of the routes between parks but it ended up being a while out of the way. Plus, it would've meant another Toboggan credit and one was more than enough ;)

I love pickles. No more comments neccesary.

Postby USRoadTripper » Sun Jun 18, 2006 9:46 pm

I'm really enjoying the TR too! You captions are very funny, and it really looks like you guys had a geat time! It makes me wanna get up to the Dells even more than I already wanted to!

Bucket cereal...hahaha!

-Julie
Current coaster count : 223
waterviper [1:08am]: jahan i know you 17 and all but I think your one great piece of ass
arrowfanman [1:36am]: Good...now we have the trifecta of ass-wanting!

¡Vamos a Seis Banderas!

Postby pvcoasterguy » Sun Jun 18, 2006 9:47 pm

I was just at Mt. Olympus a few days ago. Did anyone else notice the terribly rough turn after you go by the station (sort of like a flyby- it shakes the entire station when the train goes on it)? There was a crapload of shuffling on that one part of the ride, and the rest was pretty darn smooth.

Nice TR... I'll post mine soon.

WDW Monorail Fanatic

Postby BeemerBoy » Mon Jun 19, 2006 4:42 am

shesaidboom wrote:
ParkTrips wrote:^ Dont worry, a lot of good ones go by without sparking conversation, yet some of the most "WTF?" crap get tons or replies. Its a phenomenon that is hard to track ::|

Yeah, I've noticed this a lot. I guess part of it is that we really don't know many people on here. Oh well, will still post more TRs :P

I agree Joe. I think it's just that phenomenon of some (most?) people being afraid of intelligence. :?r Sadly, a post with quality and substance is avoided like the plague most times. Anyway, GREAT TR guys. Keep up the good work! :)
Displaying "Online Enthusiast Morality" since 2006, with 99.9% more sarcasm.

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby TheGreatOne » Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:29 am

ParkTrips wrote:This TR kicks ass!! I simply cant wait for more, and yea, for a ride that people complain about being down a lot, I didnt see V2 down at all last month ::roll::

- Joe, who's anxiously awaiting more 8)

v2 was down earlier in the year because the back car had to be replaced. Apparently, the issue they had has been resolved.
Career Tic-Tac-Toe Record: 13 wins-3 losses -15 ties

The search for the Ultimate Thrill!

Postby Coaster Palooza » Mon Jun 19, 2006 2:27 pm

Keep the trip report coming! I am anxiously waiting for Pennsylvania. :)

308, 309, 310 .....

Postby 307 » Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:27 pm

For those "anxiously awaiting", we'll have the next couple of portions up on either Wednesday or Thursday. I assume.

Nikki want to do some more on Wednesday/Thursday? :P

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby shesaidboom » Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:51 am

shesaidboom and 307 do the parks that are kinda the mid-west but some are more easterly but I guess a few can be considered mid-west but maybe "central" is a better term for them - PART THREE of SCHFIFTY FIVE

After we finished up at the Wisconsin Dells, we made the journey south again, back through the hell hole known as Chicago and down into Indiana. Specifically, Monticello. Indiana Beach was next on the itinerary, however here are some observations about this specific area of Indiana.

a] there was a Curves gym - in a shack!
b] Farm, farm, farm, farm, farm supply shed, farm, house next to a farm, WAL-MART, farm, farm shed, McDonald's. This made no sense. But everyone seemed to worship the Wal-Mart like some sort of retail store God. It was very weird.
c] Downtown consisted of a movie theatre which only plays movies at night, a drive-in theatre, an Arby's, Subway, and a couple of local shops that were closed on Sundays.
d] From the outside, most of the hotels in the area looked really crappy. I'd say three of the four looked poopy.
e] Ours was probably the worst.

I could go on and on about how dumpy our hotel was. If you're ever there, avoid the Pine View Resort/Lodge. It's a hole! The door didn't even close all the way. There was still about a half-inch gap between the door and the frame once the door was closed. I awoke the following morning with a freshly spun spiderweb ON MY FACE. That was not pleasant.

Anyways, Indiana Beach was really nice. If you DO want to come here, don't let the terrible area surrounding it dissuade you. The park is very nice and interesting. It's also unique in that it's built on an inlet and is completely surrounded by water, which is great since the park uses it to it's fullest extent, building numerous rides [including a skycoaster] over the water.

Onto pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!
327.jpg
To get to the park you have to walk across a giant suspension bridge. It's bouncy, as I demonstrate here!!!
328.jpg
We got some Hurricane on the horizon. We got there an hour early by mistake, which became a recurring theme on the trip.
260lostcoasteratindianabeach.jpg
Lost Coaster promises to be a bone jarring experience, however Nikki came out unscathed. Jer's spine wasn't as lucky. When going backwards do not turn around to see where you're going, your spine will hate you.
268.jpg
OMG TWO TRAINS! Getting one train in a picture was hard enough since dispatching was so slow. Turnover was about five minutes as operators preferred to converse rather than send out trains.
270pirateguy.jpg
Pirate guy single handedly persuaded us to ride the Den of Lost Thieves. Nikki proceeded to get the worst score ever.
279.jpg
Pirate guy makes another appearance in this high in da sky shot.
281oldpeopleliketheboat.jpg
Indiana Beach is fun for all ages. Here a boat takes these old fogies out to pasture.
283cornball.jpg
Despite rampant praise for this coaster neither of us found it to be anything more than mildly enjoyable. It did involve corn, which upped our opinions slightly.
285.jpg
In this mess of track you can see how Indiana Beach makes use of their limited space.
290.jpg
Exclusive shot of Lost Coaster. Unfortunately it was impossible to get a train in a picture because of the super slow dispatching. Peacock.
291newrideparts.jpg
Indiana Beach's new for 2006 ride was fully operational when we got there. WOW, LOBSTER TRAPS!
292naoutonorie.jpg
n out o no rie.
296.jpg
WE FINALLY FOUND A TRAIN!!
297.jpg
Chair swings of death. These things are terrifying, they rock you back and forth and make it seem like you're going to fall into the water. Jer laughed at me :(
299usontheparatrooper.jpg
Camwhoring on the Paratrooper. All the pictures of us look the same since we had nobody to take them for us.
300flyingboobs.jpg
As we walked by Jer pointed and yelled 'FLYING BOOBS!' I will teach him how to read one of these days.
301tigrrcoaster.jpg
Tigrrrgkadhgka COaster broke my arm. Despite the lack of restraints, this Tigrr was not a wonderful thing.
304cornball.jpg
Those people in the back are getting hair time.
306cornballstation.jpg
Here's a picture of what the train looked like for several minutes between dispatches. The ops would sit and talk while waiting for the trains to fill up. LAME.
307.jpg
Jer likes this picture because it was the 307th picture we took on the trip.
309omgphotos.jpg
OMG PHOTO!
310cautionassblower.jpg
This has been done, but it's still funny dammit.
311hurricane.jpg
My camera likes to turn pictures blue.
313jercoasters.jpg
Jer is a tourist.
315.jpg
Almost three trains!
317.jpg
Jer didn't realize that this coaster was built over the water until we actually rode it.
319.jpg
Jer wont let me post all the Hurricane pictures :(
322.jpg
We tried to get the coasters in the background but clearly we failed.
335parkmap.jpg
They refused to give us park maps despite us seeing them in the ticket booths, so this is the best we could do for our souvenir map.
334byebyeindianabeach.jpg
Bye bye Indiana Beach!

PreviousNext

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive