TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Knoebels Discussion Thread

^Thanks for the tip. I'm more likely going out of my way for a classic wild ride/water ride than a new big giga. It's got to the point where fun trumps credit count. Ah, to be over 40.

Skyrides, wild slides, classic flats, classic coaster vehicles here I come!

Fun beats bigger - I spent 3 days at Knoebels last year but only 5 hours at my local corporate park (on 2 visits). Gotta ride Whizzer

I’ve also figured that out and it’s why Knoebels is my favorite park. I do love awesome coasters but I’ve decided to not be a credit whore like I once was in high school because the number isn’t worth increasing by putting my 6’3 ass into a kiddie coaster car. As long as a roller coaster isn’t violently awful and painful I don’t care if it’s not the greatest layout of all time and enjoy the ride for what it is because I’m on a roller coaster and not auditing or something.

but I’ve decided to not be a credit whore like I once was in high school because the number isn’t worth increasing by putting my 6’3 ass into a kiddie coaster car.

Say it! At 6'1", you'd think I'd get into most stuff. I don't know where I was last year - maybe a carnival - and I decided I'd get one of those caterpillar coaster credits. I'm not even sure the manufacturer, but I could barely get in sideways, with my knees sticking straight up. Forget about the lap bar. I sat there, decided it wasn't going to work (before attention was focused on me) then politely worked my way out of the seat and walked down the ramp.

While we're on the topic of credit whoring, I'd like to remind everyone that Kosmo's Curves is actually a good ride worth a moderate wait, and is not just for a credit.

looks like they're combining the covered bridge festival and PPP this year into one event on saturday october 10th. hopefully this event still happens and isn't cancelled because of covid. yall think flying turns and/or impulse will be open for this?

Impulse, maybe. Flying Turns was too dismantled when I was there last week to be ready for anytime this year, but stranger things have happened.

Based on posted images from a local ACE member, the trough will no longer travel upward through that last curve to the first brake run, instead, it will remain at level and move into a lift.

115887064_10158305156643145_5421806664927264589_o.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_sid=8024bb&_nc_ohc=12Zjb1NiJwMAX9ovmUf&_nc_ht=scontent.ftpa1-2.fna&oh=9a59dde505e263eae54578b62b4629a5&oe=5F47080E

If they're doing this it means that the last switchback section may have been a potential point of valleying... This will help with that and give them a higher range of speed with which they can operate it. They've always said that the coaster can't run with guests unless it consistently passes a number of speed checks throughout the circuit.

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly what even is Phoenix Phall Phunfest at this point? We go because we also like some of the stuff at the festival but it's just an 11-10 standard operating day open to everyone and a tent full of nerds that I don't go in. What else am I missing?

Edited by coasterbill

We have gone the last few years because we enjoy getting a bunch of rides on Phoenix that night and you get some free food with the festivities. It's also just because we enjoy the craft festival and the haunted overlays. So, if we are going to go that time of year, we miles well go that weekend. Seems like they'll push my reservation back a year if I want, so I'll probably opt to go that route.

Crowds on the late July Saturday I went were mild, but seating every other row on the woodies with one-train op resulted in 20-25 minute waits by mid afternoon. The only other ride with a comparable wait was StratosFear.

The Saturday I visited had fairly long wait times for most rides, and both Twister and Phoenix ran one train, and I waited like 15-20 min each. Many of the flat rides had pretty long lines that I chose not to wait in, partly because they were long, and also because it's harder to distance in many of the flat ride queues than in other rides.

Personally I'd recommend a Sunday or weekday, but you can still have fun on a Saturday.

I was there for half of Wednesday, all of Thursday and some of Friday. Impulse had people working on the lift and was testing Thursday. Parking lot guy had some rumors about Impulses lift being made quieter.

Anyone else notice the flyer ops being particularly strict this year? \

I also noticed they were rotating some of which rides were open, Satellite was running only Wednesday, Looper running Thursday and Friday and Black Diamond running Friday only.