TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Mega Dead Celebrity Thread

^ And as well... Nick Cordero. 41. Broadway actor and husband/father. A casualty of Co-Vid 19.

I put it in the Musicals thread, but he deserves to be mentioned here, too.

And here's the link to his great performance on the TONYs, when he was nominated for

Best Supporting Actor, in the musical production of "Bullets Over Broadway".

And he was in the musical "A Bronx Tale" as well.

Nick's battle with COVID has been heartbreaking to follow. I'm glad he's now no longer in pain. Major positive vibes being sent to his strong-as-heck wife; she's been so amazing in the face of pure tragedy.

They've switched from search & rescue to recovery and have pronounced her to be presumed dead. Likely drowned. Her 4-year-old was found alone, sleeping in the boat. He was wearing a child-sized life-jacket, but there was an unused adult one sitting in the boat as well. Her son told rescuers that he and his mom had been swimming but she never got back on the boat.

Lots of positive vibes being sent to her family.

^They found her body, it's been already announced.

The original cast of GLEE sure got kind of cursed, in a way.

Not that the newer members of the last seasons of the show, haven't had

their own 'stuff' to deal with. i.e. Melissa Benoist, on her sexual assault

from another (then) cast member.

Still, I send healing thoughts out to Naya's family and friends.

I *almost* never really care that much when a celebrity dies but this one sucks more than normal for some weird reason. I was always a fan and he seemed like a really down-to-earth guy.

he was really, really nice.

I met him years ago at Dragon*con, and he was very cool. ..(actually got to hang out with Adam, but briefly met Grant too).

• 1 month later...
US actor Chadwick Boseman, best known for his role in Black Panther, has died of cancer, his family say.

The 43-year-old died at home in Los Angeles with his wife and family by his side.

Boseman had not spoken publicly about his diagnosis.

"A true fighter, Chadwick persevered through it all, and brought you many of the films you have come to love so much," his family said in the statement.

"From Marshall to Da 5 Bloods, August Wilson's Ma Rainey's Black Bottom and several more- all were filmed during and between countless surgeries and chemotherapy. It was the honor of his career to bring King T'Challa to life in Black Panther.

Source

• 2 weeks later...
Actress Dame Diana Rigg, famous for roles including Emma Peel in TV series The Avengers and Olenna Tyrell in Game of Thrones, has died at the age of 82.

"She died peacefully early this morning. She was at home with her family who have asked for privacy at this difficult time," her agent said.

Dame Diana is also known for playing Tracy, the only woman who became Mrs James Bond, in 1969 film On Her Majesty's Secret Service.

She also appeared in ITV's Victoria.

She played the Duchess of Buccleuch in the royal drama, and can currently be seen playing Mrs Pumphrey in Channel 5's new adaptation of All Creatures Great and Small.

Source

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

David Prowse, 85 due to COVID-19 complications.

He helped train Christopher Reeve for his role as Superman.

But he was also the man behind the mask in the Original Trilogy--the physical portrayal of Darth Vader. (James Earl Jones did the voice)

davidprowse.jpg.ff1ecac5c16e32a8ab27433a317c2fe4.jpg

May the Force be with you.

Edited by CaptainUnknown
Updated with Cause of Death.
  • Sad 1