TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

^

I agree 100%. I really hate that some of the enthusiasts that are back at the parks have already gone back to complaining about petty things like lockers, one train ops, etc. Frankly, with everything going on in the world right now, consider yourself extremely fortunate to be visiting a park/riding a coaster at all.

Has anyone been able to cancel a reservation online with a Cedar Fair park? I logged in to CP website and was able to find a "Manage Reservation" button, entered my order number, but found no way to cancel. I really don't want to have to deal with a CSR on the phone if I don't have to. I have decided that parks just aren't going to happen for me this year.

As of right now, you need to call them. The "Reservation Portal" is only for rescheduling.

When KI first opened their reservations, I accidentally booked the wrong day and the change-online system didn't exist yet so I had to call in to cancel. Aside from the maybe 30 minutes on hold to be able to talk to someone, I had no issues.

Has anyone been able to cancel a reservation online with a Cedar Fair park? I logged in to CP website and was able to find a "Manage Reservation" button, entered my order number, but found no way to cancel. I really don't want to have to deal with a CSR on the phone if I don't have to. I have decided that parks just aren't going to happen for me this year.

If you aren't going this year, why worry about cancelling? Don't sweat it. Take care and hopefully we'll see you next year.

I think this is the year to cut parks a bit of slack. There are going to be a lot of things that are annoying and disappointing. We're enthusiasts and should understand better than anyone why some of these changes are necessary.

A few months ago we couldn't even go to a store, let alone a theme park. I definitely think everyone should be of the opinion that this year is going to be screwed up and anything we get is a bonus and something we would have killed for a few short months ago. I mean... Cedar Fair isn't even charging us for this season, right?

So okay... if you want to think that way then Steel Vengeance is a "$2 upcharge" and every other ride plus admission is free all year. You can't even get that kind of a deal at Knoebels.

Edited by coasterbill

People have been mad that the parks didn't open when it should of. Parks open and they find something that will not change your day and all and complain about it. I just learned that some people will complain about anything. You could give them a free locker and would complain that the locker is free.

truthfully the $2 is worth the peace of mind. I hate having anything in my pockets I am worried the whole ride that something might come out. Rather enjoy the ride and give the park a few bucks. Also this year that 2 dollars might mean more to the park than me.

The ride lines closing early is interesting, I was at Kings Island Sunday and got in line right about closing with no issues. With that said the line was about a 4 train wait.

^^Keep in mind that some days are already full and there are plenty of people waiting and hoping for spots to open up.

That's why I want to cancel. I just wish they'd make it as easy to cancel as it is to sign up.

edit: I called and got bounced around to a few different people and then put on hold. I gave up and moved my reservation out as far as I could, hoping there is a better system for cancellation in place before then.

Also, the 'contact us' link on the website said, "Give us a call or send a note..." Couldn't find a number. I had to google to get the guest services phone number.

So okay... if you want to think that way then Steel Vengeance is a "$2 upcharge" and every other ride plus admission is free all year. You can't even get that kind of a deal at Knoebels.

Great point! I'll go with this perspective from now on. CF really is providing pass holders with great value, (nearly) two seasons for the price of one.

The ride lines closing early is interesting, I was at Kings Island Sunday and got in line right about closing with no issues. With that said the line was about a 4 train wait.

Millennium Force isn't going to have a 4 train wait though. Especially not now. If it did, they wouldn't close it early that day.

This all makes sense since the park needs to try to salvage something of this season financially and they have no staff, so they probably don't feel like paying people overtime or needing more than one shift.

This all makes sense since the park needs to try to salvage something of this season financially and they have no staff, so they probably don't feel like paying people overtime or needing more than one shift.

Did the overtime laws change in Ohio for seasonal amusement venues this year? I'm guessing paying overtime still isn't a thing at the park... but besides the point (ha), I get what you're saying.

Based on early reviews of the park on day #1 it sounds like a shitshow. Return passes (wannabe freeway) for the big 3 that were still open but still several hour waits with a return time. Yikes.

bRiNg It BaCk!!!!

d372110a8933bfb8a89e85a1fbb972e5.jpg

So, KI is now selling FP+ (no regular FP, just +) Just bought some online. Wonder if CP will do the same? Since we will be at CP for two days I am probably more likely to wait until we get there and scope it out. Will keep my eye on it.

^^Cedar Point is a bit of an operational show show right now with half the rides closed and 1-3 hour lines even after handing out “boarding passes” for Steel Vengeance, Millennium, and Maverick. Even ADA lines were backed up down the respective staircases of each coaster. Kings Island seems to be off to a much smoother start so it makes sense that they would reimplement Fast Lane Plus, but I definitely don’t see that working at Cedar Point any time soon.

With that being said, my friends and I still had a wonderful time at the park today despite high temps, long lines, and lots of closures. It’s simply a special place to be (with some truly kickass coasters) and I’m just glad I got the chance to visit while I’m on this side of the country.

On a negative note, they’ve demolished the trees around Red Garter Saloon and Panda Express and it has absolutely ruined the area. Does anyone know when this happened and/or why?

0D34E1D4-87F9-4DB6-A282-20874711E307.thumb.jpeg.011b77bded6bc3dda49ed52ff317a30a.jpeg

Only coasters closed were TTD, Rougarou, Gemini, Blues Streak, and Corkscrew day 1.

Thanks from Tony last night indicates Fast Lane problems should be solved now and work as normal if you have one.

Only coasters closed were TTD, Rougarou, Gemini, Blues Streak, and Corkscrew day 1.

Tweets from Tony last night indicates Fast Lane problems should be solved now and work as normal if you have one.

Other major closures include Wicked Twister, Maxair, and Snake River Falls. Along with most other flats.

So 6 coasters. Snake River Falls was expected. Interested to see if those stay closed as Im heading there Thursday. TTD is the one id like to re-open the most as it was down when I went last year.

Why does everyone always call out Kings Island for the B&M rattle? Gatekeeper and Valraven rattle worse than any of the rides at Kings Island.

Never had an issue with Valravn but I have always been loud about how Gatekeeper can be one or the worst coasters in the back row the way it shakes and shimmies you down further into the seat and the vest squeezes the life out of you.

Like Beast I only try to ride it in the front. Valravn always excellent in every row.