TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

I rode Batman at SFFT and hated it.. like really hated it.

Then I tried Joker at both SFGAdv and SFGAm (for the credit lol) and they were both much more tolerable but not something I would ride more than once a trip. So maybe I need to give each one a shot.

I rode Batman at SFFT and hated it.. like really hated it.

Then I tried Joker at both SFGAdv and SFGAm (for the credit lol) and they were both much more tolerable but not something I would ride more than once a trip. So maybe I need to give each one a shot.

Batman at SFFT is the first one they installed, and flips more than many of the others.

You have to ride it aggressively: Restraint as tight as you can get it, and pushed back into the seat (arms pushing you back from the restraint bars). if you flip WITH the seats? it's a fantastic ride. If you go in "loose"?. . it will toss you like being inside a dryer with every flip and knock the crap out of you.

Arashi at Nagashima Spaland flips more than any S&S Freespin I've EVER been on. seriously. but I really liked it. among my faves in the park - hell, bought both a T-shirt and a magnet featuring it.

Free Spins arent for everyone, but they're still a decent addition for any park. Cheap to build, dont take up much room, and maintenance doesnt seem bad since Six Flags is able to keep theirs running reliably. I wonder if this is a one off, or if we'll start seeing them at multiple CF parks.

I definitely don't see it as a negative for any small to medium park. Will one of these show up at Point? Probably not. But for KD I think it would be an awesome addition even tho personally I dont really enjoy the flipping.

I also wouldn't mind at all if CF took a page from the SF book and added these to multiple parks, maybe Valleyfair and/or MIA (haha who am I kidding right?) and WoF could all be candidates for one of these if it goes over well at KD or if there is one of those mythical package deals where they get a discount to buy more than one.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Some pics from the park in April 2010.

Intimidator 305 had only been open about a week.

This was I believe a week or so after Easter, but the park was dead. I ended up getting about 7 rides on I-305 and greyed out on each and every one!

Enjoy!

383833074_VATrip010.thumb.JPG.06ce2a4efcc1088bd69d7ff21eef23ed.JPG

329175060_VATrip011.thumb.JPG.623968f6d6491a5abc28d909deed556e.JPG

1782631791_VATrip012.thumb.JPG.7748d62d5360ac77b50cee3a5d61457d.JPG

1749815147_VATrip013.thumb.JPG.e5b9409062d42248d872efba0fe8e6ec.JPG

1497747192_VATrip014.thumb.JPG.10982699f2907574b2495342b6d63377.JPG

1330243714_VATrip015.thumb.JPG.2ac453592cc9548d4f8d75c9e375d0b2.JPG

1809025166_VATrip016.thumb.JPG.5a1e2298cae97fb58db891b507777641.JPG

826596449_VATrip017.thumb.JPG.2c62f4da48a12f88f0ec0c4beb45b170.JPG

1809027023_VATrip018.thumb.JPG.71a3171c522c7c67606dd691aad6c5f1.JPG

2038510584_VATrip019.thumb.JPG.d593f4d174aab125791edcaa1cdcd264.JPG

492370791_VATrip020.thumb.JPG.3d4193278083401c89da3892eae8ecf3.JPG

1856073136_VATrip021.thumb.JPG.52d1a26ae6f70ba44c9621def3cf7fc9.JPG

988167157_VATrip022.thumb.JPG.397326475cfe84c13e8cd9766e96d4e3.JPG

1316959572_VATrip023.thumb.JPG.21a2f18d19370fba8ce3ac7921ea8b25.JPG

1759597496_VATrip024.thumb.JPG.1093c3f74a01a7af4c4be8f9d683fe8d.JPG

428065711_VATrip025.thumb.JPG.03c17a30836394b81a8873d0f7d314d4.JPG

743153754_VATrip026.thumb.JPG.2f92a35ad3d97e5462b5317e6499fb96.JPG

410291907_VATrip027.thumb.JPG.a9e6ac1cf367197893e6b97c81a8fbda.JPG

1015268188_VATrip028.thumb.JPG.32c0061d2e09253de85d4fb8aa99248d.JPG

1180643272_VATrip032.thumb.JPG.b728184b591e3aad5d397d1b9472a15d.JPG

1967173271_VATrip033.thumb.JPG.7872eac5486fee5a365fe9dac1da8b85.JPG

602483016_VATrip034.thumb.JPG.422ae3b2d02751c3470d27fcf9633fd4.JPG

712771370_VATrip035.thumb.JPG.5bd55635d283801645561f05f7dfcace.JPG

1670194372_VATrip287.thumb.JPG.29eca154126fd5e73ccbe42b669df56f.JPG

1072676592_VATrip288.thumb.JPG.faa4beee2322e11631bd532a21a75724.JPG

• 1 month later...

CF should file a lawsuit to force his hand like they did in Ohio. I'd say get SEAS to join in for BGW, but we all know they're not in the best financial position right now...

CF should file a lawsuit to force his hand like they did in Ohio. I'd say get SEAS to join in for BGW, but we all know they're not in the best financial position right now...

No they shouldn't do that right now. With cases rising parks are the last thing that should open. After watching videos from Indiana Beach people obviously can't follow social distancing.

No they shouldn't do that right now. With cases rising parks are the last thing that should open. After watching videos from Indiana Beach people obviously can't follow social distancing.

I can't this enough.

I'll counter. Everything Kings Island did was impressive, down to letting you out row by row so there is no crowding at the exit. I was really impressed and other than a few bad parents and teenagers everyone was following the rules.

I think it's tough to imagine going to a restaurant or theme park until you are able to go and experience it for yourself. I am not slouching on any health/safety measures.

I'll counter. Everything Kings Island did was impressive, down to letting you out row by row so there is no crowding at the exit. I was really impressed and other than a few bad parents and teenagers everyone was following the rules.

I think it's tough to imagine going to a restaurant or theme park until you are able to go and experience it for yourself. I am not slouching on any health/safety measures.

That's interesting to hear about how KI is handling things! - However, like you said... "Other than a few bad parents and teenagers..." - Which that right there is the problem. It just takes ONE bad parent, or teenager to create a MASSIVE issue for hundreds of people... and I feel like most of the country just doesn't grasp that yet.

"Number of cases" is a worthless metric that will of course be skyrocketing now that they're conducting more testing. "Hospitalizations" is a better number to pay attention to, but the media never mentions that number, because for most of the country it doesn't fit their "the sky is falling" narrative.

My local newspaper is one of the few that does. For example, despite a "massive increase!!!!11!" of 132 positive cases in Delaware reported Saturday, we currently have only 53 people hospitalized and a whopping 15 that are considered critical. And they are decidedly left-wing and were claiming it was the end of days when this COVID nonsense started. Those two numbers have been plummeting the past few weeks, despite more and more reopenings...Delaware is pretty much back to normal activity, albeit at reduced food service/retail capacity.

Indiana Beach may be the worst example you could possibly reference. Plenty of other parks are getting by just fine, with people for the most part "following the rules," and there is no difference between Virginia and Ohio or Pennsylvania or New Jersey or any other state where parks have opened that calls for Virginia to maintain their closure.

Edited by Mike240SX

That's interesting to hear about how KI is handling things! - However, like you said... "Other than a few bad parents and teenagers..." - Which that right there is the problem. It just takes ONE bad parent, or teenager to create a MASSIVE issue for hundreds of people... and I feel like most of the country just doesn't grasp that yet.

Right, and they were in their own 6ft space/group. I don't have the right answers or solutions but I felt comfortable and was able to distance myself from them. Ride ops were calling out people not covering their noses etc. I really don't believe we can be 100% on this - some people are just gonna be stupid dumb bitches.

I think if you're expecting every single person in the country to follow rules before things open up then we'll be waiting forever. There's always going to be a few people that refuse to go with the grain no matter what the issue is. I think if we can even get 75% compliance that's a great accomplishment.

"Number of cases" is a worthless metric that will of course be skyrocketing now that they're conducting more testing. "Hospitalizations" is a better number to pay attention to, but the media never mentions that number, because for most of the country it doesn't fit their "the sky is falling" narrative.

My local newspaper is one of the few that does. For example, despite a "massive increase!!!!11!" of 132 positive cases in Delaware reported Saturday, we currently have only 53 people hospitalized and a whopping 15 that are considered critical. And they are decidedly left-wing and were claiming it was the end of days when this COVID nonsense started. Those two numbers have been plummeting the past few weeks, despite more and more reopenings...Delaware is pretty much back to normal activity, albeit at reduced food service/retail capacity.

Indiana Beach may be the worst example you could possibly reference. Plenty of other parks are getting by just fine, with people for the most part "following the rules," and there is no difference between Virginia and Ohio or Pennsylvania or New Jersey or any other state where parks have opened that calls for Virginia to maintain their closure.

I've seen more motivated reasoning on this forum lurking over the past few months than anywhere else on the internet, but this guy is the grand champion.

Caseload isn't "meaningless". If you have 10 million cases but a .02% CFR you're still at 200,000 deaths. The more cases you have, the more raw individuals that .02% represents in terms of hospitalizations and deaths.

There are serious hospital capacity issues in Arizona and major cities in Texas right now, as well as a brewing potential hospital capacity issue in Nevada. We don't know what the hospital capacity situation is really like in Florida because they don't publicly report all of their hospitalization numbers.

It's nice and I suppose convenient for you word salad that Delaware has a limited number of cases, but Delaware also has roughly the same population as Fort Worth, Texas.

Companies should not be rushing to sue states for reopening because the conditions are fundamentally different on the ground in every individual place. The comparisons are irrelevant, no matter how much we want to rely on local news reports to satisfy our motivated reasoning instead of doing the actual work ourselves.

Each place should be making decisions based on what is the best advice of the public health experts in their area, not what some person who really wants something to be true on a theme park message board says about an entirely different place, while misunderstanding the purpose of counting caseload.

The situation in Virginia right now looks a lot like the situation in Florida, Texas and Arizona in the weeks leading up to their problems and not whatsoever like the state of Delaware where barely 900,000 live. Maybe that's why they're airing on the side of caution.

No, you know what? I bet you it's a grand conspiracy involving the media, science, the public health community and an entire political party to gin up "hysteria" because a couple of doofuses on the internet think so.

I'm not sure if everyone noticed but this is a Kings Dominion thread not a forum for political pissing matches. I understand there's overlap right now between covid and theme parks but jesus...

Can you guys talk about Apple Zapple or something?

Edit: Seriously STOP POSTING ABOUT THIS. You won't get a congratulatory blowjob for getting the last word in and all you'll accomplish is wasting tons and tons of time writing up posts that we delete immediately.

Edited by coasterbill