Chuck's TPR Shameless Nostalgia Trip Thread

Update: Oktoberfest 2017!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Re: Chuck's TPR Shameless Nostalgia Trip Thread

Postby The Great Zo » Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:16 pm

I'm very glad that there is photographic evidence of me on Insane so that I never have to ride it again. :lmao:

That was a great trip. I miss Chiapas.
-- Andy
Trip Reports: 2013 BG/KD -- 2013 TPR -- 2014 KI -- 2014 TPR -- 2015 TPR -- 2015 CP -- 2017 FL
Trip Reports: 2017 CP -- 2017 TPR -- 2018 FC -- 2018 CA -- 2019 CP -- 2019 Euro -- 2019 GC

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:57 am

^I'm glad to have performed such a valuable service for you, Andy. I rode Insane a few times back in 2009, but in 2016 once was enough (it's still fun, but so intense).

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:33 pm

Oktoberfest 2017

Back to Europe, but with a few differences:

1. Go in September, not the summer.
2. Fly to Munich.
3. See castles and other cultural stuff, in addition to visiting parks and riding coasters.

We were in Munich for some little local celebration you may have heard of. Something called "Oktoberfest."

001.jpg

This event is renowned for something, but my memory of is a bit fuzzy. Hmm . . . what could it be? It's right on the tip of my tongue . . . oh, let's get to the photos. I'm sure it'll come to me.
002.jpg
I do vaguely remember riding this at Oktoberfest, but that wasn't the only thing about the celebration.
003.jpg
Oh, well . . . spot the guy with the brass balls! Win a kewpie doll!
004.jpg
I recall that we had to run to see this fountain go off or we'd miss it. It was rather impressive.
005.jpg
And they say Disneyland's castle is tiny. Why, I could crush this dollhouse with one blow!
007.jpg
There was a ride with FIRE at Oktoberfest, but that wasn't the main attraction, either.
008.jpg
Bayern was a very pretty little German park, but this launched coaster was a wee bit rough.
009.jpg
This weird water slide was fun . . .
010.jpg
. . . but this odd powered coaster at Skyline Park, not so much.
011.jpg
Dueling Nautic Jets!
012.jpg
This Devil's Wheel thing at Oktoberfest made people feel giddy. Perhaps it's a clue . . .
013.jpg
Meanwhile back at Holiday Park, they still have the best themed Premiere Sky Rocket 2 . . .
014.jpg
. . . and the amazing GeForce. So pretty at sunset.
015.jpg
It was a bit rainy at Phantasialand, so I had trouble getting decent photos of Taron. Spectacular theming, and a very good, not quite great, ride.
016.jpg
Yay! Hollywood Tour still exists!
017.jpg
As the sun sets on the Hotel Ling Bao, I wonder , , ,
018.jpg
, , , is Oktoberfest about more than big sausages--and puerile imagery on signs?
019.jpg
Well, there was the great joy Joey had on this slide. Surely there was more.
020.jpg
Europa Park taught us about the threat posed by ANGRY CORN!
021.jpg
It's fall at Europa, so we may as well take in the, er, relaxing autumnal sights.
022.jpg
We weren't at Europa at the right time to experience their "haunt," but they gave us a great backstage tour.
023.jpg
Yes, I had poffertjes with ice cream. Don't judge.
024.jpg
But what was the point? I mean, this spinning coaster with the crazy light show was fun, but what was it about Oktoberfest?
025.jpg
Maybe a ride on Gold Rush at Slagharen will jog my memory.
026.jpg
Nope--not ringing any bells, but this was a great ride.
027.jpg
Movie Park has its problem, but it does have a good ride in Star Trek: Operation Enterprise.
028.jpg
Set course for fun--engage!
029.jpg
But getting back to what was really important at Oktoberfest . . . dang, what could it be?
030.jpg
Help me out here, guys.
031.jpg
Oh yeah--that's it. And that's all for now.

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby ObeyTheShihTzu! » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:06 pm

cfc wrote:Oktoberfest 2017

Back to Europe, but with a few differences:

1. Go in September, not the summer.
2. Fly to Munich.
3. See castles and other cultural stuff, in addition to visiting parks and riding coasters.

We were in Munich for some little local celebration you may have heard of. Something called "Oktoberfest."

This event is renowned for something, but my memory of is a bit fuzzy. Hmm . . . what could it be? It's right on the tip of my tongue . . . oh, let's get to the photos. I'm sure it'll come to me.

Those pix of Angry Corn will forever give me nightmares. ;) (But enjoyed your Nostalgia Trip, Chuck! Thanks.)

Alice

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!