TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

Fair point. I just saw all those open reservations for the weekdays following opening weekend and... yeah, it looked like it would be a ghost town, especially Wednesday July 8. Thursday 2nd and Friday 3rd are booked solid. Every other day after that is wide open. Hope this news stays true, I'm sure plenty of pass holders would love to scoop up those empty days and that second Saturday!

epic? giga coasters should exist for air time. this is as much a waste as beheemot and millenium force

I don't even know where to start with this. First of all Coaster enthusiasts probably make up less than 1% of a parks Annual visitors and revenue. They simply don't make decisions based on what we want. For the people who pay the bills (the General Public) this will probably be a huge hit.

Presumably this ride doesn't focus on airtime because they have a very similar ride on the opposite side of the park which does and it doesn't make sense to invest 30million dollars replicating a ride you already have.

So thems the breaks kids. If you dont like it you can either find 30 million dollars to build your own ride, or get another hobby.

epic? giga coasters should exist for air time. this is as much a waste as beheemot and millenium force

I don't even know where to start with this. First of all Coaster enthusiasts probably make up less than 1% of a parks Annual visitors and revenue. They simply don't make decisions based on what we want. For the people who pay the bills (the General Public) this will probably be a huge hit.

Presumably this ride doesn't focus on airtime because they have a very similar ride on the opposite side of the park which does and it doesn't make sense to invest 30million dollars replicating a ride you already have.

So thems the breaks kids. If you dont like it you can either find 30 million dollars to build your own ride, or get another hobby.

Don’t feed the troll. At least I hope they’re a troll.

Don’t feed the troll. At least I hope they’re a troll.

but which troll, this is simply a high coaster.

I thought that with fury cedar fair he had learned to make decent coasters.

I was wrong

Then don't go to the park and/or don't ride Orion out of protest. The park won't miss you, and I'll appreciate one less person in front of me in line.

So it looks like Orion doesn't have bins and will likely require lockers. Does anyone have a list of locker specific coasters at KI?

I know Cedar Point has a list of ones you need it on, and I will likely just by the moveable one for both days I am there, is that an option at KI, and is it needed?

So it looks like Orion doesn't have bins and will likely require fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo. Does anyone have a list of fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo specific coasters at KI?

I know Cedar Point has a list of ones you need it on, and I will likely just by the moveable one for both days I am there, is that an option at KI, and is it needed?

Orion, Banshee, Mystic Timbers. Cargo shorts are a great investment!

Check out the new ACTUAL POV that Kings Island released of Orion today!

[fbvideonew]

[/fbvideonew]

YES!...that SURE looks like a FUN, exhilarating coaster to ME (in my humble..well maybe not so humble...opinion)! Those dynamic drops 'n dips 'n curves look enticing, & I can see so many park goers having a helluva good time on Orion. (I simply do not get why every new coaster built must be designed with the aim of "gray-outs" and wishing that you hadn't eaten anything in the last 24 hours! ) Thanks Kings Island for pleasing ALL of your patrons.

Alice

I realise I could lose any street cred I had left by making this observation as this is 'peak geek', but I noticed there is no antirollback noise at all. It looks like B&M are using the same system as Intamin now where rollback dogs only engage when the train slows/stops as it appears there is a fin to the right of the antirollbacks.

I realise I could lose any street cred I had left by making this observation as this is 'peak geek', but I noticed there is no antirollback noise at all. It looks like B&M are using the same system as Intamin now where rollback dogs only engage when the train slows/stops as it appears there is a fin to the right of the antirollbacks.

That is awesome! Thanks for calling that out!

Is the sound at 1:08 over the speed hill the upstop wheels engaging? It seems more like maybe the mic moved or wind changed since the sound is different the rest of the way.

Every giga other than SD2000 has focused on maintaining speed over its airtime moments. The amount and type of airtime varies for both gigas and hypers. For example, I305 and MF both have more ejector airtime than every B&M combined and probably transverse as much track while airborne as Diamondback and more than I232 and SD2000.

I couldn't hear much because of the wind noise, but if you can hear a clunk over every hill then it's just the antirollbacks lifting up/falling back into place with the airtime that this coaster apparently doesn't have. You can also hear a similar clunk towards the bottom on Dive Coasters and on the slow inline twists that Wing Coasters have.

(Now that my street cred has totally gone, I'm doubling down on the nerdiness)

Is the sound at 1:08 over the speed hill the upstop wheels engaging? It seems more like maybe the mic moved or wind changed since the sound is different the rest of the way.

I'm guessing they had some sort of windguard over the microphone up until that point... then it flew off.

Looks like a pretty sweet ride. Very fast. Relentless. Totally different from Diamondback.

I noticed the same thing, but didn't post anything because I figured I'd be the only one who noticed or cared! Hahaha. But yes, it looks like they installed a magnetic strip alongside the antirollbacks like Intamin did on their early hypers to help reduce noise. I believe this lift is faster too, or it at least looks like it.

YES!...that SURE looks like a FUN, exhilarating coaster to ME (in my humble..well maybe not so humble...opinion)! Those dynamic drops 'n dips 'n curves look enticing, & I can see so many park goers having a helluva good time on Orion. (I simply do not get why every new coaster built must be designed with the aim of "gray-outs" and wishing that you hadn't eaten anything in the last 24 hours! ) Thanks Kings Island for pleasing ALL of your patrons.

Alice

I think people overlook this a bit because they want something "better than anything else." SV, i305, etc. are fantastic coasters because they're crazy, but for some they're literally too much. I think what makes Diamondback so great is how incredibly rerideable it is, and I have NO doubt Orion will be the same, especially considering it clocks 90+ mph!

I was just hoping for a little more twist to the layout, like Fury. Those little pops out of your seat on each transition are pretty awesome. Orion is using the terrain, but I would have loved to have seen them turn left and use the woods, instead of going straight back by the Beast. No doubt this will be a really fun coaster, and it's pointless to judge until you ride it. It has a lot of potential, but so did the space they looked had an opportunity to use.

I realise I could lose any street cred I had left by making this observation as this is 'peak geek', but I noticed there is no antirollback noise at all.

Fanboys be all like, "B&M lift hills are quiet because they're boring. RMC lift hills are loud because they're soooo intense!!"

I realise I could lose any street cred I had left by making this observation as this is 'peak geek', but I noticed there is no antirollback noise at all.

Fanboys be all like, "B&M lift hills are quiet because they're boring. RMC lift hills are loud because they're soooo intense!!"

I love it