TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

p. 624 - New Epic Universe details, including Isle of Berk!

I'm curious about JK's thoughts on sightlines with this coaster and Hogsmeade.

Seriously, though, it looks wild. Kinda like Maverick and Taron had a baby that grew up big.

Seriously, though, it looks wild. Kinda like Maverick and Taron had a baby that grew up big.

That's what I was thinking!! Hopefully it rides like those two coasters!

Why aren't more people talking about this ride?!

I didn't even know about it until a few weeks, maybe a month ago.

I’ve never been more excited about a Universal addition. I don’t know any other way to say it: this thing looks sexy. I also love how they’re putting up a unique, unexpected new element every day.

Looks incredible, I'm glad they've been able to continue work on it. With all the new coasters being built in the Tampa/Orlando area, it looks I’ll be making another Florida trip next year!

Edited by VegasBaby

Ummm, whut

RMC and Alan Schilke really changed the landscape in coaster design, man. Everyone's beginning to adopt these outer-banked turns, stalls, etc. Embrace the twisty!!!

For the virtual queue, do they open it at the official park opening time or is it open immediately once you're scanned through the gate? I was curious if Hagrid's is going to become a Rise of the Resistance esque lottery system.

For the virtual queue, do they open it at the official park opening time or is it open immediately once you're scanned through the gate? I was curious if Hagrid's is going to become a Rise of the Resistance esque lottery system.

From my experience yesterday, it is a lottery type situation. I tried many times from 10am-11ish with no luck. Then all of a sudden, times opened up at 12:30, 1, and 2pm. I ended up going at 1:15. Still waited about 20-25 minutes since there is a lot of social distancing in line.

Once we got on the coaster, they filled every row. They still give you hand sanitizer before you boarded, and they cleaned each train after you exited. Good luck!

Every other ride in the park was about a 5-10 minute wait. Very manageable.

Meanwhile in Korea, on a 32c weekend, people staying away of their own free will:

103252500_3268003006557549_7652649846155516402_o.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_sid=e007fa&_nc_ohc=Q8IWTO60nzMAX8ztyNs&_nc_ht=scontent-gmp1-1.xx&oh=0a53e08de34df558c5fb8998e8e8073a&oe=5F0D0DDA

Although it could also be that although the small indoor area is open, the park is charging $50 dollar for entry and the wave pool is the only pool open in the whole park (not even the lazy river) and only running one flume, their signature attraction Mega Storm.

They are recommending social distancing even in the pools though:

rrree.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Some sources (such as this one, though exact details are unverified) are reporting that a lot of the people laid off were from non guest-facing positions, such as from marketing, or Universal Creative, and in a few cases those people had years of experience with the company.

I've been noticing a significant amount of shakeups impacting a lot of creative friends and colleagues these past few weeks alone... The design side of the theme park business is going to look remarkably different once this all settles down.

Edited by A.J.