TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

I know, I got really excited a week or so ago when the lead story was not about covid until I realized it was a fatal car accident. Yikes.

I would love to know if the reporter dredged these two up or if they contacted the station.

Those two Karens can STFU. The first Karen said she's paid for a membership she hasn't been able to use for four months... The park would have been closed for the majority of that time. "I'm not really... sure... if we will get memberships again next year." LOL ooookay.

The second Karen is complaining about the masks, but she's not going to the park regardless... because of safety... but she doesn't want to wear a mask... uh.

WTF is the news going to talk about when (if) all of this is over? I guess there'll always be the nightly shootings.

444514245_OhnotheKarensarestupidtoo.thumb.jpg.d2e0b91cd713a88d60b98baa60a3ccc4.jpg

Oh no, the Karens are stupid too!

The second Karen is complaining about the masks, but she's not going to the park regardless... because of safety... but she doesn't want to wear a mask... uh.

A couple months ago we had to draw the comparison that our grandfathers had to fight a war to save our neighbors, we were asked to stay at home and that is it.

And now if you want to get out of the house and do things again that doesn't change that we need keep protecting our neighbors. The price for that is a mask. That is it.

Regarding getting a refund on SF Memberships, I don't think it's a fair judgement to write off these ladies and their concerns as being emblematic of being "Karens." I bought 4 Memberships last year, for me and my three older kids, and I've seriously considered whether I want to refund them lately. If it was just me, I'd let it slide, not care, and consider it a donation to the stability of the park chain. For four, however, that adds up, and is a hefty sum to be dishing out, without any return on the investment, if we don't end up getting any use out of them this year as a result of all this. It's sad, as I'd like to support Six Flags, but I also am not wealthy enough to write off money that ultimately serves no purpose. This is all a completely logical, and reasonable stance, and opinion. Holding that perspective doesn't make me a "Karen", and doesn't make me "entitled", or any other negative word people throw around to try and shame those that don't hold their same viewpoint. I think it's sad we live in a time where society has become so divisive, pitting person against person, promoting public shaming, and where even trying to enjoy a lifelong hobby like roller coasters often leads into getting bogged down with negativity, judgement, and name calling.

I still hold out hope to visit some SF parks this year, perhaps even SFStL. But at the moment, the feasibility of that is very much up in the air, and especially for people like myself, where going to parks is a family affair, it's not as simple of an issue as I think a lot of non-family enthusiasts tend to think it is. Walk a mile in my shoes (or the shoes of the ladies from the article), and then we'll see what your perspective on this issue is...

Regarding getting a refund on SF Memberships, I don't think it's a fair judgement to write off these ladies and their concerns as being emblematic of being "Karens." I bought 4 Memberships last year, for me and my three older kids, and I've seriously considered whether I want to refund them lately. If it was just me, I'd let it slide, not care, and consider it a donation to the stability of the park chain. For four, however, that adds up, and is a hefty sum to be dishing out, without any return on the investment, if we don't end up getting any use out of them this year as a result of all this. It's sad, as I'd like to support Six Flags, but I also am not wealthy enough to write off money that ultimately serves no purpose. This is all a completely logical, and reasonable stance, and opinion. Holding that perspective doesn't make me a "Karen", and doesn't make me "entitled", or any other negative word people throw around to try and shame those that don't hold their same viewpoint. I think it's sad we live in a time where society has become so divisive, pitting person against person, promoting public shaming, and where even trying to enjoy a lifelong hobby like roller coasters often leads into getting bogged down with negativity, judgement, and name calling.

I still hold out hope to visit some SF parks this year, perhaps even SFStL. But at the moment, the feasibility of that is very much up in the air, and especially for people like myself, where going to parks is a family affair, it's not as simple of an issue as I think a lot of non-family enthusiasts tend to think it is. Walk a mile in my shoes (or the shoes of the ladies from the article), and then we'll see what your perspective on this issue is...

There is a pause option.

I used it because the free upgrade to Elite, for me, just isn't all that appealing.

Isn't every month the park is closed added for free onto the end of your membership?

Yes but that only kicks in when you cancel.

It seems best if you are at a seasonal park to cancel early summer and get the rest of the summer and early fall free, and then sign up again at the beginning of the next season. I don't exactly trust them to remember that they owe me a few months several years from now.

I know, I got really excited a week or so ago when the lead story was not about covid until I realized it was a fatal car accident. Yikes.

Same here, except the lead story (and the next couple of stories following that) were about massive flooding due to heavy rain and a dam failure

In case you didn't hear, SDC has announced a June 15 open (13 and 14 for passholders) All the expected restrictions in place. But I would assume (which could be dangerous) that they received permission from the state so I don't see any reason why SFSTL and WOF couldn't have a similar date.

There is a pause option.

I used it because the free upgrade to Elite, for me, just isn't all that appealing.

Yeah, at first I thought the upgrade, and extension of the passes was a pretty good perk, but as this has played out, I'm just not sure any of that really matters to me anymore, in the grand scheme of things. Especially since I'm at a different level of Membership than my kids are already.

I just had my latest dues taken out today, which was especially rough, since we drove right past a shuttered SFGAm yesterday, and couldn't go and use what I've already paid for. I'll give it another month, see how things go, and decide whether pausing is the better option going forward from July on.

In case you didn't hear, SDC has announced a June 15 open (13 and 14 for passholders) All the expected restrictions in place. But I would assume (which could be dangerous) that they received permission from the state so I don't see any reason why SFSTL and WOF couldn't have a similar date.
Different counties different restrictions. Six Flags has to wait for the blessing from St. Louis County.

I get that, which is why I said a similar date, I realize it might be a bit later. But I think it is clear that is the beginning of the end and I still think it means the other MO parks won't be far behind. Besides even though the Covid cases were much lower in Taney County they are quite aware that opening up Branson will bring a lot of people down from KC and STL so.....

Different counties. Different states. Different cities..... different restrictions.

Life at the present time. I hope everybody is able to deal with all the changes going on.

Four major hurdles for me. COVID, rotator cuff tear, newborn, and now, riots. This year has been an absolute whirlwind dumpster fire. Playing hockey or a beer/coaster day would be a great release, but no... I'd give my left one for a few rides on the eagle with Emily.

SF and CF visits will probably be a mixture of chaos and watered down experiences, but at least it would be better than nothing. You don't realize what you have, until it's gone. The only positive has been the market opportunities, if you're not at retirement age.

Zach, hold on just a bit longer, I REALLY think there will be a happy announcement soon. That's all I can say! And if you want I will meet you guys at the park and take a turn watching the baby so you can ride with your wife. Although there is probably something in the good parents manuel about not letting the strange lady you met online babysit......But I never read that book anyway

On another note we are going to spend a day at SDC on Wed 6/17, so I will let you all know how the experience goes and how waterdowned it is. They are getting a ton of flak on their facebook page about the mask requirement. But I'm not sure what people expected, it was obviously something they had to do to get approval to open.

I have no patience for the anti-mask movement. Current numbers show a 75% reduction in transmission (newest WHO data suggests that might even be 85%) if everyone wears them. If you want to do stuff before there's effective prophylaxis and/or a confirmed treatment then that's going to be the price we pay to prevent healthcare system breakdowns (and the associated deaths of course).

Some states have tried maskless reopening already and they're seeing spikes in new cases.

The choice is masks or stay at home orders.

Anyways hopefully Six Flags is paying attention to Universal Studios. They've set up rest areas that are large open spaces where they're allowing some mask off time. You can definitely get sweaty under them so that's welcome.

While I strongly endorse wearing masks, and wear one when I go into public spaces/stores, the minimum age requirement for wearing a mask at the park is concerning. Disney is requiring masks for children over two. I think I saw somewhere that Six Flags was going to do the same. How am I supposed to make my four year old wear a mask for five or six hours in 90+ degree heat? If he takes it off are they going to kick us out? The Zoo and the Aquarium have an age minimum of nine. Much more reasonable. I know everyone is trying to be safe and do the right thing, but making a two year old wear a mask? Anyone with kids knows that is not feasible.

Mike

Then don't go with young children until this fiasco is over. Problem solved.

Otherwise, those kids could become asymptomatic carriers and lead to the death of the entire world. Just like everyone else.

Probably the best route to go.

those kids could become asymptomatic carriers and lead to the death of the entire world.

They'll be little nuclear missiles wiping out civilization, again.

Probably the best route to go.

those kids could become asymptomatic carriers and lead to the death of the entire world.

They'll be little nuclear missiles wiping out civilization, again.

Mike240, Obviously you don't have children. Thank goodness for the rest of us that you are not contributing to the gene pool.

Zach, I know you are new to the whole parenting thing, but you'll know what I'm talking about a couple years from now.

Mike

Mike240, Obviously you don't have children. Thank goodness for the rest of us that you are not contributing to the gene pool.

Mike

A little extreme reaction, don't you think?

If masks are important for people to wear (I'm not saying they are), they're important for kids to wear, too. One's age does not affect their ability to contract/carry a disease. Just because they will naturally fidget with the masks, it doesn't make them exempt from biology. Thus, if masks are necessary at Location X, but kids can't wear masks, you obviously can't/shouldn't take kids to Location X. I fail to see what about that statement garnered your reaction. Sorry if the truth hurts.

That is, if you buy into the whole "masks will save us all" ideology.

My secondary comment about them being the harbingers of doom was obviously sarcastic. Maybe it's a shame that your non-sarcasm-detecting genes have been passed on to future generations.