TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Phantasialand Discussion Thread

Dude this thing looks like the anti-B&M flyer model. It's ripping through those turns! Not even Tatsu carries that much speed through the turns.

Right?! I was blown away by the speed at which it was taking those turns! I can't wait to give this thing a go in 2021!! Looks like an amazing coaster, and a great addition to the park!

• 4 weeks later...

Phantasialand will be opening on May 29th.

header-fragen-icon-schmal_02.jpeg

https://www.phantasialand.de/en/current-information-to-the-opening/

We are currently working intensively on the reopening. We want you to have a park experience where fun and joy are in harmony with the protection to health. The safety of our guests and employees is always our highest prioroty.

It is importent to us that Phantasialand is a place of joy where everyone feels comfortable. We want you to be able to spend a carefree day with your family, on which you can leave the daily life behind and share happy experiences. Therefore we have decided to open the theme park to a limited number of guests until further notice. You therefor need an online ticket prior to your visit, which you must purchase in advance for a certain date. These day tickets are only available in our online-shop. First we will start with the ticket sale until the end of June.

In addition, we have developed regulations on distance and hygiene, which apply immediatly in Phantasialand.

Mutual respect makes the shared experience possible in this days and age. So let us take care of each other and experience fantastic things togeter in our lively themed worlds.

Further information will follow soon.

So, the only information made public so far is that Phantasialand, like everyone else, will be using day reservation tickets to limit their capacity. If you've already bought a ticket, you are allowed to change it to a specific day reservation.

• 2 weeks later...

^ I just love that they say: "If you do not bring your own face mask, you can buy one at Phantasialand." and then immediately follow with a list of area's where you have to wear a mask and the first place on that list is: "Park Entrances." I don't know I just find it funny, granted maybe they sell some before the entrances but the way I read it was like: "Yes we sell them if you don't have any but you cannot come in the park without them."

On a serious note, seems like the same rules as here in the Netherlands except in the Netherlands the face masks aren't mandatory. I also read that F.L.Y. might indeed open in 2020, apparently the Parks Tik Tok account said that so take it with a huge grain of salt. If it does I really want to visit the park this year or else I don't know.

On restaurants: "For your safety, we document the contact details of one person at your table as well as the period of your stay and keep them for 4 weeks" - is this somthing all attractions/restaurants in Germany are doing? Or is it just Phantasialand?

I obviously understand it's for contact tracing, it just struck me as interesting because it's not something I've seen from any of the other parks.

• 1 month later...

Here's some drone footage of FLY. I am really excited about this ride as I have absolutely no expectations of what it will be like. This whole area looks really overwhelming, the walls make it look like they've forgotten to put the lid on an enclosed coaster.

fly.thumb.jpg.c4b70798af2d30f1de0991c34437b0c1.jpg

Source: nicoxx68xx on Youtube

^ It looks amazing from above! And it's going to be quite a thrilling ride with

so many 'close calls' with the surrounding walls and buildings.

That straight piece of track in the middle there. Might that be launch track?

^ Very nice. Wish I could get over there to ride this - and enjoy the whole park again.

1876552493_ResizeofK-08.jpg.2fb8bfefebf6cfb90ca2678dc73d85cd.jpg

My last visit there - TPR 2010 Europe Tour - When 'film' was still a thing, lol.

fly_6.jpg

Using this screenshot, I made a couple quick edits which should help all of you understand this confusing area.

Let's start with Rookburgh as a whole. This is all brand new:

rookburgh.thumb.jpg.39202f28e4de388d182fbbbb65e20bda.jpg

This belongs to the hotel:

hotel_lindbergh.thumb.jpg.0fe426fb1c0d76c3efd3432b45821c85.jpg

To give you a sense of scale:

rookburgh_surroundings.thumb.jpg.e148f334bf5ddcd261c7dbe00fc44d36.jpg

Now let's take a look at the coaster.

From what we know, there will be separate load and unload stations, and there's also a short lifthill. Oh, and in case you forgot, the seats on this ride can rotate. You'll board the train seated upright like in a normal coaster, with the track behind your back. As the train starts to move, you'll basically be going sideways.

j5WOA8.gif.53789d987284aa590460db2464942859.gif

At the top of the lifthill, the seats rotate 90° to align you with the track. Fellow member MrRC made a NoLimits animation of this (link):

FLY_Programmed_Rotating_Test_v2_MrRC.gif.1be037dc7a6cb824f0ea7845da2aa5e2.gif

Here's where all of this is hidden away. The station is underground, the lifthill is enclosed:

fly_station.thumb.jpg.3b4389e7615b7619a3ece254d652c87f.jpg

Then you're launched into the first half of the ride. Notable elements:

- launch

- overbank

- zero-g roll

- fly under the railroad drawbridge

- fly through the balloon storage

- fly over the area in a large figure 8 shape

fly-first-half.thumb.jpg.c1f946e5e02f14184b897d978107c71a.jpg

The second half starts with an underground launch, and is considerably more hidden. Notable elements:

- underground launch

- steep uphill

- overbank over the restaurant

- tight helix

- zero-g roll over the restaurant

fly-sec-half.thumb.jpg.0b5e4a41691dcc3a7a0a5fde3ffe1912.jpg

Edited by BDG

These aerial shots show what beautiful messes Phantasialand can make and I mean that as a complement. First Taron and now F.L.Y. their limitations make them so creative with space and theming. I'm just ready and excited to ride F.L.Y. already and I'm looking forward already to the next addition to the park, Where it would be crammed into what limitations they have to work around and how it would make this park even more beautiful then it already is.

Oh my god, BDG, you have just won the coveted 'best post I have read for a really long time and maybe ever' award. Congratulations.

Honestly the picture I posted looked like an explosion at a spaghetti factory, so thanks so much for putting so much work into explaining what we're looking at so clearly.

^ I actually wasn't sure how to put my reaction in words to all of his work on this,

but you got it darn near perfect, as far as I'm concerned.

^^^ "What she said". And my thanks too, for what you did.

You're all too kind.

Oh my god, BDG, you have just won the coveted 'best post I have read for a really long time and maybe ever' award. Congratulations.

Waaay too kind.

• 2 months later...

Time to add something new to this Thread.

The Park is searching for Hotel staff at the moment. Also Chris Theis (Marketing/management assistent) said that we will "have to talk about something big" at 9th of Sedptember in his last Podcast "Bleib neugierig". Maybe some hints for an announcement.

F.L.Y. is during its rounds with People on board, so i guess some of the Employees are allowed to ride it.

Also the Hotel facade got more Details. It looked quite good i have to admit.

2.thumb.jpg.18800d3c1139ee49f1e6350ea6868ad9.jpg

1.thumb.jpg.d9d0ad1fccb5c0200143f50fc5808fd4.jpg

source: User Sheikra coasterfriends.de

Also first Smoke/Steam effects hase been seen...

slowly im getting excited

You're all too kind.

Waaay too kind.

Thanks for laying out all the elements. Although I knew it was a "launched flying coaster," I had no idea what other elements it had.