Walt Disney World Resort Non-Park Discussion Thread

P. 138: Disney Springs Reopening Date Set!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Site Admin

Re: Walt Disney World Resort Non-Park Discussion Thread

Postby SharkTums » Thu May 07, 2020 4:20 pm

A.J. wrote:Is it bad that I really, really want a Chicken Guy sandwich right now?

Yes! ;)

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Thu May 07, 2020 5:00 pm

I'm holding out for a beer, empanadas, and chips and queso at Jock's Hangar Bar.

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby Haymaker » Thu May 07, 2020 5:48 pm

SharkTums wrote:
A.J. wrote:Is it bad that I really, really want a Chicken Guy sandwich right now?

Yes! ;)

Chicken Guy is good, but ill take some Earl of Sandwich.

I'd like to buy a vowel!

Postby KBrylczyk » Sat May 09, 2020 6:43 pm

^ I see you are not a man of culture.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/539c3534a7c7084b61a754366e69a2bf.jpg[/img][/url]

Postby Haymaker » Sat May 09, 2020 7:43 pm

KBrylczyk wrote:^ I see you are not a man of culture.

:lmao:
Flavortown isnt bad, just not my favorite vacation spot

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Tue May 12, 2020 7:31 am

I'm reading some reports that reservations for the Disney-owned restaurants at Disney Springs are beginning to become available starting on June 1st. They're not showing up on my My Disney Experience app, can anyone confirm?
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Follow me on Instagram for perfectly adequate theme park photos!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Postby Haymaker » Tue May 12, 2020 7:50 am

A.J. wrote:I'm reading some reports that reservations for the Disney-owned restaurants at Disney Springs are beginning to become available starting on June 1st. They're not showing up on my My Disney Experience app, can anyone confirm?

Yes
Screenshot_20200512-104937_Disney World.jpg

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Wed May 13, 2020 2:25 pm

weyruo3rgedgb-624x351.jpg

Full Article: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/disney-world-masks-plexiglass-dividers-temperature-checks-set-partial-reopening-1294506

Disney World: Masks, Plexiglass Dividers and Temperature Checks Set for Partial Reopening

The first wave of Walt Disney World employees will be back at the park on Saturday to get a portion of the Florida resort ready for its partial reopening on May 20. The theme park has been shuttered since mid-March due to the coronavirus pandemic, which resulted in more than 100,000 employees companywide being furloughed. But in three days, 117 custodians will return to work.

Eric Clinton, president of UNITE HERE, Local 362 told The Hollywood Reporter on Wednesday that park staff have a "mixed bag of emotions" about returning to work: potential infection is a major concern, but so is not being able to pay rent.

"Some are anxious to get back because the unemployment system [in Florida] is completely broken," Clinton said. On May 20, only sub-contracted shops will be open in the Disney Springs shopping and dining complex. The next phase will start four days later when Disney retail shops, such as World Of Disney Store and Disney eateries reopen, the union president said. For that, an additional 59 custodians will report back to work.

Disney is taking the safety of both the guests and employees with the utmost seriousness, explained Clinton, highlighting some of the precautions that will be put in place. All guests and employees will be required to wear masks. Disney will provide employees three washable masks. Guests will have their temperature checked and plexiglass dividers have been installed at registers. Guests will swipe their own payments cards, they will no longer be handled by employees. And custodians will be retrained to pay attention to high-touch areas.

Clinton would not speculate about when the rest of the resort, namely the theme park, might reopen, but he did point to the Monday reopening of Shanghai Disneyland Park, noting "what you see there is a lot of what you'll see here." The sprawling China park requires all guests and staff wear masks, has line queues and rides marked for one-meter social distancing and is allowing far fewer guests daily (below 24,000) than the maximum capacity, which is 80,000.

Disney has also developed new global training for park employees to inform them about health and safety amid the pandemic, Clinton said. The company will also hold monthly safety meetings, with which the union will be involved.

For now, there have been no announcements about any part of Disneyland in Anaheim reopening. Walt Disney Co. CEO Bob Chapek on Monday said it was still unclear when the domestic parks would reopen, as the decision would rely on state and local restrictions being lifted.

"We want to open up as soon as we can across the world, but we are going to do so in a responsible way," the exec said then. "We want to get our cast back to work as soon as possible."

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby cparkes92 » Wed May 13, 2020 2:33 pm

I think Disney World will be mostly open (as in at least three parks and most resorts) before any part of Disneyland opens. Los Angeles County is planning on extending their stay-home order through some point in July (no exact date given), which would mean an earliest possible reopening of 4-6 weeks after the expiry of that, so I don't see Disneyland (or any of the large SoCal parks, even though Disneyland and Knott's are in Orange County) opening before Labor Day (September 7).
Top 10 steel: Steel Vengeance, Millennium Force, Maverick, Mako, Incredible Hulk, Banshee, Diamondback, Raptor, SheiKra, Montu
Top 10 wood: Mystic Timbers, Shivering Timbers, Beast, Racer (KI), Viper, American Eagle, Woodstock Express, Blue Streak (CP), Mean Streak (RIP), Wolverine Wildcat

Harry Potter is a sick donkey.

Postby Waltrane » Wed May 13, 2020 2:40 pm

As long as those masks come with a washable filter and they’re actually checked each work day to make sure they’re clean it should be fine.
[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/d07a25bf830f44bab60863e8d0fa0958.jpg[/img][/url]

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!