TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

^ Have to agree with you there. And those decisions will affect how much of the season the park can salvage if any of it at all. This will affect revenue negatively which will impact decisions about future attractions also.

I have a feeling the parks will eventually re-open in the summer, but with new rules and policies in place. For example:

1. Spacing people out in queue lines (for rides and food facilities)

2. Periodically stopping the loading process to sanitize seats and restraints

3. Providing more spaced-out and open seating areas

4. Sanitizing stations / reminders to wash hands

I think the chances of parks being closed for the entire summer season is pretty small, but things will most likely be different once they re-open. And looking at the bigger picture, I think this entire pandemic will change the way parks, and public places in general, operate when it comes to sanitation practices and the physical distancing of guests.

EDIT: Perhaps this post fits more in the COVID-19 thread, but this definitely applies to Cedar Point and how some of their queue lines cram people together like sardines.

^^That all depends on if/when states lift restrictions. Dewine (thankfully) has been pretty on top of restrictions to flatten the curve. He was the first Governor to close schools, cancel events, limit gatherings, etc. I don't see him relaxing the restrictions early just to get a few seasonal businesses to re-open. IF a treatment or vaccine is approved (which it won't be by summer) then things can start to normalize, but until a vaccine is produced and widely available I just don't see much in the way of parks re-opening.

Other states may choose to relax restrictions but I do not see Ohio doing it any time soon.

I think it is possible the Ohio parks do open this year, but it will not be normal operations. There is also little chance it will be in May like they have announced.

If its anything like Universal Singapore, we will see restrictions on anything that can generate a crowd, and direct interactions. My understanding was the only parts of Universal which were operating were the rides, food service, and shops. No shows, no parades, no tours, basically no live entertainment. With those restrictions, I could see how Cedar Point and Kings Island might open this year. But it will not be what most guests are expecting or used to experiencing.

I think it is possible the Ohio parks do open this year, but it will not be normal operations. There is also little chance it will be in May like they have announced.

If its anything like Universal Singapore, we will see restrictions on anything that can generate a crowd, and direct interactions. My understanding was the only parts of Universal which were operating were the rides, food service, and shops. No shows, no parades, no tours, basically no live entertainment. With those restrictions, I could see how Cedar Point and Kings Island might open this year. But it will not be what most guests are expecting or used to experiencing.

USS also had to shut down completely once numbers started to spike more in the area. A better example would be Everland which didn't shut at all when Korea had a drastic increase but required all guests to wear masks, consent to a temperature check and be turned away if you have a fever, indoor rides closed and strongly recommended spaces between people.

eng_covid_200330.jpg

^Wow. That really sounds fun.

Wait... Was this entire rant and conversation about $50?

You can always Zelle me 50 since it means nothing to you.

The audacity of that statement explains perfectly why you're in this predicament. Thank you for clearing that up. Best of luck.

Just got this announcement:

"Thank you to our current Cedar Point Season Passholders for your continued support. Given the uncertainty around our park opening, we want to share an important update regarding 2020 Season Passholder benefits.

2020 Season Passes and purchased 2020 Season Pass Add-On Products (if applicable) will be valid for the remainder of 2020 when our park is able to open, PLUS we will extend your pass through 2021 Season.

For complete details, please visit: bit.ly/2XHuKeR"

So awesome of them. Cannot wait to get back to the park this year AND next.

Now I really wish I got the Gold Pass.

You still can. It costs a little bit more now but even if you buy a pass today, they'll still honor it in 2021.

True, but then id be out the cost of the 8 $37.50 single day tickets I bought

^I'm sure the single day tickets will be honored as well.

And until the park re-opens the Gold Pass's value hasn't changed, at this point if you only get 2021 out of it (which is highly likely) the value did not change at all. You only got one season.

And until the park re-opens the Gold Pass's value hasn't changed, at this point if you only get 2021 out of it (which is highly likely) the value did not change at all. You only got one season.

I live 3-4 hours away from CP so using the tickets and getting the gold pass isnt worth it. Only way itd be worth it would be for CP to credit me the single day tickets towards a gold pass. Then id basically be getting tickets for the following year for $54 (assuming they open this summer)

This is good for PR and a strong Business move. People will be happy that they get 2021 for free maybe and maybe few months in 2020.

Most peoples passes should already be paid off that should help increase in-park spending in 2021. Some people might also pick up passes know that they will get 2021 for free. Bringing some cash in to help with the times right now.

I live 3-4 hours away from CP so using the tickets and getting the gold pass isnt worth it. Only way itd be worth it would be for CP to credit me the single day tickets towards a gold pass. Then id basically be getting tickets for the following year for $54 (assuming they open this summer)

I live 4 hours away and in Canada, I manage to go multiple times a season.

Im in Buffalo so youre not far. Pick me up on your way lol. While youre at it cover my work shift, pay for my hotel and for my families food and drink. Oh, and watch my dogs!

Unless they specifically aren't going to do that for these circumstances, you can typically do that in person. I've credited my single day ticket towards a pass after a day at the park in years past. You just go to the processing center and say you want to put your ticket for that day towards a pass. I would try on whichever day you end up going, whether it's this year or next. I don't see them not honoring 2020 tickets for next year also if this year ends up being a wash.

Im in Buffalo so youre not far. Pick me up on your way lol. While youre at it cover my work shift, pay for my hotel and for my families food and drink. Oh, and watch my dogs!

The reason I can go so often is I get 4 weeks vacation a year. I use 3 of them in summer and I have gone for a weekend a couple of times too. I leave at 5am Friday and come home Sunday morning.