TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

So great! I remember that day so well. I was 8 yrs old and my Dad had to really talk me into riding it because it just looked so big, he finally guilted me into it because he took a day off work and we went to the park without my Mom knowing! We both got in trouble too because that night neither of us could touch the dinner she made after a whole day of eating junk food and riding stuff. There was so much media buzz and I can remember the two hour long lines that summer when it opened. There was an added thrill knowing that you were riding the tallest and fastest coaster at the time, even though that title didn't last long.

Fast forward 34 years to 2010 when my son was 7 and it was the first big coaster he was able to ride. Wonder if it will be around for grandkids and if anyone will be laughing at a gray haired old granny riding it?!

Umm can we talk about the last shot of that video where a news reporter and cameraman are standing on Eagle's catwalk when a train full of riders comes screaming by!!! Lol, wild times...

Uhhh, yeah, you young'uns have no idea of the dangerous crap that use to go on in daily life, lol. And no insult intended, I just mean you have no idea because you never experienced life like we did as kids. The whole idea of riding your bike away from home and not showing back up til the street lights were coming on and your parents had no contact with you and no idea where you were or what you did all day.

^I'm a Xennial, so I got to experience quite a bit of that, too. But, our micro-generation was weird. During the day, our parents would have no clue where we were until we came home with scrapes and bruises from playing street hockey, building dangerous AF forts, or playing 'king of the hill' type games. When we got yelled at enough to come inside, we'd slam take-out pizza, crush a few cans of Surge, and have sleep-overs with every kid on our street where we stayed up until 3am playing Sega. It was an awesome mixed bag. The couple times we went to SF per year were truly treats. When Batman and Mr. Freeze opened up they rocked our worlds.

Fast forward to April, 2020. When I'm not at work I'm stuck home watching Nextflix or getting destroyed by avid video-gamers on PS4 until I get frustrated and vow never to play again. This sucks.

Great. That thing beats me up and makes me sick now. Can't imagine riding it when I'm in my 70's.

Zach, one of our favorite activities on those all day forays when we were kids was to play in the houses that were being constructed. With equipment laying around and stairs with no railings and open holes to basements and windows with nothing in them yet.......sometimes I am kind of amazed I made it to adulthood.

Zach, one of our favorite activities on those all day forays when we were kids was to play in the houses that were being constructed.

In the type of neighborhoods I first grew up in there were only houses being demolished, not constructed...

I know for a fact that something has been in the works but it wasn't a Raptor last I heard; however, it's plausible. I'd rather have a Raptor than RMC Boss though so if this is our RMC I'd be pretty happy.

Don't get me wrong about Iron Boss; I just think that with the budget SFStl has we would get a more substantial coaster. I'd like to be wrong but I could easily see Iron Boss being very short.

I'm honestly surprised Catwoman Whip hasn't been postponed or cancelled. As of today, it's still posted on the front page of their website. The other one of these rides was pushed back at Great Escape (not a huge surprise since they had all those troubles with construction permits).

The other one of these rides was pushed back at Great Escape (not a huge surprise since they had all those troubles with construction permits).

the attraction was approved with displacement from the original construction site

I recently watched a video about who would want to buy the Six Flgas parks if Six Flags were forced to dissolve, or be forced to sell off.

This Youtuber posted a scenario where they only kept their 3 largest parks. And Six Flags St. Louis was one of the few parks he didn't have an assumed buyer for.

In the comment section, someone commented that they didn't expect SFSTL to survive past the 2021 season.

I certainly hope there's no truth to any of this. Though it has went somewhat downhill over the last decade, it would still be a tragedy to see SFSTL get the Astroworld/Fantasy Island treatment. It was the first amusement park I had ever visited.

The St. Louis metro is certainly big enough to sustain an amusement park. And I was under the impression that they were indeed profitable enough to sustain themselves indefinitely.

I had always wished that Six Flags could have treated SFSTL like Cedar Fair treats KI. Though they keep KI second tier to CP, they have still made it into a wonderful park that compliments CP, especially with the combo tickets. I had always wanted Six Flags to issue SFGAM/SFSTL combo tickets.

Instead, Six Flags seems to be building one destination park while seemingly hoping for the elimination of it's nearest sister park.

Isn't isn't so much about the current state of the park, but taking the rumors into consideration as well. Not that I'm putting much stock into the rumors either. I'm just wondering what other people are thinking.