TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

SeaWorld San Diego (SWSD) Discussion Thread

p. 61: Jewels of the Sea Jellyfish Experience coming in 2024!

• 3 weeks later...

I can’t wait to ride this. It looks like it takes the inversions pretty quickly. A dive coaster with whippy, intense inversions would be just what the doctor ordered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like a great coaster. - However, I'm shocked that the station isn't even enclosed?! - I'm hoping that will change soon? I just thought that would be done before testing started... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by DoinItForTheFame

So did we confirm that there is no roof on this station? I'm kind of surprised that California amusement regulation is so anal about everything but gives this a pass. Not that it is any less safe or anything, but just that it seems like something they wouldn't let fly.

So did we confirm that there is no roof on this station? I'm kind of surprised that California amusement regulation is so anal about everything but gives this a pass. Not that it is any less safe or anything, but just that it seems like something they wouldn't let fly.

I take it you've never been to CGA... SWSD confirmed they will have shade structures, but no roof. Similar to Journey to Atlantis and Tidal Twister

I take it you've never been to CGA... SWSD confirmed they will have shade structures, but no roof. Similar to Journey to Atlantis and Tidal Twister

You are right Do people actually like it like that? I just feel like if you are going to spend millions on a roller coaster you should spend a tiny fraction of that to put a roof over the queue, but i guess that how all flat rides are now that i think about it so ok.

I don't know where this whole "CA amusement regulation is so anal about everything" comes from...

California just makes sure parks and traveling rides are following the industry ASTM standards and holding parks accountable to make sure they follow those and all required maintenance as mandated by the manufacturer.

Unfortunately those standards only apply to the ride. Parks just have to follow building codes when it comes to station buildings.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

In case anyone didn't hear, SWSD passes will be extended one year from their original expiration date. This is honestly a huge relief for me after spending an entire summer in San Diego and not being able to go to the park once with my season pass. I'm not sure if other Seaworld parks are doing this or not. Here's what the email said:

We are pleased to announce that your Annual Pass expiration date will automatically be extended for one year from your original expiration date. No action is needed on your part to activate this extension. For example, if your Annual Pass expired on August 31, 2020, you can now visit as many times as you’d like now through August 31, 2021.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Per the SeaWorld San Diego website, out-of-state residents are now allowed to visit with evidence of being fully vaccinated or by presenting a covid test taken within 72 hours of visiting.

SeaWorld San Diego is now operating as a theme park with rides, indoor and outdoor animal exhibits, and outdoor live animal presentations with physically-distanced seating. Per state COVID-19 restrictions, attendance is limited to California in-state visitors, and now out-of-state visitors will be required to show proof of a completed COVID-19 vaccine or a negative COVID-19 test taken within 72 hours of their park visit (required for guests 3 & up). Guests may also be asked to present proof of residency upon entry. Party sizes may not contain more than 3 households. To adhere to capacity guidelines, and for the health and safety of our animals, employees and guests, reservations and proper face coverings are required to enter the park.

COVID.PNG.7513a0f816e2fc6829681f64c2cef1e7.PNG

I think it will be interesting to see if the other California parks begin doing this as well.

Edit- Upon doing some digging it appears the covid test or vaccine exception is in place for zoos currently, but not theme parks.  It looks like SeaWorld is claiming they're a zoo to use it.