TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

p. 375: Phoenix Rising family inverted coaster announced for 2024!

I am loving how quickly they're getting this thing together! I had thought it a bit of a pipe dream that this might be open by April, when I would be able to ride it the first weekend of the month. But more and more it's looking like that's not an unreasonable thought! I love this park, and I'm loving how amazing Iron Gwazi looks! Can't wait to get on it, hopefully in less than a month!

The difference between BGT and KI when it comes to testing their new coaster is hilarious.

BGT- Broad daylight, during park hours, no shame.

KI- Park is closed for the season, but still moves/turns webcams off a full week in advance of testing

They were also testing the break run and lift before the track was even complete. They would drag the train backwards through the transfer track area and up the break run to test the breaks. I predict it will open in the next few days. Sometimes they can do these things quickly. At Kentucky Kingdom they had to get a certain number of cycles in on lightning run, so they tested it through the night to get it open in time for opening day.

^Just watch and be sure the park is going to be open first. They hadn't announced a closing yet, but with Disney (WDW) and Universal Orlando closing at the end of regular operating hours on Sunday, BGT (& SW and others) are likely to follow.