Walt Disney World Resort Non-Park Discussion Thread

P. 138: Disney Springs Reopening Date Set!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Love Donkeys!

Re: Walt Disney World Resort Non-Park Discussion Thread

Postby coasternut79 » Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:10 pm

Mike240SX wrote:
coasternut79 wrote:I agree with you about the hysteria. I’m not worried about it myself other than it affecting my trip. Hopefully they stay open and the crowds stay away!

Really? You're not worried about it? Then why do you talk about in every single post you make?
First of all thank you for your extremely substantive post and second of all I have posted all off twice in this thread.

Thank you Coasterbill for expressing what I was trying to say, yes I’m worried about the hysteria and the possibility of parks closing, not catching the virus myself.

I hope Disney and all parks for that matter are not affected by this but as we have seen in Asia it’s a very real possibility unfortunately. Fingers crossed it doesn’t explode and rampantly spread but only time will tell I guess.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:29 pm

^^ Garet, I don’t even know how to respond to that post other than to express tons of sympathy. I’m so sorry to hear that you’re all going through that. Thanks for taking the time to write up that post though. It’s an interesting glimpse of what’s going on in South Korea.
Last edited by coasterbill on Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:29 pm.

Postby bert425 » Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:47 pm

coasterbill wrote:^^ Garet, I don’t even know how to respond to that post other than to express tons of sympathy. I’m so sorry to hear that you’re all going through that. Thanks for taking the time to write up that post though. It’s an interesting glimpse of what’s going on in South Korea.

Garet,

I'm feeling the same way Bill is, in that I'm not sure what to say.

I mean, I'm aware of the status in that part of the world because of my daily meetings with co-workers in Singapore, Japan, and Suzhou . . . .but talking to them via skype (as they are adjusting to working from home) is not the same as experiencing it.

I hope all resolves sooner, rather than later, and that all will be able to get back to normal soon.

I echo what Bill says about thanking you for taking the time to write all that up. It really is truly a learning opportunity, and I appreciate you sharing with us.

sending good vibes and thoughts your way (don't worry, they are free of Coronavirus) !
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Garet » Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:37 am

Thanks for the kind words and I appreciate it but we are doing pretty ok here. I typed that more to make a point there's a factor as big as fear in play that you won't see in the news. We could afford to go to Everland or Lotte World but I'm a hope for the best, prepare for the worse kind of guy. I just don't want to have unnecessary spending and find my job gets delayed even more and not have enough to cover it.

As it stands, I should be back at work. I had money put away for a USJ trip and to finally try Nagashima Spa Land (I seem to be cursed on getting there I always delay with a new roller coaster announcement and now this). That trip is lost because I'll have to work that time I was going to be off and because Japan has blocked entry to people from Korea. Considering where I live it's not exactly a once in a life-time trip so it's not a big deal. If my biggest fallout from this crisis is a vacation I can't even take, and my family is well provided for I consider myself one of the luckiest ones.

The fact I can be a month unpaid and survive mostly on money put away for a birthday trip to just USJ, it's express pass 7, and a hypothetical Nintendo Land pass either says something about the cost of living here... or how ridiculous USJ prices have become. ;)

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:59 am

^I think it's a testament to the ridiculous USJ pricing! Glad you're surviving though!

Postby bert425 » Sun May 03, 2020 12:15 pm

well. . how bout that?

Someone Trespassed to camp on Discovery Island, because he thought it was just "a tropical paradise" :

"A man arrested for camping at Walt Disney World's Discovery Island told police he didn't know he was trespassing on what looked to him like a "tropical paradise," police said."

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/03/us/disney-island-camping-coronavirus-arrest-trnd/index.html
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/19fc64eae2ec826e3a662d1ff9f29ab9.jpg[/img][/url]

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Thu May 07, 2020 3:13 pm

This was posted on the Disney blog.

DS Reopen.jpg

Disney Springs Begins Phased Reopening on May 20
Matt Simon
by Matt Simon, Vice President, Disney Springs

A phased reopening of Disney Springs will begin on May 20. Following the guidance of government and health officials, a limited number of shopping and dining experiences that are owned by third-party operating participants will begin to open during this initial phase. The rest of Walt Disney World Resort will remain closed, including theme parks and resort hotels.

As we continue to monitor conditions, and with the health of guests and Disney cast members at the forefront of our planning, we are making several operational changes. Disney Springs will begin to reopen in a way that incorporates enhanced safety measures, including increased cleaning procedures, the use of appropriate face coverings by both cast members and guests, limited-contact guest services and additional safety training for cast members.

We will apply learnings and ideas from leaders in the health and travel industries, and we’re also talking to our unions as we prepare for some cast members to return to work.

During the initial opening phase, Disney Springs will have limitations on capacity, parking and operating hours. Given this unprecedented situation, we appreciate everyone’s patience and understanding as we navigate through this process as responsibly as we can. Additional protocols and procedures may be announced closer to the opening date. Please check DisneySprings.com as we get closer to May 20 for the most current information on operating hours, locations and safety procedures.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Thu May 07, 2020 3:17 pm

Yay!!!

And this is the site where they'll be updating with more information as we get close to the May 20 date!

https://www.disneysprings.com/reopening/
Last edited by SharkTums on Thu May 07, 2020 3:19 pm.

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Thu May 07, 2020 3:46 pm

Is it bad that I really, really want a Chicken Guy sandwich right now?
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Follow me on Instagram for perfectly adequate theme park photos!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Thu May 07, 2020 3:48 pm

^ No, that is a very, very good thing.....eventually. :wink:
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!