TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

WDW Disney's Hollywood Studios Discussion Thread

The ride's fantastic performance has continued for the last few days. 4 straight days of at least 130 boarding groups called with no noticeable downtime. Hopefully this continues.

Meanwhile... in California

tumblr_ozna6tmuPq1vg1enro1_400.gifv

Edited by coasterbill

The ride's fantastic performance has continued for the last few days. 4 straight days of at least 130 boarding groups called with no noticeable downtime. Hopefully this continues.

For a while, wasn't California's performing better?

One theory I've seen is that there's an A-team for maintenance, but that's all speculation based on one coast's ride seemingly having a stretch of good days while the opposite coast's seemingly has a stretch of bad days.

There is a lot of speculation but no.

Yeah that'skind of what I figured.

For a while, wasn't California's performing better?

One theory I've seen is that there's an A-team for maintenance, but that's all speculation based on one coast's ride seemingly having a stretch of good days while the opposite coast's seemingly has a stretch of bad days.

Seems like at one point during construction before the delay was announced I stumbled on a reddit page or something saying that some of the issues they discovered in Cali they were able address earlier in the construction process in FL. I don't really believe anything online but it kind of lines up with how FL opened first even though Cali was under construction longer and makes me wonder if there are any significant differences in the two systems because of how the construction process went. Probably not but you never know (and we probably never will).

Or there's billions, possibly trillions, of lines of code all working and interacting simultaneously with video effects, practical effects, sound effects, animatronics, etc, and sometimes they get confused and force a breakdown. That's probably more likely. Disney is pushing the processors running this beast to the known limit. There's bound to be hiccups. You can't push the envelope without screwing a few things up along the way.

Speaking of lines of code f*cking everything up.

It's being reported that an app issue allowed all of the people practicing for their upcoming Disney trips to actually secure boarding groups without actually being in the park or even having a ticket. This obviously means that a much larger percentage of people who were actually in the park walked away empty handed and guest services lines are apparently pretty huge this morning. I definitely feel for them and the cast members today.

WDW News Today

Yup.

Obviously there's no way to predict what percentage of people were actually outside the park. One would think it would be relatively low in comparison to the number of people who were but I guess you never know. If they really fly through the groups we'll know why.

Edited by coasterbill

Backup groups start at 46 today.... ouch

And boarding starts at 10

Datapoints seem to suggest that they gave everyone who got any backup group yesterday but didn't ride (including the people who got boarding groups from halfway across the world) multiple experience passes because of the glitch. I'm sure they're just compensating for that. There are going to be tons of people using the Fastpass line today.

Edited by coasterbill

^ Agreed. Though it would be interesting to know how many of the recovery FastPasses were people actually at the resort versus those trying from home (I know we'll never know).

My aunt was one of the lucky ones who tried from home and somehow got a backup boarding group, so she got a free ticket and FP for Rise.

They gave out thousands and thousands of Fastpasses yesterday (and possibly one Jungle Cruise boat’s worth of Fastpasses today ). The ride probably did way more riders today than the number of boarding groups called would imply.

Edited by coasterbill