TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

It’s literally going to look like it is eating the track.

... if they ever start building the track.

You'll be lucky if that devil is eating Thanksgiving dinner. Good thing Great Adventure has HITP so Six Flags can still advertise its new roller coaster for 2020.

In all seriousness, as much as I joke about SF's ride opening time tables, yes it should be open by September. However, DoinIt is right....take a look a WCR for how to colossally ruin a ride opening.

Via the parks socials...

JDT.jpg.1a5afd7eaf569ecac1684882ce4490f8.jpg

Gadvfeb20202.thumb.jpg.d514bd514040e63b809974b34148fae3.jpg

Gadvfeb20201.thumb.jpg.dd5df57239090ec1d9206e013ce6f1da.jpg

Gadvfeb20203.thumb.jpg.142a35d84d4f320ace63368724294592.jpg

Gadvfeb20204.thumb.jpg.598025b35f04005508ff929d6a555ac2.jpg

I might actually be more stoked that we're finally getting a Jersey Devil themed coaster - in the woods no less - than I am about the fact that we're getting a RMC raptor. This sh*t is gonna be so rad.

I really feel like on a national scale, this coaster is being overlooked, as they talk about their most anticipated 2020 coasters. I rarely see it cracking people's Top 3, and for me, it's solidly #2 behind Iron Gwazi (and barely ahead of Pantheon!) I am super excited to get on my first Raptor, and one of this size, and at this great park to boot! Obviously, the only question is when, but with family in the area, I am flexible, and can wait out its eventual opening.

How about others here? Is anybody else really excited about JD still? Or is this just not as high on people's list for various reasons?

^I agree that Jersey Devil may become a sleeper hit. So far, most of the 2020 attention is on Orion, Pantheon, and Iron Gwazi.

However, those other coasters are probably grabbing the most attention because they are complete or nearly-complete. I think people will gain more excitement for Jersey Devil when the coaster actually begins to take shape.

Those cars look awesome. I hope this model keeps the intensity as it grows in size. Can't wait to ride this one. Probably my most anticipated for 2020, with Iron Gwazi right behind it. *Please note, I haven't ridden WW or RB but I'm dying to.

I've heard nothing but good things about the Raptors so far. I narrowly missed out on Wonder Woman when I was down in Texas so I haven't yet tried any of them out. I will be hitting up CGA in mid-April and hopefully be able to get a chance to try out Railblazer beforehand, but regardless, I am very excited about this! Can't wait to get rides on it. Here's hoping it's up and running by June, fingers crossed.

I've heard nothing but good things about the Raptors so far. I narrowly missed out on Wonder Woman when I was down in Texas so I haven't yet tried any of them out. I will be hitting up CGA in mid-April and hopefully be able to get a chance to try out Railblazer beforehand, but regardless, I am very excited about this! Can't wait to get rides on it. Here's hoping it's up and running by June, fingers crossed.

Yes, they are definitely fun and rerideable coasters.

Do you non-locals realize how insane this is going to be at night?

Are you assuming that lighting will be minimal?

Who would assume otherwise w/ this park?

Hopefully other than station and lift lights, they'll leave the area dark at night. Nitro night rides are much better than Toro, imo. PDC is pretty well lit.